hibs.net Messageboard

Page 130 of 424 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 12699

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ********s that are currently driving across the new bridge just to drive back over it!!! What? You're never, ever going to drive over the bridge?? No wonder the traffics brutal!!
    How do you know they are doing this ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    How do you know they are doing this ?
    The bridge authorities have publicised it themselves, said earlier in the week they had monitored some cars doing it 5 times!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    The bridge authorities have publicised it themselves, said earlier in the week they had monitored some cars doing it 5 times!

Mental, what a waste of fuel.

Stupid journalists who report on the size of something by saying "it's the size of x amount of football pitches"

As if we are too stupid to understand size.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    The reg plate wasn't ER 11, was it?

Another bridge peeve:
    People referring to The Forth Bridge as the Forth 'rail' Bridge!

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Another bridge peeve:
    That always annoys me far, far more than it really should. I genuinely get angry when I hear people say it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Another bridge peeve:
    Working in the industry it's just "The Bridge" to me, had the pleasure of walking and working across it in all weathers day & night.
    But you're quite right, it's the Forth Bridge, the first over the water, the mode of transport is incidental!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Working in the industry it's just "The Bridge" to me, had the pleasure of walking and working across it in all weathers day & night.
    But you're quite right, it's the Forth Bridge, the first over the water, the mode of transport is incidental!

I wish i knew how many ive worked a train over that bridge. Must be thousands and some people only get to go over it once in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I wish i knew how many ive worked a train over that bridge. Must be thousands and some people only get to go over it once in their lifetime.
    Hope you threw a penny oot the windae for luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Hope you threw a penny oot the windae for luck.

Naw but a few ticket machines went for a swim.

Is the 1st forth bridge not in aberfoyle? Technically speaking 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Technically, maybe.
    Was watching one of those Bridge/Engineering/maybe Coast type programs on TV years ago and this was raised, I think it has to be made clear if we're talking about the river or the firth. The vast majority of folk are talking about the firth.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    It is, in the Nitpickers Journal.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    So, was meant to be seeing the Libertines next Friday 22nd in Blackpool - but they had to cancel that due to a dodgy roof. Instead they are playing in Warrington on the same night, with a 2000 less capacity, but thankfully managed to get tickets first thing this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    So, was meant to be seeing the Libertines next Friday 22nd in Blackpool - but they had to cancel that due to a dodgy roof. Instead they are playing in Warrington on the same night, with a 2000 less capacity, but thankfully managed to get tickets first thing this morning.
    Sounds more like your pet cheesin' than pet peevin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Sure I read the gig has been postponed til later in the year and your ticket is still valid?

The term 'snowflake'.

It's actually quite amusing as it tends to get thrown about by very, very angry right wing people in the midst of a total hissy fit because someone has dared to disagree with them. They don't seem to spot the irony of using the term in such a context.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Feminists and feminazis.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Folk who think the welfare system owes them something, even though they have contributed absolutely nothing to it and have no intention of ever doing so. Burdens on society.

The boy on the Nationwide "armbands" advert, get off the telly!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Folk who think the welfare system owes them something, even though they have contributed absolutely nothing to it and have no intention of ever doing so. Burdens on society.
    Yep. Often the first in line to slate any "bloody immigrants" coming over here for a hope of a better life tae.

Hundreds of people leaving a game early when there's still everything to play for.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Feminists and feminazis.
    I had this discussion with my brother last night, I'm all for fairness and equality but there are some very militant people out there ruining something that should be considered good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I had this discussion with my brother last night, I'm all for fairness and equality but there are some very militant people out there ruining something that should be considered good.

They are all for gender equality, fine no problem with that. They completely ignore facts though like just 7% of women in the uk consider themselves a feminist, its dying out.

If a woman slaps/kicks/punches a man its generally considered funny and that he must have deserved it and its generally accepted. If a man slaps/kicks/punches a woman in retaliation the woman is now the victim and plays that card and its considered assault, domestic abuse and they should be jailed etc etc.

