hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are sort of making up for lost time tbh Ronnie. Missed so many family events in that 18 year period. It's not going to stop me going to games I just can't justify a ST at this moment in time.
    Maybe shares is a better option?

Obviously it just seems to me that that is the case. Not saying that is what you should do or anything just that it seems a good choice given your predicament.

Hibees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

We are sort of making up for lost time tbh Ronnie. Missed so many family events in that 18 year period. It's not going to stop me going to games I just can't justify a ST at this moment in time.
    Been there as well ,you can only do what you can do as Family is important .Took the day off yesterday and me and my daughter went Munro bagging Horrendous weather but precious time spent doing something we have in common .All the years I spend working long hours to get promotion etc was at expense of spending quality time with the kids ,so nice to make up for some of that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Maybe shares is a better option? Obviously it just seems to me that that is the case. Not saying that is what you should do or anything just that it seems a good choice given your predicament. Hibees Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spookily enough I have been looking into that.

Will not stop me going to games just be walk up on the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Been there as well ,you can only do what you can do as Family is important .Took the day off yesterday and me and my daughter went Munro bagging Horrendous weather but precious time spent doing something we have in common .All the years I spend working long hours to get promotion etc was at expense of spending quality time with the kids ,so nice to make up for some of that now.
    Indeed Ronnie. At 11 and coming up 6 I feel I have missed loads so yeah family is very important. Unfortunately eldest daughter doesn't like football (for now) but will just have to 'mix it up' and hopefully manage a few more games this coming season!

Indeed Ronnie. At 11 and coming up 6 I feel I have missed loads so yeah family is very important. Unfortunately eldest daughter doesn't like football (for now) but will just have to 'mix it up' and hopefully manage a few more games this coming season!
    Mine are 27 and. 26 my son was born on the same day we signed Andy goram ,got to the hospita
    late as wanted to see who the signing was Thankfully didn't miss the birthMy daughter goes to important games but didn't always so there is time yet .

Mine are 27 and. 26 jay son was born on the same day we signed Andy goram ,got to the hospita late as wanted to see who the signing was Thankfully didn't miss the birthMy daughter goes to important games but didn't always so there is time yet .
    Ha lucky man. I'm just grateful I'm in a position now to be home every night and at weekends.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Nice to wake up to the Ronnie and Aldo show😄

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Nice to wake up to the Ronnie and Aldo showdde04
    Na na!! Feeling left oot Billy. ;-)

Na na!! Feeling left oot Billy. ;-)
    Aye

Aye
    Sorry will involve you next time fella!! 😃

Aye
    You were too busy on yon other thread talking about your jambo mates and their view on why keatings and others got bumped is for singing after they won the leaugue

You were too busy on yon other thread talking about your jambo mates and their view on why keatings and others got bumped is for singing after they won the leaugue

He has Jambo Mates?

That's disgusting. Burn the Witch!!

Got the E Mail this morning. Just another indication of how hard the club are working and once again there's no patronising rubbish to go with it as far as the ST campaign goes, just a well put together advert.

It was nice that LD mentioned the end of the play off game too. I don't think I have seen anything like that either, with the applause starting a good few minutes before the final whistle ..... a sure sign that there is more of a bond between this team and us.

This is a club worthy of our support

I would urge anyone who is sitting on the fence to get back to ER next season.

This season has been a much more enjoyable experience at ER and it's been good watching a team which the fans feel more connected with.

What I do find frustrating is that we should be around the 10k + mark for season tickets but the last few years missed opportunities have seriously cost us fans and revenue.

The fans have been amazing through these bad times and many other clubs crowds would have dropped further.

Would be interested to see the figures for season ticket holders over the last 10 years.

Ronnie, this is Edinburgh, Hibs and hearts fans mix well, unlike the west😄

Renewing tomorrow.

It feels weird having such a good feeling and buzz going about the club just now. Something I have never witnessed in all my years supporting Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by Teo10 View Post
    Renewing tomorrow.

