hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Craig will go back to the Premiership and likely have a pretty decent Season without the weight of unrealistic expectation that was placed on him at times with Hibs, wouldn't be surprised to see him at St Johnstone, Dundee or maybe Motherwell
    The unreal expectation of not being relegated

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    He came to us with this reputation of being a goalscoring midfielder however Fenlon insisted on playing him in the wrong position and his performances were not great.
    Coupled with the fact that he was our captain when we were relegated also meant that some of the fans would never forgive him.
    To an extent he did redeem himself this season however not as much as the likes of Robertson, Stevenson etc. - probably down to lack of game time.
    Anyway he was a good pro for us and I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.
    Was it not more butcher that played him out of position? I remember Craig being in a fairly attacking role under Fenlon, but then Butcher decided he was a sitting midfielder.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A fine ambassador for the club in his off the field captains role, and always conducted himself well. Things did not pan out in the way both parties would have hoped, and this is probably the best decision for both. This happens on a regular basis in football, and Liam Craig will find a club where his place in the squad is a more comfortable fit without too much trouble given his talent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It's something that's cast up regularly - so how many bookings did he get for dissent?

I wish we had more players that tried to influence referees.
    Anyone?

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Anyone?
    I would certainly appreciate a player like that, that was one thing that Liam did really well, fight for our corner against the ref when few else would.

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar
    100% agree. I like to see us moaning at the ref about genuine issues. Liam was good at moaning.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Anyone?
    I can only find the booking he got, 7 two season ago and 7 the season just past, (league only) cannot find details of what each was for. I don't think, from memory that he got booked for dissent once. He liked a wee shout at the ref, but I don't remember him getting booked for doing so. As ever, I may well be wrong.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    I can only find the booking he got, 7 two season ago and 7 the season just past, (league only) cannot find details of what each was for. I don't think, from memory that he got booked for dissent once. He liked a wee shout at the ref, but I don't remember him getting booked for doing so. As ever, I may well be wrong.
    Cheers mate - some folk make it sound a lot worse. Almost as if he was booked for dissent every week.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    He defo picked up a couple of yellows for dissent in his time with us, not sure how many though and won't be as many as some think. He defo liked a moan, however I'm the exact same on the pitch so I can't really criticise him

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Cheers mate - some folk make it sound a lot worse. Almost as if he was booked for dissent every week.
    Yeah, I don't get that either. He was mouthy but certainly no the worst in this league. Every booking I remember was for bad tackles, or in a couple of cases bad refereeing and decent tackles

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.