hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised by the signing of Keatings as, for me, he'd be behind Cummings, Malonga and Farid in the queue. Suspect he's taking Djedje's place in the squad which is fine but can't help but feel there might have been a better use of a first team wage - strikes me as needlessly opportunistic that we've just snapped up someone who's local and been released.
    I don't think he has been brought in to sit on the bench.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Strikes me as an opportunity to snap up a proven championship goal scorer to improve a team that struggled to put the ball in the net at times last season.
    He scored less goals than Cummings and Malonga. Hibs scored more goals than any other team apart from Hearts.

He scored less goals than Cummings and Malonga. Hibs scored more goals than any other team apart from Hearts.
    You've got to look at his goals to game time ratio rather than overall goals haul as he spent the majority of time on the bench. However all (informed) opinion is he's a very good player who will only improve under Stubbs.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    So what, he has a very good goals to game ratio and if you don't remember the games when we struggled to score I do. Stubbs thinks he improves the squad and so do I.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    You've got to look at his goals to game time ratio rather than overall goals haul as he spent the majority of time on the bench. However all (informed) opinion is he's a very good player who will only improve under Stubbs.
    Goals:Games

Cummings: 21 in 42 (0.5)

Malonga: 16 in 33 (0.48)

Keatings: 11 in 33 (0.33)

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt he's a good Championship striker. But there's only so many 'first team' salaries to go around and using another one on a striker just strikes me as a bit unneccessary. If there's budget for 4 first team strikers, that's great news!

@hibs.net private member
    Goals:Games Cummings: 21 in 42 (0.5) Malonga: 16 in 33 (0.48) Keatings: 11 in 33 (0.33) Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt he's a good Championship striker. But there's only so many 'first team' salaries to go around and using another one on a striker just strikes me as a bit unneccessary. If there's budget for 4 first team strikers, that's great news!

Game time ratio = time on pitch

Half of his 33 appearances were as sub

Think if somebody has the ability to work out minutes to goals Keatings will be very near the top

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt he's a good Championship striker. But there's only so many 'first team' salaries to go around and using another one on a striker just strikes me as a bit unneccessary. If there's budget for 4 first team strikers, that's great news!

Keatings made 29 appearances for Hearts... 15 starts and 14 from the bench. Now I don't know how many mins he has played overall but let's say he came on at half time in every one of those sub appearances, (which he wouldn't have as it would be maybe 65th -75th min a sub is used), that would be 22 full games in total. So being very generous with his time on the pitch he has scored every second game. Now that is more than decent.

Coaching Staff

We've got them all just now so good news.

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post

Think if somebody has the ability to work out minutes to goals Keatings will be very near the top
    Keatings will offer you something different.
    not as good a finisher as cummings but works much harder and holds ball up well and spreads play quickly.
    can work from the wings and just behind striker.
    Much more mobile than malonga wuth pace to burn.
    certainly will change the final third pace that you attack as I think hibs were fairly laborious in final third last season.
    good guy to have around dressing room too so all in all a good addition. My only criticism is if things not going his way on park could get selfish and starts shooting from 25 yards every time he gets ball.
    good all round player who fans will love for his effort if nothing else.
    Very one footed too.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    Keatings will offer you something different. not as good a finisher as cummings but works much harder and holds ball up well and spreads play quickly. can work from the wings and just behind striker. Much more mobile than malonga wuth pace to burn. certainly will change the final third pace that you attack as I think hibs were fairly laborious in final third last season. good guy to have around dressing room too so all in all a good addition. My only criticism is if things not going his way on park could get selfish and starts shooting from 25 yards every time he gets ball. good all round player who fans will love for his effort if nothing else. Very one footed too.
    Delighted to hear he has pace as we have sadly lacked that up front apart from when Boyle played there and as far as I could see Boyle was far more effective out wide

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post

James Keatings 132 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james.../plus/1#gesamt

Dominique Malonga 136 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/domin.../plus/1#gesamt

Jason Cummings 123 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jason.../plus/1#gesamt

Those are for League games only....click the links if you want more detailed stats.

Top site btw!

Messi is 78 mins per goal in case you were wondering
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 02-06-2015 at 07:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    James Keatings 132 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james.../plus/1#gesamt Dominique Malonga 136 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/domin.../plus/1#gesamt Jason Cummings 123 mins per goal http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jason.../plus/1#gesamt Those are for League games only....click the links if you want more detailed stats. Top site btw! Messi is 78 mins per goal in case you were wondering
    Guid work Jack

Maybe get The boy Messi in as back up 😉👍

@hibs.net private member
    Looks like Mr Keatings is another prankster

All good for squad morale

Hopefully this attachment works

image-278758305.jpg

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I like Malonga but he can have a problem with his attitude during games! It's been seen before and I'm not talking about not celebrating. He may well leave and I'm fine with that to be fair.

But if he does stay then I'm fine with that also. Id like to see him put in more effort during games and not just now and then. He could have been top scorer IMO if he had done.

