hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife's pals hubbie is a well fan. Happily informed me he detests Hibs and Celtc!! No reply when I asked him why those two in particular
    Sounds like a bigoted twat

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Sounds like a bigoted twat
    I always get strange looks when say I hate both the old firm inequal measures and indeed more than hearts. Especially now I stay on the west coast.. Maybe I am geographically bigoted

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    I always get strange looks when say I hate both the old firm inequal measures and indeed more than hearts. Especially now I stay on the west coast.. Maybe I am geographically bigoted
    There's plenty very good reasons for hating them both. Can't see why a Motherwell fan would feel the need to hate us, other than us playing in green-as others have alluded to

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Did they not take issue with us appointing Coco the Clown as manager? Didn't think that would still bother them but maybe it does.

Maybe they just remember all the pumpings we used to hand out up there.

Ahh the good old days.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Motherwell have a loyalist hardcore who may dislike Hibs, due to their west of Scotland baggage of prejudice, but that's their problem. Most matchgoing Mothewell fans don't seem to care.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Murrawell - a s***hole of a place. About as bad as Govan tbh.

Couldn't give a flying one if they don't like us as the feeling is mutual on my part. Only decent thing about them is their away stand is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    Couldn't give a flying one if they don't like us as the feeling is mutual on my part. Only decent thing about them is their away stand is decent.
    No it isn't! The rake of the top deck is far too shallow.

I sure hope they don't like us because I don't have much time for them. In all honesty, if today's game wasn't against Rangers we'd all be on here talking about how their support acted today. Hitting McCulloch with a flag pole and invading the pitch to goad the Rangers supporters in the away stand. All very Yamish behavior in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    When I made the mistake of joining that Pie and Bovril thing towards the end of last season Motherwell fans were just about the worst. They sided with the Yams every time against the few Hibees that were on it and wouldn't let it go either. I live next to a Motherwell fan who is just the same. So personally I've not got any time for them or their ****ty wee club, the only good thing is that they've beaten Sevco who I dislike even more. I left Pie and Bovril ages ago anyway. That's just how I feel though, obviously others have a different opinion.
    Apart from other reasons mentioned elsewhere on this thread ( green shirts and Irish roots principally ) Hearts and Motherwell are members of the admin club so have a lot in common there . What is full list of clubs who`ve used admin ? Hearts , Motherwell , Livi , Airdrie ( not sure if it`s still the same club ) , Dundee , ...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    "You're staying down with the hibees" being sung at the playoff match

I'm not precious but seems random

I used to work through there and never noticed any bad feeling toward us from Motherwell FC fans but usual problem with Sevcos living in the town. Met a few decent Steelmen in fact and at least they reject the glory hunting/sectarian hatred option.

Not particularly keen on Motherwell as a club either so any of them who dislike Hibs, the feeling's pretty mutual.

Plus, Fir Park is a *****hole.

Don't think they have anything specific against us, unless they hold a grudge over us nicking McLeish and Derek Townsley all those years ago.

I think the chant was more aimed at the current buns than us. Even if it was aimed at us then fair enough, if I was them I'd have a laugh at a bigger club in the division below. Nowt much else to sing about in Motherwell

@hibs.net private member
    We are a bigger club from a bigger much better town - I'd almost be insulted if they didn't hate us a bit!

The only dislike in my experience and knowledge as a 'Wellfan myself of dislike towards Hibs from us in to a build up, during and for maybe an hour or so after a meeting between the two clubs.

Now if you were to say do we dislike Rangers, Celtic or Hearts then for many all three would be a resounding yes.

As for the song, it was aimed at Rangers fans as it only mentioned Hibs because you lost to them a week before. If it was Hearts, Falkirk etc. they would have been the named club

My wife's pals hubbie is a well fan. Happily informed me he detests Hibs and Celtc!! No reply when I asked him why those two in particular
    I'm sure you can guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wellfan1984 View Post
    The only dislike in my experience and knowledge as a 'Wellfan myself of dislike towards Hibs from us in to a build up, during and for maybe an hour or so after a meeting between the two clubs.

