hibs.net Messageboard

Page 93 of 428 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Customers, or at least ignorant ones. Two of us were working in a guys house in east belfast for 9 hours today. 3 times he made himself what smelt like beautiful coffee and not once did we get offered a cup. In contrast to yesterday when the couple I was working for offered me tea 3 times before 1pm and the husband gave me £20 as I was leaving. Not surprisingly today's stingy bellend lived in a far nicer house compared to yesterday's generous people.
    Last edited by Mr White; 21-03-2017 at 07:18 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Doctor's receptionists that are nippy *******s when you phone up and ask a couple of questions.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The delay in movement of the cars at the front of the queue when traffic lights change to green.
    Especially coming from Eskbank at Sheriffhall Roundabout.
    About 4 to 5 cars get through per light change unless there's a dittery er$e at the front, then it's only 1 or 2.

Women swearing, I know its old fashioned but, it does my head in. Its horrible to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Women swearing, I know its old fashioned but, it does my head in. Its horrible to hear.
    Years ago two "ladies" were playing pool on the next table to myself and a workmate in a West Lothian village pub. One of them sank the black from the break and came out with a 21-gun-salute of expletives.
    Her pal came out with the never-to-be-forgotten line ..... "Shush, there's men in the bar."

The delay in movement of the cars at the front of the queue when traffic lights change to green.
    People who toot their horns at me at traffic lights.
    Don't they appreciate that it takes time for my passenger wife to notice, then say to me,"lights changed".
    I have to then reply, "what?, she then says in a louder voice, THE LIGHTS. I then have to take my reading glasses off, I was using to adjust the radio, put my driving glasses on, store the glasses case in the glove compartment, look at the lights and say, oh! So they have.
    Then comes the act of putting the car into gear, because it's not good for the clutch to sit in gear for too long. I then take the handbrake off because the Highway Code is quite clear that it should be activated when car is stationary.
    The window should then be rolled down to enable me to make the appropriate hand signals, then roll it back up when I remember that we don't do that any more. A quick glance in my rear view mirror, (Highway Code again), then put the hand brake back on as the lights have changed to red.
    It is quite obvious by this time that the timing off the lights are inadequate and need to be altered. I blame Sturgeon.
    As for the idiot behind me who obviously received a new horn for his birthday, well he should get out of bed earlier if he is in a hurry. I didn't fight in the war to be harassed like this, (actually I wasn't in the war because of my narcolepsy). But if I had been then I...err... I've forgotten what I was about to say, but it's not good enough, anyway. So let that be a lesson to you young man.
    Anyone like a mint?

Oh Yes!!! Infuriating

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    This isn't actually a pet peeve but the guy sat in front of me on the bus has just taken out his laptop, got all settled on it and is currently playing blockbusters as in Bob Holness on it hahaha

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Don't they appreciate that it takes time for my passenger wife to notice, then say to me,"lights changed".
    I have to then reply, "what?, she then says in a louder voice, THE LIGHTS. I then have to take my reading glasses off, I was using to adjust the radio, put my driving glasses on, store the glasses case in the glove compartment, look at the lights and say, oh! So they have.
    Then comes the act of putting the car into gear, because it's not good for the clutch to sit in gear for too long. I then take the handbrake off because the Highway Code is quite clear that it should be activated when car is stationary.
    The window should then be rolled down to enable me to make the appropriate hand signals, then roll it back up when I remember that we don't do that any more. A quick glance in my rear view mirror, (Highway Code again), then put the hand brake back on as the lights have changed to red.
    It is quite obvious by this time that the timing off the lights are inadequate and need to be altered. I blame Sturgeon.
    As for the idiot behind me who obviously received a new horn for his birthday, well he should get out of bed earlier if he is in a hurry. I didn't fight in the war to be harassed like this, (actually I wasn't in the war because of my narcolepsy). But if I had been then I...err... I've forgotten what I was about to say, but it's not good enough, anyway. So let that be a lesson to you young man.
    Anyone like a mint?
    :-)

I see what you done there.
    Subtle.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Anyone like a mint?
    Tea. Splutter. Keyboard.

Folk who talk loudly into the mobile on the bus. Even worse if they eff and blind in the process.

When did it become OK to carry on like that?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Folk who talk loudly into the mobile on the bus. Even worse if they eff and blind in the process.

When did it become OK to carry on like that?
    General "**** everyone else, so long as I'm OK" behavior.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Skoda Octavia drivers and not just the private hires...

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Skoda Octavia drivers and not just the private hires...
    WHIT? Does that include Octavia Scout drivers?

HIBS.net shocker!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    WHIT? Does that include Octavia Scout drivers?

HIBS.net shocker!
    Depends whether you are a driver that plays dodgems on roundabouts....yes if you do.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Thread titles that try and rope you in instead of telling you what it's about.
    e.g. "You'll never guess what happened"

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Swearing in the office irks me.

I'm no saint and I do swear myself, but I don't think its appropriate in an office environment.
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derekHFC View Post

I'm no saint and I do swear myself, but I don't think its appropriate in an office environment.
    Should hear my manager, every second word is a sweary one! And I work in an office.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derekHFC View Post

You wouldn't have liked to have been around me today in that case. Luckily I only swear in English so my colleagues don't understand - although I'm sure they get the gist.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You wouldn't have liked to have been around me today in that case. Luckily I only swear in English so my colleagues don't understand - although I'm sure they get the gist.
    https://youtu.be/qJMqdTr7IQM

I'll bet they have a rough idea 😀

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    When you've almost finished a long post to reply to someone on here and your mobile freezes and you have to reboot it losing everything in the temporary memory.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Sitting behind someone in the outside lane taking forever to pass someone, then when you try to pass them they speed up.

People who love to give everyone a title and call them by it rather than just their name, Americans seem particularly bad for this.

Chef Smith
    Coach Peterson
    Speaker Ryan
    Warden Jones
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who love to give everyone a title and call them by it rather than just their name, Americans seem particularly bad for this.

Chef Smith
    Coach Peterson
    Speaker Ryan
    Warden Jones
    Someone once complained about a colleague as they used to be a Sir but were now a Lord and my colleague had called them Sir, this wasn't some upper class person either, was a so called self made man

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who ask you if you know who they are.

Or my all time favourite "you don't realise who you are dealing with"
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 25-03-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Like daft twats going on about the bigger circles they move in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Like daft twats going on about the bigger circles they move in.
    I'd like to laugh but if my ST doesn't work at ER today then it won't seem so funny.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Someone once complained about a colleague as they used to be a Sir but were now a Lord and my colleague had called them Sir, this wasn't some upper class person either, was a so called self made man
    Remember hearing about a captain of a golf club going raj as a junior member referred to him by his name.

You just knew they weren't going to be happy until it got violent so I'd tell them to get out of my taxi and a walk in the fresh air might refresh their memory. Even better when it was horrible weather.