hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whilst I wouldn't be fussed if any of the 3 went, I seem to remember this time last year countless threads about everyone including the EM cat leaving and not many came to pass.

FWIW my thoughts on the 3 are:

DH- IMO there is definitely a footballer in there, whether he has the fitness, pace or desire?

AH - A revelation when he broke through and early games for Dundee looked promising. A Wotherspoon with pace but without dig or heart?

SS - Seems to have the best engine out the three but way too slight for role he will play and consequently doesn't impose himself on the game

2. Log in to remove the advert

Believe this is true, definatley Stanton anyway. Looking for a new club with Dundee, Partick and St Johnstone interested

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Can't understand contract for Handling last season then? Who decided that? Seemed strange at the time, I've not seen enough from Stanton, Handling and Harris to think they are worth keeping. They are all getting older and if you add 2-3 years to them they are same age as Scott Allan's and I cannot see them ever being of a standard even close to him or Scott Brown (when he came through) etc. They are of an age where they should be challenging for 1st team and I don't think they are anywhere near. Kids that are coming through the ranks need to realise that it is a job and they must put additional work into making it. Work ethic has been lacking for years I think.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Believe this is true, definatley Stanton anyway. Looking for a new club with Dundee, Partick and St Johnstone interested
    A permanent deal?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Can't understand contract for Handling last season then? Who decided that? Seemed strange at the time, I've not seen enough from Stanton, Handling and Harris to think they are worth keeping. They are all getting older and if you add 2-3 years to them they are same age as Scott Allan's and I cannot see them ever being of a standard even close to him or Scott Brown (when he came through) etc. They are of an age where they should be challenging for 1st team and I don't think they are anywhere near. Kids that are coming through the ranks need to realise that it is a job and they must put additional work into making it. Work ethic has been lacking for years I think.
    Agree entirely, the failure of Hibs youth policy is that with a couple of exceptions since the golden generation, guys break into the first team squad and hang around it rather than establishing themselves in the team.

Despite the gnashing of teeth and wailing surrounding James McDonagh's departure at the start of the season, my own feeling is that it was long overdue

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Agree entirely, the failure of Hibs youth policy is that with a couple of exceptions since the golden generation, guys break into the first team squad and hang around it rather than establishing themselves in the team.

Despite the gnashing of teeth and wailing surrounding James McDonagh's departure at the start of the season, my own feeling is that it was long overdue
    100% long overdue. As I wrote on the first page our youth system has stagnated because of over-retention of players who were never going to be the required standard.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    100% long overdue. As I wrote on the first page our youth system has stagnated because of over-retention of players who were never going to be the required standard.
    Sure Bill Hendry was part of that before his departure
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Sure Bill Hendry was part of that before his departure
    Yes, he certainly was. Keeping players as favour to his 'scouts' and to save them finding better players.

It will take time for the changes to take effect but the club are making great strides in trying to improve the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Yes, he certainly was. Keeping players as favour to his 'scouts' and to save them finding better players.

It will take time for the changes to take effect but the club are making great strides in trying to improve the academy.
    Glad to hear this.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull