hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True Jim but I'd argue that in the three games Hibs were by far the better team on each occasion, missing that vital breakthrough/cutting edge.

The 0-2 game, Fontaine had a free header early on, and I think Allan had a wee chance too - they scored I think against the run of play. Hibs that day were too predictable yet we were always in the game up until a horrendous ref decision sealed it (and mind Dje Dje when through )

The Ibrox play off they were clinical, but JC and Malonga missed glorious chances.

The recent game we were all over them and again it was the final third area. The play off's we were very unlucky to pick up the injuries to Forster and Boyle who were both on good form.

McCall has made them more organised/disciplined and made them play for each other - he hasn't made them play better football in my opinion. Falkirk, Alloa, Livi draws......hammered by Queens.........I don't think they will be any different next season, truly I don't.
    Spot on. I really believe that people just think "oooh its Rangers, they will be good" We should have battered them even in the games they managed to beat us. They were 100% prepared for the Championship and the struggled to win games all year (granted they won a fair few but they were bang average in most games). They are not suddenly going to sign great young talent as most players wouldnt touch them. A full close season to prepare will make us a different team come the start of this league.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Which might tip the balance for our players agreeing to stay on for a crack at them
    Hope so I am hoping them staying down means Scott Allan stays for example.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Lets be honest here, nobody knows what will happen over the summer at ibrox. We dont know who the manager will be, we dont know what players that are out of contract will be retained, and we dont know who they will sign or indeed who will sign them?

We know who's in charge at Hibs, and that he has a clear vision on what and where he wants us to be.

We kept being told how hertz had prepared for this league for a year, well we are going to be just as prepared.

IMO the Rangers wont be, hopefully we can take advantage.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Spot on. I really believe that people just think "oooh its Rangers, they will be good" We should have battered them even in the games they managed to beat us. They were 100% prepared for the Championship and the struggled to win games all year (granted they won a fair few but they were bang average in most games). They are not suddenly going to sign great young talent as most players wouldnt touch them. A full close season to prepare will make us a different team come the start of this league.
    I think the worry is though that we didnt batter them. In the play off games I think one or two aside we didnt really create many clear cut chances. Alot of the ball getting crossed in and scrambles in the box but not a huge amount of clear chances. Thought our strikers movement and anticipation at times was pretty poor.

THEY HAVE NO MONEY.... If they stay down they will just get deeper in debt. Its a shambles of a club and I'd happily play them every week!

We win the league by 10 points next season.
    How do you know they have no money, or that future investment will not be forthcoming? I personally don't know what the current financial position is at Ibrox as I don't have access to their books.

You say if they stay down they will just get "deeper in debt". OK, so presumably that will also apply to Hibs then, or any other club in a similar situation? All / most clubs carry some level of debt. It's how that debt is managed that matters.

I don't want anyone to think I'm an apologist for the Ibrox club. I despise them, and I've posted to that effect often in the past. I just believe in trying to be realistic, that's all. I'd love to win the league by 10 points next season. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    How do you know they have no money, or that future investment will not be forthcoming? I personally don't know what the current financial position is at Ibrox as I don't have access to their books.

You say if they stay down they will just get "deeper in debt". OK, so presumably that will also apply to Hibs then, or any other club in a similar situation? All / most clubs carry some level of debt. It's how that debt is managed that matters.

I don't want anyone to think I'm an apologist for the Ibrox club. I despise them, and I've posted to that effect often in the past. I just believe in trying to be realistic, that's all. I'd love to win the league by 10 points next season. Time will tell.
    They are having to be bailed out regularly by the Easedales/ Ashley/ Park/ King.

They have made staggering losses every year since they raised all that money in the share issue (the money that I believe has run out over the past year).

The struggle to get regular credit facilities due to their questionable financial history.

Their crowds are going down year on year.

They are tied into terrible merchandise deals (this could be a major revenue stream for them).

Their financial problems run deeper than a few players on big wages.

Of course King could come in, lavish millions on them, they sell out Ibrox every week, Ashley is ousted and they sell bucket loads of special edition orange tops etc etc.

But can you really see that happening from this position, now?

Of course they have massive potential and I don't doubt that one day they will probably get their act together.

But at the moment I still think they're miles away.
    Last edited by Smartie; 29-05-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Out of interest - is the Ladbrokes sponsorship deal signed and sealed or is it still in negotiations?

Dunno but heard a rumour that the 'Samaritans' had to put a block on 'Persistent Nuisance-calls' that started at 9:40pm last night from a caller identified only as N. Doncaster ........................

They are millions in debt (yes?) They do not operate to a profit at the moment. They are not actively clearing that debt and not managing it. The continue to get "loans" from various masked men just to stop them going into admin.

We are a properly run club that operates withint the confines of a budget.

