hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 233 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A utd supporting mate tells me that chairman wants out but has big loans to pay before he can do so. Unbelievably there are questions about stability of their future financially. My mate doubts utd will pay a fee for any signing.

if he has big loans to pay then surely he would be silly building up even more debt by investing in a Australian club that's just went in to administration http://www.theguardian.com/football/...e-jets-takeove

“Whether or not I pursue opportunities in Australia, I clearly have a major emotional tie here ... I want to make it clear that my priority first and foremost is to Dundee United as chairman and a supporter of the club.”

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster BoltonHibernian's Avatar
    Not a huge fan of Stevenson but thought Eckersley was honking when I saw him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibernian View Post
    Not a huge fan of Stevenson but thought Eckersley was honking when I saw him this season.
    Yup so did I.. Amazing how opinions differ on here.. (not saying mine is Right and if he joins he will get my full backing)

Promising Youngster BoltonHibernian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Yup so did I.. Amazing how opinions differ on here.. (not saying mine is Right and if he joins he will get my full backing)
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Forster to Hearts?
    Been mentioned on another thread With Fontaine not resigned I can't see Foster being allowed to go anywhere unless we have a replacement lined up We were struggling for Defenders towards the end of the season and Gray has been sidelined a lot so we need a quality defender that can cover a few positions Think when Stubbs had to bring him back in he found out how good a player he could be and he is still young

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Fail to see how Eckersely is at all an improvement on Stevenson so wouldnt understand signing him if this was true.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think the eckersley rumour has grown arms and legs from a poster on the pm board asking if anyone had heard anything.

Fwiw Stevenson has done well this season as a wing back but I'd like us to start playing with conventional defensive full backs and have wingers ahead of them to do the attacking, in previous seasons Stevenson has been suspect playing in that position, if Stubbs is on the look out for a no frills, solid full back I'll be quite happy.

@hibs.net private member
    Forster to Hearts?
    We are already short on central defenders, so don't see us letting another one go.

Blog Entries
    Forster to Hearts?
    Yams will not pay a fee for anyone, that rules Forster out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    It's prob rubbish then mate. I'll ask more but all I got was Utd were looking at him.
    As always appreciate ur info TC...they may well be lookingbut doubt they would meet Hibs valuation

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Been mentioned on another thread With Fontaine not resigned I can't see Foster being allowed to go anywhere unless we have a replacement lined up We were struggling for Defenders towards the end of the season and Gray has been sidelined a lot so we need a quality defender that can cover a few positions Think when Stubbs had to bring him back in he found out how good a player he could be and he is still young
    If rumours are to be believed Fontaine has signed a 2 year deal?? Tho still dont see Forster being allowedto leave

Andy Halliday is out of contract are Bradford, at 23, he's the kind of player I suspect we will be considering.

@hibs.net private member
    The Hibs Paige facebook group just posted Fontaines extension to be announced shortly anyone else heard this?

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    Andy Halliday is out of contract are Bradford, at 23, he's the kind of player I suspect we will be considering.

Halliday defo has the pace we need anyway.

Very good pals with Scott Allan, could see a potential in this one

Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    Halliday defo has the pace we need anyway.

Very good pals with Scott Allan, could see a potential in this one
    Pace seems to be a priority. I think him or someone like him may well happen.

Pace seems to be a priority. I think this one may happen.
    Why's he been binned by Bradford?

Is there any suggestion we're actually after him or is it just putting two and two together?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Scott Allan on his A-Z on YouTube says Andy is his best friend in football. So could be a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Why's he been binned by Bradford?

Is there any suggestion we're actually after him or is it just putting two and two together?
    His contract is up - according to the press he wants to come home to Scotland. When he signed I suspect it was to get first team experience - http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/f...-signs-8498815
    Last edited by McIntosh; 01-06-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Daniel Carmichael?

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    His contract is up - according to the press he wants to come home to Scotland.
    His agent (also Allan's) was at ibrox the other day. Not sure who else he represents.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post
    His agent (also Allan's) was at ibrox the other day. Not sure who else he represents.
    There may be something in this. He seems a capable player - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlfvUSjYFzA Go to 1.46

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Source -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    My yam mate, who to be fair is the most sensible out of the yams I know, really rates Eckersley and says he would be pretty gutted if he signed for us. I personally only remember him for his comical own goal at Parkhead and his retrospective red against us. My mate has a good eye for a player though and definitely rates him. I would say there is zero chance of Cummings moving to DUFC. We would want about £500,000 for him(not that we would be looking to sell him). DUFC won't pay any transfer fee for anyone I don't think.
    We'd be mad to sell Forster to Hearts. Hopefully that's just nonsense as well

Left by mutual consent!
    John Sutton and Lee McCulloch

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    I think the eckersley rumour has grown arms and legs from a poster on the pm board asking if anyone had heard anything.

Fwiw Stevenson has done well this season as a wing back but I'd like us to start playing with conventional defensive full backs and have wingers ahead of them to do the attacking, in previous seasons Stevenson has been suspect playing in that position, if Stubbs is on the look out for a no frills, solid full back I'll be quite happy.
    Think it began to grew arms and legs due to that Gillies guy then posting what I had asked as a "breaking rumour" on his facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    My yam mate, who to be fair is the most sensible out of the yams I know, really rates Eckersley and says he would be pretty gutted if he signed for us. I personally only remember him for his comical own goal at Parkhead and his retrospective red against us. My mate has a good eye for a player though and definitely rates him. I would say there is zero chance of Cummings moving to DUFC. We would want about £500,000 for him(not that we would be looking to sell him). DUFC won't pay any transfer fee for anyone I don't think.
    We'd be mad to sell Forster to Hearts. Hopefully that's just nonsense as well
    I've got a couple of hearts supporting mates as well and they say the same, they really like him and Dissapointed they've not signed him up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    John Sutton and Lee McCulloch
    Would sign Jason Holt in a second - very good player in my opinion. The agents will be touting them. I can't see Holt or Halliday going to Ibrox - I suspect Rangers will want or need a spectacular signing but I may well be wrong.
    Last edited by McIntosh; 01-06-2015 at 08:38 PM.

I've got a couple of hearts supporting mates as well and they say the same, they really like him and Dissapointed they've not signed him up again.
    Funny - as my mate (Jambo) reacted similarly when I suggested he was pish. They'll have seen more of him than us right enough... but they're also Jambos.

As per - I'll trust Stubbs' judgement and back whoever he brings in.

Scott Allan staying put would make the transfer window for me though.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibernian View Post
    Obviously didn't see much of Lewis either last season

Wen Exkersley and Keatings were announced as leaving Hearts some time back, all Hearts fans I know (more than 15 sadly) were not happy and still rate both of these guys. Exkersley would bring us a bit of bite as he is a bit of a hard b*****d and can at least give us a difference by crossing a decent ball from the left. Can play left midfield also and seeing as we have let Craig go we need left footed players. I would take him. Hearing also Carmichael from QOS linked with us.

no news on McGeouch?