Another example. A female stewardess pulling a catering trolly down a train/plane past a group of guys a on a stag doo with customary blow up dolls, stag dressed up etc and she gets her arse slapped or pinched by a member or members of the stag party its unacceptable, yes of course it is. That perpetrator is then arrested for sexual assault and sent to court and placed on the sex offenders register, fined and maybe given a suspended sentence. Life potentially ruined, loses his job perhaps.

Now lets flip that around, a male steward if pulling a catering trolly down a train/plane through a hen party with the blow up dolls, cock straws, hen all dressed up etc. Now the male steward gets his arse slapped or balls grabbed by a member or members of the hen party. Thats considered acceptable and a laugh by the members of the hen party and part and parcel of their banter and antics that go on and its all ok. The man is under real pressure not to report that for fear of ridicule and being called a wimp, jesse or a homosexual and to 'man up" and that he should be happy he's getting the female attention, well no he shouldn't as its the exact same as a man doing that to a woman - its not acceptable. Theres no way a woman would be arrested, sent to court, fined, given a suspended sentence and placed on offenders register.

Things are certainly not equal in that sense I'm afraid.

Check out this social experiment carried out in London. Would you stop a woman from beating a man? Footage: Fox News

They are all for gender equality, fine no problem with that. They completely ignore facts though like just 7% of women in the uk consider themselves a feminist, its dying out.

If a woman slaps/kicks/punches a man its generally considered funny and that he must have deserved it and its generally accepted. If a man slaps/kicks/punches a woman in retaliation the woman is now the victim and plays that card and its considered assault, domestic abuse and they should be jailed etc etc.

Another example. A female stewardess pulling a catering trolly down a train/plane past a group of guys a on a stag doo with customary blow up dolls, stag dressed up etc and she gets her arse slapped or pinched by a member or members of the stag party its unacceptable, yes of course it is. That perpetrator is then arrested for sexual assault and sent to court and placed on the sex offenders register, fined and maybe given a suspended sentence. Life potentially ruined, loses his job perhaps.

Now lets flip that around, a male steward if pulling a catering trolly down a train/plane through a hen party with the blow up dolls, cock straws, hen all dressed up etc. Now the male steward gets his arse slapped or balls grabbed by a member or members of the hen party. Thats considered acceptable and a laugh by the members of the hen party and part and parcel of their banter and antics that go on and its all ok. The man is under real pressure not to report that for fear of ridicule and being called a wimp, jesse or a homosexual and to 'man up" and that he should be happy he's getting the female attention, well no he shouldn't as its the exact same as a man doing that to a woman - its not acceptable. Theres no way a woman would be arrested, sent to court, fined, given a suspended sentence and placed on offenders register.

Things are certainly not equal in that sense I'm afraid.

Check out this social experiment carried out in London. Would you stop a woman from beating a man? Footage: Fox News

This. I'm all for equality, but these people don't want equality, they want an imbalance in their favour constantly.

another example (which may no longer be allowed) - when my sister passed her driving test, she got her first insurance through a company which openly stated, advertised and positively revelled in only insuring female drivers. That's not equality. Yet was deemed to be no issue. But if there was an insurance company that would only cover male drivers, there would have been hell to pay.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The boy on the Nationwide "armbands" advert, get off the telly!
    +1 and all those other crappy poems they're doing just now.
    Captain Obvious, Go Compare, Enterprise Car Rentals etc etc all doing my nut in.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

This. I'm all for equality, but these people don't want equality, they want an imbalance in their favour constantly.

another example (which may no longer be allowed) - when my sister passed her driving test, she got her first insurance through a company which openly stated, advertised and positively revelled in only insuring female drivers. That's not equality. Yet was deemed to be no issue. But if there was an insurance company that would only cover male drivers, there would have been hell to pay.

Guaranteed mate, there would be a huge outcry about how its sexist and not fair. Sheila's wheels or whatever it was colled was perfectly ok though.....

Technically, maybe.
    Was watching one of those Bridge/Engineering/maybe Coast type programs on TV years ago and this was raised, I think it has to be made clear if we're talking about the river or the firth. The vast majority of folk are talking about the firth.

But there is a sign and everything.i mean they wouldn't put up sign with lies would they?😜

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    It is, in the Nitpickers Journal.
    😉