It feels weird having such a good feeling and buzz going about the club just now. Something I have never witnessed in all my years supporting Hibs!
    I remember when we signed Kevin McAllister I felt like this. We already had a decent team and we were signing the best player from a team in the same league who had looked good every time we'd played them.

This is the most positive I think I've been since then, although I got strangely worked up when we signed Stephen Glass.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We have an opportunity to give Stubbs the means to go and build a team that can challenge for the title and attract crowds to Easter Road. He's already done a good job on a small(ish) budget, I think we should give him the opportunity to show what he can do with better players.

We want the club to hold on to it's best talent - we have seen stories of Rangers (and Celtc) sniffing around Scott Allan, we can give Stubbs the money to keep Scott Allan and build a team around him.

Season ticket sales and HSL subs all go straight to Stubbs. STF and Petrie don't touch it, it's all cash to build the team.

We can get the team we want, we can keep the players we want to keep, IF we give the club the means to do it.

I'd encourage anyone that hasn't signed up to HSL or bought a season ticket to do so if it's at all possible. Every subscription and every season ticket is significant, and every one makes us stronger.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    I live down south so not feasible to buy season ticket however I do try to get to as many games as I can. I do contribute evety month to HSL so I certainly feel like I do my bit.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by alexhibs View Post
    I live down south so not feasible to buy season ticket however I do try to get to as many games as I can. I do contribute evety month to HSL so I certainly feel like I do my bit.
    You definitely do mate.

@hibs.net private member
    Getting season tickets and HSL means the club can go after their targets with confidence.

Getting guys in early also means we are getting our first choice targets and not getting knocked back whilst players sign with competitors. We then aren't relying on our 3rd and 4th choices for a position. Shows how impressive the new set up is. This should show in the team next year

It would be interesting IMO to see some sort of detailed analysis of how days like yesterday affect ST sales both in the short and longer term, not just this week but in years gone by. For example, is there an immediate spike after the signing of a high profile player? To what extent and for how long? How significant are specific achievements such as Cup (league cup in our case!) wins or European qualification in terms of actual numbers? It would maybe be a bit 'Moneyball' and there's no exact science but it would surely assist in planning ahead and in justifying certain decisions. Maybe it's something the club already does behind the scenes...

I have FINALLY been able to change my shifts so will have every Saturday afternoon off. Now trying too talk the Mrs into spending £560 for season tickets for myself and my daughter. Will need to look at the finances tonight but it just might be do-able!!! Fingers crossed!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    I have FINALLY been able to change my shifts so will have every Saturday afternoon off. Now trying too talk the Mrs into spending £560 for season tickets for myself and my daughter. Will need to look at the finances tonight but it just might be do-able!!! Fingers crossed!!!
    If budget is an issue you would be much cheaper in the Famous Five lower - adult £335 and child either £25 or £85 depending on age.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets/season

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    If budget is an issue you would be much cheaper in the Famous Five lower - adult £335 and child either £25 or £85 depending on age.

And remember you can currently spread the cost of the season ticket over 4 months.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

“We are able to do this in no small part because of the contributions made by HSL. The £100,000 contributed so far and the certainty of another £150,000 over the next 12 months have made a real difference in my being able to commit expenditure on players.

"Supporters have asked for evidence of the impact they can directly have on our Club and this is tangible evidence of that impact.”

Great effort from the HSL members and season ticket holders!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    And remember you can currently spread the cost of the season ticket over 4 months.

Thanks. Will go over the figures tonight. Would love to get back watching Hibs regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo10 View Post
    Renewing tomorrow.

Eh? What sort of a Jonny come lately are you??

Many's the Derby (and indeed more or less every big game at ER) I had to queue for waaaay in advance under Mowbray. The same ideas as now, young manager, emphasis on keeping the ball on the deck, still prone to massive Hib-isms and shooting ourselves in the foot but for the most part a decent wedge more good than bad.

But all in the top flight. Next season

Left by mutual consent!
    Renewing mine on Friday!

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Im also renewing, just trying to get another couple on board first :)