hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the risk of sounding 'yam like', we are a far bigger and better club than Dundee, regardless of what leagues we may be in. Hopefully Boyle feels the same
    Your right though Hibs are a bigger club by a long long distance

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    His confidence was rising towards the end of the season and I thought he looked excellent. There's not too many players going about with that genuine pace. We should be doing all we can to get him here.
    Agree hope he stays as looks to have a great attitude and will only get better IMO. His performances near the end of the season were excellent especially when ripping Hearts in the derby.

His goal against Falkirk illustrated to me that he's improved even in the 4 or 5 months he's been here.
    How long have we been crying out for genuine pace, this guy has that and at this level, we should definitely snap him up.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Our 3-0 win at Falkirk showed how useful his pace can be. Their big slow central defenders couldn't deal with him running at them. I feel he could've made the difference in both the semi final and also both legs against Sevco.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGrandpa View Post
    He was offered a new contract at Dens months ago. Not sure why it's news now..

@hibs.net private member
    I was never a fan of Boyle until his games at the end of the season, against yams and Falkirk he was top drawer, he has real pace which scares defenders, and for me his whole game was starting to come together he was IMO looking more composed and more of an all round a good player, sometimes it does take players time to find their feet, im won over by Boyle I think he would be a good signing

Not quite sure how the 'development fees' operate but if Dundee want Harris permanently will they not need to pay a fee? If so I am more than happy to swap Boyle with Harris.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Not quite sure how the 'development fees' operate but if Dundee want Harris permanently will they not need to pay a fee? If so I am more than happy to swap Boyle with Harris.
    Its not a case of a development fee. Harris still has 2 years left on his contract.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    I think Dundee only have to offer Boyle a contract to trigger the development fee - it doesn't matter whether he accepts the deal or not. This is to stop clubs getting a development fee for a player they no longer want. Harris is still under contract so would command a fee/swap deal of some sort anyway. A lot will depend on the fee Dundee ask for Boyle as going to a tribunal is a bit of a lottery.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    I think Dundee only have to offer Boyle a contract to trigger the development fee - it doesn't matter whether he accepts the deal or not. This is to stop clubs getting a development fee for a player they no longer want. Harris is still under contract so would command a fee/swap deal of some sort anyway. A lot will depend on the fee Dundee ask for Boyle as going to a tribunal is a bit of a lottery.
    Dundee signed him from Montrose so there's no development fee involved in this case.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

What development fee are you talking about, he only signed for Dundee from Montrose in 2012

Blog Entries
    I thought Boyle was requiring an op that was going to sideline him for months? I'm assuming this can't be true if Dee are offering him a contract. Any update on his injury?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I thought Boyle was requiring an op that was going to sideline him for months? I'm assuming this can't be true if Dee are offering him a contract. Any update on his injury?
    Sure I saw him Tweet the other day saying he should be able to start training again in about 4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    He had op 2 weeks ago and is reporting that it went well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    What development fee are you talking about, he only signed for Dundee from Montrose in 2012

His age when joining Dundee and being under contract for 3 years at Dundee seem to be the trigger for a development fee.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    His age when joining Dundee and being under contract for 3 years at Dundee seem to be the trigger for a development fee.
    The development fee appears to be due to Montrose rather than Dundee -

training compensation shall be paid to a player’s training club(s): (1)
    when a player signs his first contract as a professional and (2) each
    time a professional is transferred until the end of the season of his
    23rd birthday. The obligation to pay training compensation arises
    whether the transfer takes place during or at the end of the player’s
    contract. The provisions concerning training compensation are set out
    in Annexe 4 of these regulations.

He was 19.5 years when he signed for Dundee.

That's is why Dees offered terms months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by BadGrandpa View Post
    Your right though Hibs are a bigger club by a long long distance
    At our level the only thing that matters is the wages we can pay. If we offer £1200 a week and Dundee offer £800 he will sign for us and vice versa.

This bigger club stuff won't come into it.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    At our level the only thing that matters is the wages we can pay. If we offer £1200 a week and Dundee offer £800 he will sign for us and vice versa.

Think it's clear the Stubbs Facor and the reputation he has gained to date in resurrecting careers of players who had gone down south and weren't playing for their clubs is a key factor in our favour.Also look at Season Stevenson has had .,Some players may well opt to come to a club perceived to be moving in the right direction and enhance their playing career which in turn could make them more money in future if they get a move to a bigger club So it may be that at present we don't have to pay more per week than other Clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Think it's clear the Stubbs Facor and the reputation he has gained to date in resurrecting careers of players who had gone down south and weren't playing for their clubs is a key factor in our favour.Also look at Season Stevenson has had .,Some players may well opt to come to a club perceived to be moving in the right direction and enhance their playing career which in turn could make them more money in future if they get a move to a bigger club So it may be that at present we don't have to pay more per week than other Clubs
    We are in the Championship. Players are not going to want to play in the second tier of Scottish football for less money than they would get in the top league.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

For someone like Boyle, who is young and no doubt dreaming of the big time, the coaching and facilities on offer at Hibs might be a factor.

We are in the Championship. Players are not going to want to play in the second tier of Scottish football for less money than they would get in the top league.
    You may be right ,I am just putting forward another factor that I consider to be influential at the present time and could be something that sways a player if wages weren't that far apart

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Agreed, but what league do they want to play in if the Championship team is offering more money than the top flight team?

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Agreed, but what league do they want to play in if the Championship team is offering more money than the top flight team?
    I would imagine for the vast majority of players (excluding those who have already made their money from the game) that they would sign for the team who pays them the most.

Thats why I mentioned being a bigger club than Dundee for example won't come into IMO.

It's not all about what league we are in, it's the vision Stubbs and LD have for the club and whether they as professionals wan't to be part of that vision.

@hibs.net private member
    We seen Boyle start to improve as the season went on. Maybe AS and coaching staff are getting the best from Boyle and he recognises this and would like to improve as a player. If this is taken into account by him and AS wants him, he will be here next season.
    I really hope Boyle is here next season because as we all seen there was a vast improvement in his play. I for one relish the thought of Boyle still improving and how far AS could take that in a whole season or two.

GGTTH

It's not all about what league we are in, it's the vision Stubbs and LD have for the club and whether they as professionals wan't to be part of that vision.
    Sure, the vision Stubbs and Dempster will be a something the players consider, but it won't matter a jot IMO if we offer a player £1000 a week and Premiership club offers £1500.

I think we would probably find out the cash in the players pocket is more important than the management of a clubs future vision.

Sure, the vision Stubbs and Dempster will be a something the players consider, but it won't matter a jot IMO if we offer a player £1000 a week and Premiership club offers £1500.

I think we would probably find out the cash in the players pocket is more important than the management of a clubs future vision.

I think we can still compete with nearly all the premier outfits apart from Aberdeen and Celtic, we'll still be one of the best payers in Scotland and are still the 5th best supported team.

I think we can still compete with nearly all the premier outfits apart from Aberdeen and Celtic, we'll still be one of the best payers in Scotland and are still the 5th best supported team.
    Hopefully