hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fifa

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he's guilty of what we all think he's guilty of, then the FBI will find the evidence. Although this will take years to gather all the evidence, i'd bet we will be talking about this in 5 years and still be trying to pin the blame on him.

Its very much like the mafia, but luckily there will be more willing to talk against the family.
    Are. You saying Blatter is the Don Corleone of football ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post

It is just like the Mafia, all looking after each other. Yes they help smaller countries and under privileged ones, but for me its just money laundering and a great way to keep themselves on the gravy boat.

Look at the way they look after these countries after the games are finished, and look at how they have crippled some of these countries without a second thought.

The FBI will bring FIFA down as we know it, we can only hope it does not take too long and those who do take over run it properly once they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This is the point though liam. FIFA should be about promoting football in ALL parts of the world. Qatar may be an unpopular choice but It just might kick start the evolution of football in this area.

There are of course footballing countries in this part of the world but awarding the event to say Iraq, Iran, Egypt or Saudi Arabia would bring a whole heap of different problems, issues and controversies that would be unpalatable to most people.

Whilst FIFA is mired in all this scandal and controversy it easily forgotten that it is a sporting institution like the IOC that should cross all borders and transcend politics and be all about furthering sporting endeavour.

Not above the law though of course.
    UAE would have been more plausible than just Qatar. However, I can think of many better places to kick start football. India and China would have been better candidates.

More like Robert Mugabe of football.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They will reassess and stay involved as will all the football nations. Nothing will change, money rules.
    Money does indeed rule. That is why we will see change.

The European nations want more of it, the clubs don't get any of it and would gladly see the end of international football competition, although if they were somehow"compensated" that might change.

I can foresee boycott on the horizon. It 's a fall of the Roman Empire scenario. FIFA is too big and bloated, has no unity and awaits pillaging by the money fevered hoors in charge of European football. Blatter will be unable to stop it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They will reassess and stay involved as will all the football nations. Nothing will change, money rules.

As usual plenty of " posturing" and no action!
    Still a bit to run on the corruption story methinks

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    FIFA = F*****d, It's Finally Agreed
    Financial Impropriety For All

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Money does indeed rule. That is why we will see change.

The European nations want more of it, the clubs don't get any of it and would gladly see the end of international football competition, although if they were somehow"compensated" that might change.

I can foresee boycott on the horizon. It 's a fall of the Roman Empire scenario. FIFA is too big and bloated, has no unity and awaits pillaging by the money fevered hoors in charge of European football. Blatter will be unable to stop it happening.
    I think the problems posed by the Qatari World Cup could also be a factor. The corruption charges will provide a perfect excuse for the European associations to withdraw so that their seasons are not disrupted by a November/December competition.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Financial Impropriety For All

I think the problems posed by the Qatari World Cup could also be a factor. The corruption charges will provide a perfect excuse for the European associations to withdraw so that their seasons are not disrupted by a November/December competition.
    You may have something there. Then if the FAs who voted against Blatter yesterday form an alternative International organisation (for now let's call it LIFA - League of International FAs) which could then host an alternative WC competition then FIFA would collapse and the Blatter camp followers would eventually have to join the new organisation too. If it was compulsory for all LIFA members to select new representatives for their respective FAs then most of those involved in the corruption should be weeded out. Then total transparancy of all activities within LIFA should help to keep things clean.
    Over simplified, obviously, as there would be many obstacles but the status quo ain't working.

No doubt about the fact that Blatter is corrupt, but pinning everything on him seems to be wrong IMO. What really gets on my nerves is that FIFA - under Swiss law - is registered as a "non-profit making organisation", i.e. a charity of sorts! The "NPO" is not required to pay tax (any taxes as far as I'm aware) particularly in Switzerland (its base) as Swiss law does not currently regard paying bribes as an official offence, it's looked on as being more of a sort of "private issue"(!)) Switzerland is a strange country anyway when it comes to matters of corruption, illegality, money laundering and so forth - just look at the banks! There's a lot more wrong at FIFA and a society that is prepared to accept FIFA than this little Swiss gnome alone, surely? Even if Blatter goes, will his successor run the "charity" any differently? One has to wonder what benefit this public utility/charity is to society at large to justify it retaining its NPO status? I don't see any at all myself ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    No doubt about the fact that Blatter is corrupt, but pinning everything on him seems to be wrong IMO. What really gets on my nerves is that FIFA - under Swiss law - is registered as a "non-profit making organisation", i.e. a charity of sorts! The "NPO" is not required to pay tax (any taxes as far as I'm aware) particularly in Switzerland (its base) as Swiss law does not currently regard paying bribes as an official offence, it's looked on as being more of a sort of "private issue"(!)) Switzerland is a strange country anyway when it comes to matters of corruption, illegality, money laundering and so forth - just look at the banks! There's a lot more wrong at FIFA and a society that is prepared to accept FIFA than this little Swiss gnome alone, surely? Even if Blatter goes, will his successor run the "charity" any differently? One has to wonder what benefit this public utility/charity is to society at large to justify it retaining its NPO status? I don't see any at all myself ...
    Be interesting to know what tax relief is given on sponsorship

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Be interesting to know what tax relief is given on sponsorship
    You mean to the partners such as C*c* C*l* and the likes?

It will depend on the tax laws in the country in which they're resident. In UK terms, any such sponsorship qualifies as advertising, and is therefore tax-deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    More like Robert Mugabe of football.
    Lol

I see uefa are looking to boycott the world cup.... Scotland were trailblazers with this. We have been boycotting since 1998

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    I see uefa are looking to boycott the world cup.... Scotland were trailblazers with this. We have been boycotting since 1998
    You were beaten to this post by a trailblazer who posted this 24 hours ago.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Thank God the Scottish game isny corrupt, that's all I want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    You were beaten to this post by a trailblazer who posted this 24 hours ago.
    Haha 😂 I mustv missed it

FIFA Whistleblower John McBeth vindicated

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Blatter is the victim of a conspiracy

Says his daughter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32952426

Biggest problem trying to get anything to stick to Blatter is he doesn't use e mails or texts and very rarely uses mobile phones, he's obviously making sure nothing comes back to haunt him, very devious man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Blatter is the victim of a conspiracy

Says his daughter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32952426
    Something definitely smells that this story could have ended up on all the BBC's news programmes yesterday. Are they looking to FIFA for funding if not paying the licence fee gets decriminalised?

Breaking news.

Blatter to resign as fifa president.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Blatter to go. Cue the deluge...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Biggest problem trying to get anything to stick to Blatter is he doesn't use e mails or texts and very rarely uses mobile phones, he's obviously making sure nothing comes back to haunt him, very devious man.
    I believe his middle name is Teflon.

Breaking news.

Blatter to resign as fifa president.
    Coming so soon after his defiant post-election speech, there must be a good reason for it and that won't be anything to do with the greater good of the sport.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.