Page 175 of 427 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 12804

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A ball cap? Is that like an Arab strap?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Naw, it's what you get for representing Scotland at a posh dance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Those buggers with a duff headlight on their car, instead of getting a new bulb and replacing it, they just stick their only working one on full beam! Throbbers!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    despite raining 2/3 of the year having to water the garden so the plants don't die.

When was the last time it actually rained?

Grass that refuses to grow on a cultivated lawn but manages to muscle it's way through a concrete or tar macadam path.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Working nights at this time of year. My neighbour on the left has recently retired and is a keen gardener, meaning he’s out with the lawn mower most mornings early doors. The neighbour on the right is having her garden completely slabbed. The noise is absolutely deafening and there nothing you can do about it. Add that to the fact that it’s too warm to sleep, it makes for a very irritable lord bunberry.
    absolutely. I also work shifts. brutal. my neighbour has a rat dog that barks all day.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    absolutely. I also work shifts. brutal. my neighbour has a rat dog that barks all day.

I'm permanent night shift and my housing scheme is still building site.

Blog Entries
    Wearing sneakers, trainers, old gym shoes with a dress suit. Trendy (?) it might seem to be, but I think it looks naff and says to me “I’m wearing a suit but I don’t really want to, so these bad boys are my protest.” Well why not ditch the suit and enjoy wearing your comfortable trainers, sneakers etc. with jeans or casual trousers. A nice suit deserves a nice pair of appropriate dress shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Wearing sneakers, trainers, old gym shoes with a dress suit. Trendy (?) it might seem to be, but I think it looks naff and says to me “I’m wearing a suit but I don’t really want to, so these bad boys are my protest.” Well why not ditch the suit and enjoy wearing your comfortable trainers, sneakers etc. with jeans or casual trousers. A nice suit deserves a nice pair of appropriate dress shoes.
    Paul McCartney started that in the sixties. Rab C Nesbitt did it later.
    It's a bit played now but anything goes I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Paul McCartney started that in the sixties. Rab C Nesbitt did it later.
    It's a bit played now but anything goes I suppose.
    Surely it's entirely up to the individual what they wear.
    If you want to look like a wally then fill your boots - or sneakers in this case.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Where do you stand on doing it for commuting. I.e i used to wear comfy trainers when walking to work and put my normal shoes on when i got there. Walking in my work shoes could be uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Where do you stand on doing it for commuting. I.e i used to wear comfy trainers when walking to work and put my normal shoes on when i got there. Walking in my work shoes could be uncomfortable
    Aye but once they "break in" it's worth it

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Why are some people overly concerned at how other people dress? Having been the trampy kid at school it's always been a peeve of mine that some people are so shallow that they think the clothes that someone wears makes the person. If that were the case, then the fashion industry would surely use ugly fat models to prove the point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People, usually the self proclaimed good looking, who sit on a night out just looking thoroughly miserable. If you don't like where you are then stop going, if you do like it then try telling your face.
    Irony 😁

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I’ve no problems with what folk wear for practical purposes. My post was about folk making a ‘Fashion statement’ out of a naff, unconventional combination of clothes and footwear, in particular dress suits and white trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Why are some people overly concerned at how other people dress? Having been the trampy kid at school it's always been a peeve of mine that some people are so shallow that they think the clothes that someone wears makes the person. If that were the case, then the fashion industry would surely use ugly fat models to prove the point.
    For a start I’m not ‘overly concerned’ ....... just making a random observation of something, which to me is odd. There’s a difference between wearing what you have available or out of necessity or just bad dress sense and wearing odd clothes combinations for effect. If we’re talking ‘shallowness’ maybe it’s the ‘trend setters’ who are the shallow ones. Sorry if I’ve offended you, personally. Opinions, eh?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post

Have you tried placing his dog in your garden to see how your neighbour likes it?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

I'm not keen on the new Royal Infirmary entrance, especially the shopping mall that greets the visitor to Outpatients. There's a huge queue at the coffee place, caused by the barista-type coffee machine cranking out lattes,cappuccinos etc plus food. Some folk are on lunch break for heavens sake.
    What happened to the good old hospital canteen where there was plenty space, simple fare and you didn't have to wait while someone gets a fancy coffee that they think they need?

Blog Entries
    I'm not keen on the new Royal Infirmary entrance, especially the shopping mall that greets the visitor to Outpatients. There's a huge queue at the coffee place, caused by the barista-type coffee machine cranking out lattes,cappuccinos etc plus food. Some folk are on lunch break for heavens sake.
    What happened to the good old hospital canteen where there was plenty space, simple fare and you didn't have to wait while someone gets a fancy coffee that they think they need?
    Same problem at my golf club. One barman takes about 10 minutes to make up 4 coffees with a queue of half a dozen who are wanting cold drinks which take seconds to serve.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I’ve no problems with what folk wear for practical purposes. My post was about folk making a ‘Fashion statement’ out of a naff, unconventional combination of clothes and footwear, in particular dress suits and white trainers.

For a start I’m not ‘overly concerned’ ....... just making a random observation of something, which to me is odd. There’s a difference between wearing what you have available or out of necessity or just bad dress sense and wearing odd clothes combinations for effect. If we’re talking ‘shallowness’ maybe it’s the ‘trend setters’ who are the shallow ones. Sorry if I’ve offended you, personally. Opinions, eh?

I didn't quote anyone Jim, it's just a peeve of mine and I wasn't offended by any statements made on here. I just completely hate the fashion industry and all its woman hating gurus who feel the need to tell people what they should be wearing. Like I said before, if clothes make the person like they'd have you believe, then the models they use would be ordinary people at best. It's all a huge con.

Left by mutual consent!
    Forgetting to take the shopping bag to the supermarket therefore having to buy another one and adding it to the collection that numbers 1000000 by now.

There is is a hospital canteen at the new ERI, it’s about 30 feet along the corridor from the shopping mall area

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    There is is a hospital canteen at the new ERI, it’s about 30 feet along the corridor from the shopping mall area
    Aye I've been in it but it doesn't feel like the canteens of yore. It's called The Place To Eat or some such.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Forgetting to take the shopping bag to the supermarket therefore having to buy another one and adding it to the collection that numbers 1000000 by now.

I got so peed off at this the other week that I deliberately ripped one to have an excuse to bin it.

Called RBS to renew travel insurance. Pre-recorded messages for at least 5 minutes before I eventually got to speak to a human.
    The neighbours must have heard me effin and blinding at my phone during the wait. -> ->
    Bloody ridiculous - but alas, it's the norm nowadays.

Not a peeve really but why do vapers smoke fruity and aromatic flavours?
    Being an ex-smoker I think I'd want my vaping smoke to taste and smell of, well, tobacco!
    I suppose the nicotine is the main thing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

I got so peed off at this the other week that I deliberately ripped one to have an excuse to bin it.

That is just weird!

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    That is just weird!
    Well it had a small tear in it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Well it had a small tear in it.....
    Your story would bring a tear to a gash buy.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Your story would bring a tear to a gash buy.
    Booooooooo

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Another pet peeve of mine...when you're out for the day with your partner and having stopped by a nice wee hostelry for a drink and a smoke in the designated smoking area you receive a volley of unprovoked abuse from a younger person because they don't smoke.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Another pet peeve of mine...when you're out for the day with your partner and having stopped by a nice wee hostelry for a drink and a smoke in the designated smoking area you receive a volley of unprovoked abuse from a younger person because they don't smoke.
    Popcorn at the ready! :-)