hibs.net Messageboard

Page 173 of 425 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 12725

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

My work van is limited to 62mph. The usual situation is I'll come up behind some old couple sitting at 55mph on the dual carriageway, so I'll move out to overtake them, it's usually when I get alongside them that they will then speed up also to around 60mph leaving me stuck on the outside lane with them on my inside and a big queue of BMW's and Audis cursing the twat in the white van.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Peeling the start of a new toilet roll.

Never straightforward and you often end up with streaks from various layers all piled into one oversized clump before you get on an even keel.

Left by mutual consent!
    ****s that think that they are high enough up in an organization they can ignore the meeting room reservation tool.

Nothing worse than rolling up at a meeting room at 10am and some smarmy **** is sitting in it not bothering his arse that it's reserved.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Menswear on 2nd floor at Marks & Spencer (Princes St)
    All women's stuff on ground floor & a labyrinth of women's unmentionables on first floor.
    No fair.
    Advice to guys: Shop M&S stores at the Fort or Gyle instead.
    Last edited by snooky; 10-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All women's stuff on ground floor & a labyrinth of women's unmentionables on first floor.
    No fair.
    Unmentionables

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    No fair.
    Their shoes are overpriced.

Getting old. Peeves me off big time.!

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    Getting old. Peeves me off big time.!
    Aye, but the alternative is worse.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The complete over the top reaction to a defeat on here. Suddenly the players who have had a tremendous season are no longer good enough for Hibs and never have been in some cases. It's absolutely pathetic reading some of the knee jerk reactions, no doubt some folk will even stay away on Sunday because we lost. I get emotions are running high but some of the accusations being thrown about regarding the ability of certain players is an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    The complete over the top reaction to a defeat on here. Suddenly the players who have had a tremendous season are no longer good enough for Hibs and never have been in some cases. It's absolutely pathetic reading some of the knee jerk reactions, no doubt some folk will even stay away on Sunday because we lost. I get emotions are running high but some of the accusations being thrown about regarding the ability of certain players is an absolute joke.
    100%

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Folk who clog up petrol station forecourts waiting for a pump on the"right side" to become free.

Why won't they stretch the hose across the back of their car?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Their shoes are overpriced.

You are right. Ł58 for a pair of shoes with plastic soles and heels.

For me M & S died 20 years ago when they still refused to take credit card payments, ditto Austin Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Folk who clog up petrol station forecourts waiting for a pump on the"right side" to become free.

I have this many times on here, It's crazy the amount of people who won't use a pump unless It's the same side.

I have this many times on here, It's crazy the amount of people who won't use a pump unless It's the same side.
    Best thing about it is driving past the queue of drivers who would rather sit and wait.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I do this, my reason is that I don't want a dirty and oily rubber hose scratching my car. Also that I can't get the nozzle in properly and I don't want to spill fuel.

I don't block the forecourt though.
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 12-05-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I do this, my reason is that I don't want a dirty and oily rubber hose scratching my car. Also that I can't get the nozzle in properly and I don't want to spill fuel.

I don't block the forecourt though.
    Neither do I, the hose doesn't touch the car it goes round the back of it!

Blog Entries
    Neither do I, the hose doesn't touch the car it goes round the back of it!
    Some of the hoses I’ve tried to do this with sometimes aren’t long enough, especially if you’ve parked the car a wee bit further out from the pump. It’s even more annoying for the punter behind you if you have to climb back in the car, reverse and ease in a bit closer. Gatecrasher’s got the right idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Some of the hoses I’ve tried to do this with sometimes aren’t long enough, especially if you’ve parked the car a wee bit further out from the pump. It’s even more annoying for the punter behind you if you have to climb back in the car, reverse and ease in a bit closer. Gatecrasher’s got the right idea.
    You need to learn (practice) how to park at a petrol pump 😉😁

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Adding to this; people who will fill their car, go inside to pay then sit in the sub-way or whatever it may be eating while their car blocks a pump up. Really does my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Adding to this; people who will fill their car, go inside to pay then sit in the sub-way or whatever it may be eating while their car blocks a pump up. Really does my head in.
    Or get back in their car and check their phone messages or generally fart around when there's a line up waiting to fill up.
    Inconsiderate ********.