Lets make it 15 points!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Lets be honest here, nobody knows what will happen over the summer at ibrox. We dont know who the manager will be, we dont know what players that are out of contract will be retained, and we dont know who they will sign or indeed who will sign them?

We know who's in charge at Hibs, and that he has a clear vision on what and where he wants us to be.

We kept being told how hertz had prepared for this league for a year, well we are going to be just as prepared.

I find myself agreeing with BH.....NURSE!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    It pains me to say this, it really does, but you are aware they just beat Hibs in the play-offs winning 2-0 at Greyskull, and beat us 2-0 at ER only a few weeks ago?

Hibs supporters need to waken up and understand that as bad as The Rangers are just now, that's what recently happened. They will be a much better and organised squad next season once they get rid of all the deadwood and bring in younger, fitter, and better players. Which they will. They are not going to simply sit and do nothing to improve their team on the pitch.

Just for the record, I'm not conceding anything to them before a ball is kicked. I just think it will be more difficult for Hibs to win the Championship outright if we are competing with them again next season.

I think it will turn out to be a "dog eat dog" league IMO, between Hibs, Huns/Motherwell, St Mirren, QOS & Falkirk. I don't believe any team will walk away with it like this season.

I despise the Ibrox club and their truly awful supporters, but that shouldn't blind me/us to the reality of what's facing Hibs next season.
    Sorry but I disagree. The Hun aren't the hun of the past 30 or so years - 30 or so years when MONEY - and money alone - brought their success !. Prior to that, as one of their own directors said, something along the lines of 'Before all this (big-money), people forget that Rangers were nothing more than a popular West of Scotland football club' - and he was right !. Money, NOT football changed them into the 'Big team' of the 80's, 90's - they've never been known as a FOOTBALL team, they've always been known for preferring big, strong dirty players with a 'They shall not pass one way or another' mindset. Historically, here just isn't a true 'football-minded' school of thought at 'Greyskull'. A Hun-team without money ? - google their 'standards/levels' prior to Lawrence Marlborough's arrival.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Hertz never spent a penny and pished it
    This

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Yes we will be better prepared. However we finished just 3 points ahead of a pi5h and chaotic Rangers this season. Next season they will be a lot stronger and more consistent. St Mirren will not be push overs either.

There's no way we are going to scoosh that league. It will be exciting though, in a 'watching it all through your fingers' kind of a way.
    I think they will be just as bad if not worse next season

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I hope our team wins by at least as many points as the 'westsiders', hopefully more.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    They are having to be bailed out regularly by the Easedales/ Ashley/ Park/ King.

They have made staggering losses every year since they raised all that money in the share issue (the money that I believe has run out over the past year).

The struggle to get regular credit facilities due to their questionable financial history.

Their crowds are going down year on year.

They are tied into terrible merchandise deals (this could be a major revenue stream for them).

Their financial problems run deeper than a few players on big wages.

Of course King could come in, lavish millions on them, they sell out Ibrox every week, Ashley is ousted and they sell bucket loads of special edition orange tops etc etc.

But can you really see that happening from this position, now?

Of course they have massive potential and I don't doubt that one day they will probably get their act together.

But at the moment I still think they're miles away.
    They are millions in debt (yes?) They do not operate to a profit at the moment. They are not actively clearing that debt and not managing it. The continue to get "loans" from various masked men just to stop them going into admin.

We are a properly run club that operates withint the confines of a budget.

Lets make it 15 points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Sorry but I disagree. The Hun aren't the hun of the past 30 or so years - 30 or so years when MONEY - and money alone - brought their success !. Prior to that, as one of their own directors said, something along the lines of 'Before all this (big-money), people forget that Rangers were nothing more than a popular West of Scotland football club' - and he was right !. Money, NOT football changed them into the 'Big team' of the 80's, 90's - they've never been known as a FOOTBALL team, they've always been known for preferring big, strong dirty players with a 'They shall not pass one way or another' mindset. Historically, here just isn't a true 'football-minded' school of thought at 'Greyskull'. A Hun-team without money ? - google their 'standards/levels' prior to Lawrence Marlborough's arrival.
    You will all be surprised no doubt that I don't disagree with a lot of what has been posted above, especially what Deansy has posted!

My point remains though, that despite all the financial mis-management (cheating even) that's gone on at Ibrox for years, I still believe they will have a much better team on the pitch next season than the one they currently have. That's where the danger to Hibs may lie. Just my opinion though.

Would anyone accept / agree that the current Ibrox squad is probably the worst they can ever remember?

Well said. Some still fall for King's £20m claims though and it's all doom and gloom. We will hit the ground running this time round. I am sure of it.

Shock Blackpool hibs talks sense after thousands of post.He is right they are a xxxx

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Hoping we adopt this for next season.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16