This isn't a dig it's clearly an observation and my opinion before anyone gets carried away!!
    I like Malonga too (people have short memories and forget how important his goals were in dragging us up the table after a shaky start) but I don't think it's ridiculous to think that at least one of our current strikers will be away before the end of the summer - and he seems the most likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I like Malonga too (people have short memories and forget how important his goals were in dragging us up the table after a shaky start) but I don't think it's ridiculous to think that at least one of our current strikers will be away before the end of the summer - and he seems the most likely candidate.
    That's pretty much how I see it too!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think Cummings is most likely to be away. Due to his age and the amount of goals he scored I think he's likely to attract interest. Imo a relatively decent bid and he'll be off.

Testimonial Due
    I think Djedje is most likely - a signing that just hasn't worked out, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think Cummings is most likely to be away. Due to his age and the amount of goals he scored I think he's likely to attract interest. Imo a relatively decent bid and he'll be off.
    He's also developed a wee habit of getting into bother. Nothing serious (yet) but there are warning signs there.

I'm not saying that this is a reason for us wanting to get rid of him - far from it - but it may be reason that he'd want to leave.

I remember speaking to one of Leigh's mates not long after he joined us and asked if he thought the move would be made permanent. He said "no chance" because of the amount of grief he had to take from Jambos when out and about. He did go on to extend his loan spell a few times right enough though……...

Griffiths, Riordan, O'Connor. Local lads seem to have a habit of attracting more trouble than those from further afield.

I wouldn't blame Cummings if he wanted to escape and get away from a lot of the nonsense that is almost inevitably going to come his way if he stays in Edinburgh over the next few years. He's a young lad and he's going to be out and about - it might be good for him to get away somewhere where he's a bit less recognisable.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    None of our strikers will leave .
    We have excellent options up front and it will be a long season if we are winning all 3 cups
    If we sign a decent defender as well as Fontain I'll be very happy.

What a great feeling. It looks like we are going to try to take the league by the throat .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    None of our strikers will leave .
    We have excellent options up front and it will be a long season if we are winning all 3 cups
    If we sign a decent defender as well as Fontain I'll be very happy.

What a great feeling. It looks like we are going to try to take the league by the throat .
    I agree we'll keep our strikers.Have people forgotten that we lost two strikers for long periods last season?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He's also developed a wee habit of getting into bother. Nothing serious (yet) but there are warning signs there.

I'm not saying that this is a reason for us wanting to get rid of him - far from it - but it may be reason that he'd want to leave.

I remember speaking to one of Leigh's mates not long after he joined us and asked if he thought the move would be made permanent. He said "no chance" because of the amount of grief he had to take from Jambos when out and about. He did go on to extend his loan spell a few times right enough though……...

Griffiths, Riordan, O'Connor. Local lads seem to have a habit of attracting more trouble than those from further afield.

I wouldn't blame Cummings if he wanted to escape and get away from a lot of the nonsense that is almost inevitably going to come his way if he stays in Edinburgh over the next few years. He's a young lad and he's going to be out and about - it might be good for him to get away somewhere where he's a bit less recognisable.
    Most of the time it's our most talented players who get notified in the press etc as being 'trouble' as they like to give Hibs a bad image, it's always been the case. Also, it's our most talented players who love the club that get most grief whilst out and about and like any other human, they are obviously going to react- they just need to find a way of reacting in the right manner

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

why would hearts fans give him grief as he supports them ( just give the 5-1 sign keep them happy) and why would hibs fans give him grief as he plays and scores goals for us. so he in a win win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Most of the time it's our most talented players who get notified in the press etc as being 'trouble' as they like to give Hibs a bad image, it's always been the case. Also, it's our most talented players who love the club that get most grief whilst out and about and like any other human, they are obviously going to react- they just need to find a way of reacting in the right manner
    Agreed and I hope he finds a way of doing so.

I wouldn't blame him if the unwanted press attention etc made him want to try his luck elsewhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    why would hearts fans give him grief as he supports them ( just give the 5-1 sign keep them happy) and why would hibs fans give him grief as he plays and scores goals for us. so he in a win win situation.
    That is a pretty rosy but slightly unrealistic view to have of the world.

I can't see many Hibs fans giving him too much grief. Although I believe it may have been a hibby who decked Deegan and I'm sure some of the misfits we've had over the past few years will have heard a bit about it whilst out and about. If we don't have the season we expect next year, when do the fans turn on the players (not that I think this is going to happen)?

Where do you start with Jambos though? Every goal he scores against them, every time he celebrates the way he does, every time he pulls on a green shirt will wind them up. They won't care who he once supported.

Plus they're a bunch of fuds. You can't predict what they may or may not do.

He seemed to take quite a lot of grief that last time at Ibrox, all because of sketchy media reports over what may or may not have happened at a party he was at at some point.

I'm just trying to look at it from another way - players may leave because we want them to, they might leave because the player wants to. He's young, talented, has just finished top scorer in the league, may not be guaranteed first team football every week and gets increasing grief off the park. Of all of our current strikers I'd say he would be the one most likely to want to leave.

Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Yeah giving a 5-1 sign when you play for Hibs is a fantastic idea isn't it. ****ing hell not even cummings is that thick, of course he's gonna get some abuse from hearts fans while he plays for us