Left by mutual consent!
    People at work that can't accept that sometimes you just want to sit by yourself at lunch.

Some days I really, really, don't have the patience to sit and listen to mind numbing ***** about people's kids, boyfriends, make up, jewllery and any other type of gossiping type ***** for 30 minutes and just want to pass the time with a sub standard tuna sandwich and a paper by myself.

People who hold meetings in a work canteen at lunchtime taking loads of chairs and putting tables together while staff are carrying trays with food and nowhere to eat! On top of that the pompous gits talk loudly as if they're interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    People at work that can't accept that sometimes you just want to sit by yourself at lunch.

Some days I really, really, don't have the patience to sit and listen to mind numbing ***** about people's kids, boyfriends, make up, jewllery and any other type of gossiping type ***** for 30 minutes and just want to pass the time with a sub standard tuna sandwich and a paper by myself.
    Got a well meaning but ultimately irritating Swiss guy at work like this. Constantly wanting to talk about Scotland, independence, my thoughts on Brexit, how he saw a program about tartan on Swiss telly last night etc etc etc.

Sufficeth to say, I plan my lunch break once he's done with his.

People (like me ) who walk up and just butt in when you are having a conversation with someone else.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post

Sure I mentioned this before on a earlier page, but its one of the biggest peeves I have at work. I like to be left alone to eat, but whats worse is everyone feeling the need to comment on what your eating. Ohhhh that smells nice, ohhhhh thats not very healthy, what you got there? wish I had that over my salad etc etc. Just Efff off and let me eat in peace FFS.
    Second peeve is the inconsiderate ********s who think its acceptable to microwave a Fish pie in the canteen. (I love a nice homemade one, but id never dream of zapping it in the micro at work, that smell gets into the air con and ruins the microwave!!!)

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Airports and shopping centres. It's getting worse and worse. People walking around in herds with their faces stuck in a mobile phone and walking in completely random directions changing course unexpectedly making it impossible to anticipate your own route. I've given up trying to avoid them and simply barge through them if they meander onto my path like walking dead.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Airports and shopping centres. It's getting worse and worse. People walking around in herds with their faces stuck in a mobile phone and walking in completely random directions changing course unexpectedly making it impossible to anticipate your own route. I've given up trying to avoid them and simply barge through them if they meander onto my path like walking dead.
    Whilst conducting my own trial of this, it makes little difference. I walk to Edinburgh Park/South Gyle from Corstorphine most days and I'm forever having to zig and zag through the throng of zombies with their head down. Once, once I held my course but the woman just stopped in front of me, aware there was an obstruction and keyed her phone, perhaps expecting the obstruction, me, to move. After a second or so she looked up, mumbled sorry then went around.
    In my experience the best way to part the crowds is to steamroller through with a buggy/pram or have a rabid noisy dog on a long leash. Those definitely work!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    People that rudely walk into you when you’re trying to read your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    People that rudely walk into you when you’re trying to read your phone.
    It's only rude if you're on the toilet at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Whilst conducting my own trial of this, it makes little difference. I walk to Edinburgh Park/South Gyle from Corstorphine most days and I'm forever having to zig and zag through the throng of zombies with their head down. Once, once I held my course but the woman just stopped in front of me, aware there was an obstruction and keyed her phone, perhaps expecting the obstruction, me, to move. After a second or so she looked up, mumbled sorry then went around.
    In my experience the best way to part the crowds is to steamroller through with a buggy/pram or have a rabid noisy dog on a long leash. Those definitely work!
    I'm hatching a plan involving an air horn now.