Now if you were to say do we dislike Rangers, Celtic or Hearts then for many all three would be a resounding yes.

As for the song, it was aimed at Rangers fans as it only mentioned Hibs because you lost to them a week before. If it was Hearts, Falkirk etc. they would have been the named club
    Thank you for taking the trouble to come on here and explain that Wellfan. What pisses a lot of Hibs fans off, understandably, is probably that we beat Sevco 4 times, finished above them in the league, deservedly, and still didn't get to the final of the playoffs. Motherwell were clearly the far better team over the 2 legs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellfan1984 View Post

That's been the jist of most of the comments on here mate.

p.s. Well done on pumping TheRangers

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    I sure hope they don't like us because I don't have much time for them. In all honesty, if today's game wasn't against Rangers we'd all be on here talking about how their support acted today. Hitting McCulloch with a flag pole and invading the pitch to goad the Rangers supporters in the away stand. All very Yamish behavior in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I am not sure we can say with hand on heart that any of that couldnt have happened if we had beaten them a week last Saturday. Dont have any great issue with Motherwell fans indeed one of my best mates at college was a big Well fan and a cracking guy. The guy sadly passed away too young so have a bit of a soft spot for Well.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    The flag pole incident was surreal. In what kind of world does that happen?

The taunting of the away fans only happened cos it Sevco, surely.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Tell your wife she needs to get new pals.

Fir Park was the first Stadium I was ever thrown out of, so it holds fond memories for me

IIRC, the two police that manfully frogmarched me, a skinny 16 year old that weighed about nine stone, out of the ground said it was for "gesticulating at opposing Fans".

I had no idea what 'gesticulating' was and, TBH, it sounded quite rude
    Last edited by Keith_M; 01-06-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Regardless of us, their evident hatred of the Huns is admirable.
    ...fair to say, for 180 mins, most of their sins were forgivable in lieu of the fact the huns sins were far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    When I made the mistake of joining that Pie and Bovril thing towards the end of last season Motherwell fans were just about the worst. They sided with the Yams every time against the few Hibees that were on it and wouldn't let it go either. I live next to a Motherwell fan who is just the same. So personally I've not got any time for them or their ****ty wee club, the only good thing is that they've beaten Sevco who I dislike even more. I left Pie and Bovril ages ago anyway. That's just how I feel though, obviously others have a different opinion.
    True. Now they've skelped the huns, I return to my healthy dislike of the well.

Encountered their attitude both here and also once in Englandshire of all places (well fan in Englandshire furthering his career as a darts stall attendant on a seaside town pier ). Funny, if I was calling someone names and questioning their fitba team and their lack of balls owing to confrontations during the 1980's, I wouldnt then offer them three darts for a quid and keep my puss in the same post-code. Evidently he believed the stereotypes around Edinburgh punters all being from Morningside and had never been aqainted with a half Niddrie over the napper. Lucky wee **** there was none lying around either

Anyways, they'll get humped next season again. And be in the same position again, ideally as we go up past them and they get the huns in the playoff, assuming the huns are still solvent

@hibs.net private member
    **** ground, **** fans, but James McFadden though.

our first game after being promoted years ago was against motherwell, home stands were full so police told us to try the oppsite end, sat in the top tier behind Irvine Welsh of all people, and quite a few other Hibbies, had to put up with well fans saying "get into this green an white HIV 1st division *****" then Lehmann scored, we went mental and the police had to take us to the concourse at halftime before herding us into the already full east, happy days :)

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i remember a game at fir park in the late 70's/early 80's, hibs support either side of the motherwell support in that stand that runs the length of the pitch, the usual two polis men for segregation...then a dart lands on a hibby just a few yards from where we were standing, turned around to have a look and the dart was sticking in the guys head ffs...aye, a ****** dart, tossed by a motherwell fan, cowardly wee mutha, although i do enjoy the wee short drive to fir park though :)

A bit random but here's a classic Motherwell v Hibs game from the 70s.

Been linked to loads of time on here before but no harm in having another look.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Tam Ciwan supports them. He's an odious little **** at the best of times so **** off Motherwell.