hibs.net Messageboard

Page 185 of 425 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 12722

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Avid (being kind) Posters on the world cup thread , posting constant drivel. On and on it goes, get a ****ing life.
    Loosely related to what you're talking about but in the real world and not on an internet forum, people with no interest in the world cup who try to make conversation about it.

I am frequently being asked "who won the football?...." "oh did they?"......."are they good then?"...."who do you think will win now?"...."are they in Englands group?"

I can see the answers to any questions are being forgotten by the time i've finished answering them as they simply don't care but feel the need to fill a silence with inane drivel. It's bad enough when it's in between matches but when it's during matches it's even worse. "who are the team in the yellow?"......"so if they lose are they out?"......"what happens if it's a draw?"

You don't care, i enjoy silences, please stop asking boring questions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The phrase "the absolute state of..."

**** off.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

**** off.

That and "what the actual" and "asking for a friend"

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    People asking if SJM will be cup tied if he plays for us in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I'm going to keep mentioning "oh my days" until it ceases to be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    When i was a childminder this was my biggest bugbear. Council vans were the worst. I often phoned the police or council about it. The drivers couldnt give a toss that i was having to take a buggy and young walkers on the main road to get round their vans. If it was a car i used to push the buggy through the space and hit the mirrors or scratch the car deliberately. I had many an argument with irate owners..
    Perhaps the council workers who parked the vans are working in an area where there is no other option but to park on the pavement? Probably having to go back and forward to the van to get tools whilst on the job? Do you want them to park 5 minutes up the street instead? You can phone their bosses and explain why the job is no longer going to be finished on time.

Although I'm sure the workers that usually deal with irate tenants and filthy houses really appreciated you phoning the police on them whilst they're trying to do their job.
    Last edited by SaulGoodman; 10-07-2018 at 04:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Perhaps the council workers who parked the vans are working in an area where there is no other option but to park on the pavement? Probably having to go back and forward to the van to get tools whilst on the job? Do you want them to park 5 minutes up the street instead? You can phone their bosses and explain why the job is no longer going to be finished on time.

Although I'm sure the workers that usually deal with irate tenants and filthy houses really appreciated you phoning the police on them whilst they're trying to do their job.
    That's a bit harsh, there's no excuse for both parking on a pavement (where it's not allowed) and for obstructing a footpath forcing vulnerable users to deviate on to the road.

Do you work for the council and irresponsibly park your council van on pavements while on a job?

Do you work for the council and irresponsibly park your council van on pavements while on a job?
    Yes how did you know

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    That's a bit harsh, there's no excuse for both parking on a pavement (where it's not allowed) and for obstructing a footpath forcing vulnerable users to deviate on to the road.
    It was half tongue in cheek, I understand if someone has parked up and is blocking the whole pavement but sometimes we have no choice but to bump up on the kerb a bit.

@hibs.net private member
    Noticed on Facebook and twitter and that recently that the “shut the” part of STFU has been removed and now it’s merely “**** up”.

Not a fan.

@hibs.net private member

Perhaps they are not. Its a massive wide road you can get two cars as well as having a parked car on it. Still ill think again if you think its safer to take a buggy and toddlers on the main road to get round them.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Noticed on Facebook and twitter and that recently that the “shut the” part of STFU has been removed and now it’s merely “**** up”.

Not a fan.

The english language is going to be full of abbreviations in the future, no proper words just phrases like what the actual and i literally... Young ones today will be terrible writer in the future.

Perhaps they are not. Its a massive wide road you can get two cars as well as having a parked car on it. Still ill think again if you think its safer to take a buggy and toddlers on the main road to get round them.
    Of course taking them on a main road wouldn't be safe.

Therefore, I'd recommend either climbing over said van, or crawling under it if you want more of an adventure.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    The english language is going to be full of abbreviations in the future, no proper words just phrases like what the actual and i literally... Young ones today will be terrible writer in the future.
    The English language is in a constant state of evolution and has been for hundreds of years. Younger generations modifying the language is nothing new, if it was we'd all still be speaking like characters from Shakespeare

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar

**** off.
    Tend to agree, however having just read the 'England Semi' thread it seems appropriate in that instance !!

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Tend to agree, however having just read the 'England Semi' thread it seems appropriate in that instance !!
    I'm in England just now and there are plenty of semis going about, thankfully I'll be back over the border by 5.

@hibs.net private member
    Of course taking them on a main road wouldn't be safe.

Therefore, I'd recommend either climbing over said van, or crawling under it if you want more of an adventure.
    With a double buggy and a couple of toddlers sounds fun. Care commission would make me risk assess it first. Too much hassle. Far easier phoning to get them shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    The English language is in a constant state of evolution and has been for hundreds of years. Younger generations modifying the language is nothing new, if it was we'd all still be speaking like characters from Shakespeare
    Fair point. I think I'd rather go back to Shakespearean speak than the attempts at conversation the younguns have today though.

God I feel old now.

With a double buggy and a couple of toddlers sounds fun. Care commission would make me risk assess it first. Too much hassle. Far easier phoning to get them shifted.
    The toddlers would love to explore the underside of a 2006 plate van, you can point out all the holes and then explain how rust happens, it'll be smashing fun.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Not being able to turn right coming out of the tip at Seafield. Hopefully just a temporary measure....better be

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Not being able to turn right coming out of the tip at Seafield. Hopefully just a temporary measure....better be

Driving pet peeve thread?

Post count not going up when I post in the dug out. Why is that?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Driving pet peeve thread?
    Nah, cooncil peeve.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Post count not going up when I post in the dug out. Why is that?
    Apologies for interrupting an otherwise excellent thread about moaning, but here's the actual factual answer:

It was to stop folk racking up huge post counts back in the day when they counted towards something or other (maybe even just counted towards credibility before folk like me came along and blew that theory out of the water), by posting loads on the song title threads etc (or pet peeves!).

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Being called bitter and jealous whilst taking pleasure in the England football team's world cup demise. When Scotland get it tight it's banter but when they get some of their own medicine rammed down their throats it's vindictive because we hate them. Dry yer eyes.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Being called bitter and jealous whilst taking pleasure in the England football team's world cup demise. When Scotland get it tight it's banter but when they get some of their own medicine rammed down their throats it's vindictive because we hate them. Dry yer eyes.

We all recognise what is banter and what isn’t.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 12-07-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Apologies for interrupting an otherwise excellent thread about moaning, but here's the actual factual answer:

It was to stop folk racking up huge post counts back in the day when they counted towards something or other (maybe even just counted towards credibility before folk like me came along and blew that theory out of the water), by posting loads on the song title threads etc (or pet peeves!).

Ah, ok. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Nah, cooncil peeve.

Wow.. you mean you're telling me my 4 figures worth of s*** posts have all been about Hibs/football??

Time to get a life

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Wow.. you mean you're telling me my 4 figures worth of s*** posts have all been about Hibs/football??

Time to get a life
    Quit while it's just 4 figures!!