hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

Champions League/Europa League now all on BT Sport

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/n...id=con_BTcomHP

Couldn't see this being discussed anywhere else but that's a massive loss for Sky! BT will now show ALL Champions League/Europa League games from next year - presumably meaning a loss to the ITV games as well and likely meaning the final.

That's a massive loss for Sky and I do wonder if people will now give thought to binning their exorbitant subscriptions, particularly north of the border. The Scottish Championship games last year were primarily BT Sport and they also own rights to some of the EPL games for those who are interested. Granted, if you want to watch any of the Scottish Premiership or La Liga games, these remain Sky-centric but otherwise, it's a lot of money compared to BT's package (which I presume will change accordingly in the coming months, as right now it's free to BT and Virgin customers!).

I get that Sky still offer an excellent package in their coverage of the Golf, F1, Tennis, NFL and cricket if you're interested in any of the above sports, but for the football fan BT Sport are certainly putting their best foot forward and achieving something the previous challengers in ESPN/Setanta could not.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

This is what drove the prices up for the EPL rights to silly amounts 6 months ago - couldnt afford to lose any more to BT

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what drove the prices up for the EPL rights to silly amounts 6 months ago - couldnt afford to lose any more to BT
    That is why you are now paying an extra £4.50 for your sky from this month onward as well. For less content.
    however I think you will have to pay extra for the European games on BT

Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is why you are now paying an extra £4.50 for your sky from this month onward as well. For less content.
    however I think you will have to pay extra for the European games on BT
    But they're televising more wimmins sport and soccer from the USofA.

Got to be worth a little bit extra.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Part of the deal in BT getting the champions league is that they have to show some of the games free to air I believe (to make up for the loss of games on ITV)