hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193
Results 5,761 to 5,785 of 5785

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

  1. #5761
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    19,595
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if we decided that they do have a roof over their heads at night, the fact they choose to sit outside on the concrete begging for loose change makes me think they're in dire need for it - food, clothes, electricity - and don't have any better means to obtain money.

    Or have I missed your point?

    A lot of them are at it in the sense they have homes and take to the streets to beg as it can be very lucrative, they do it in shifts some of them and during the festival the tourists are duped into giving them any loose change. Some have nice haircuts, a fresh shave and decent gear on.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #5762
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,823
    People who have no sense of compassion or empathy, and who can't see past what they think is their own entitlement.


    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  4. #5763
    Searching for a hotel on Booking.com and you have to manually select the option to not see hotels that are fully booked and therefore not available.

  5. #5764
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,690
    Not knowing when to show empathy or compassion due to the massive amount of con artists in our midst. It really has got that bad that I am beginning to doubt every plea for help or donation.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  6. #5765
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,796
    People whose default setting, without any concrete evidence to prove it is merited, towards any other member of the human race is one of cynicism and mistrust

    Oh, and also when you go to a supermarket and all of the soft fruit, peaches, nectarines and apricots, are as hard as baseballs

  7. #5766
    Hooray Henry accent

  8. #5767
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People whose default setting, without any concrete evidence to prove it is merited, towards any other member of the human race is one of cynicism and mistrust

    Oh, and also when you go to a supermarket and all of the soft fruit, peaches, nectarines and apricots, are as hard as baseballs
    Or have finger or thumb dents in. Same with avocados.

  9. #5768
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not knowing when to show empathy or compassion due to the massive amount of con artists in our midst. It really has got that bad that I am beginning to doubt every plea for help or donation.
    I arrived at that conclusion years ago after meeting professional beggars and don't mention the registered charity owners without a charitable thought in their heads.

  10. #5769
    People that are "meh" towards things.

  11. #5770
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,171
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or have finger or thumb dents in. Same with avocados.
    That was me. Sorry!

  12. #5771
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,959
    I know itís the fashion just now, but shirts with the top button done with no tie on really nips my head.

    tie = top button done
    no tie = top button undone

  13. #5772
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People that are "meh" towards things.
    Really not fussed either way about that one.
    Mon the Hibs.

  14. #5773
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    19,595
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know itís the fashion just now, but shirts with the top button done with no tie on really nips my head.

    tie = top button done
    no tie = top button undone

    Polo shirts with the top button done up...

  15. #5774
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,260
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Polo shirts with the top button done up...
    Ill see you polo shirt with top button done up and raise you the polo shirts that are collar-less (seems to be a new fasion for Golfers) or the polo shirts that have buttons on the collar as well

  16. #5775
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really not fussed either way about that one.
    Which is how it should be said

  17. #5776
    Testimonial Due EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,914
    It's probably been brought up already, but the constant puns on this messageboard are really starting to bore me, I can't be the only person who immediately stops reading a thread that I found interesting the second someone makes a pun.

    No doubt someone will now make a pun about this. Hilarious.

  18. #5777
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    19,595
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's probably been brought up already, but the constant puns on this messageboard are really starting to bore me, I can't be the only person who immediately stops reading a thread that I found interesting the second someone makes a pun.

    No doubt someone will now make a pun about this. Hilarious.

    Agree, puns are crap and annoying when looking for genuine updates on threads.

  19. #5778
    @hibs.net private member Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    15,182
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    This trend of kids invading the pitch at a game to get a hug or selfie from their favourite players, where are the parents and are they being punished? I hope so.
    Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price. -Vince Lombardi

  20. #5779
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Polo shirts with the top button done up...

    Meant to add that in my post.... grinds my gears

  21. #5780
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,937
    The main board after we get beat. It's full of imposters with uber Hibs usernames like "Hibee 70 63 girfuy yam *******" spouting negative divisive pish about individual players.

    Take a look at the other boards and you'll see most of the posters have normal usernames relating to their name, location, job or another non hibs related characteristic. Why is it all the negative posters have uberhibs handles?

  22. #5781
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree, puns are crap and annoying when looking for genuine updates on threads.
    Surely not as bad as continual negative posts re Hibs? Sorry G :-)

  23. #5782
    First Team Regular Mixu62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    657
    Things that ruin my enjoyment of foods. Popcorn kernels, fish bones, tough bits of gristle in an otherwise nice steak, passionfruit pips. Why?! (I know, first world problems!)

  24. #5783
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,171
    People who talk in question marks? It's the language of the New Millennium? Y'know?

  25. #5784
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ill see you polo shirt with top button done up and raise you the polo shirts that are collar-less (seems to be a new fasion for Golfers) or the polo shirts that have buttons on the collar as well
    I'll throw in a short-sleeved white shirt as worn by coach drivers everywhere.

  26. #5785
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,690
    Trousers that are too short. They look absolutely ridiculous.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved