hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am certain that Allan will still be at Hibs next season.
    And surely he could do better than the Huns anyway?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    And surely he could do better than the Huns anyway?
    Easily done by staying here.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Doesn't suit him

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    <minging pic> Doesn't suit him
    For balance, he's posted one within the last hour of him posing at Easter Road.

The way I see it if he doesn't want to play for hibs he can go, we need players that want to play for the club

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    The way I see it if he doesn't want to play for hibs he can go, we need players that want to play for the club
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    He can sign a pre contract with them in January for the 2016-2017 season.

They cannot however get him for nothing in January.
    Well yeah but they aren't going to pay 1 million for a guy they can sign on a pre contract in 6 months

First Team Breakthrough
    Hopefully that picture on instagram is to say he's no leaving easter road!!

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    The Scottish daily mail have got a bit on the back page about Celtc joining the chase to get him now.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Allan has had such a good season, it's likely at least one club will try to sign him. It would be a big blow if he leaves, and a hammer blow if he leaves for Hunco: a return to the old days of their cherry picking the best other clubs have. Let's hope the story is just a case of the laptop loyal getting carried away.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Have to agree with SquashedFrog here. Whether we like it or not, if a decent offer comes in, there's every chance he'll take it if it's considerably better than ours. And it will definitely mean making the most of the money we do get for him if that does happen, cos we'll get the square root of f all if he stays and runs out his contract. That said, I'm not convinced he'd go to Sevco anyway, but down south might be an option .

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Well yeah but they aren't going to pay 1 million for a guy they can sign on a pre contract in 6 months
    That's assuming nobody else wants him which is highly unlikely. I don't think they have any chance of getting him if they wait till January. The only way they can guarantee getting him is to offer cash now.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    A lot on here seem to forget that there was an offer on the table from the Huns but HE chose us ,
    And one way of keeping sevco weak is for Celtic to sign any player half decent that takes sevco eye.But a Hun fan signing for Celtic ?
    Scotty has said he still feels he has a point to prove in England so my money would be on him heading back south once any bids come rolling in and if i was a manager of one of the newly promoted premiership teams i would take a punt on him, might be a step too much but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Scottish daily mail have got a bit on the back page about Celtc joining the chase to get him now.
    This will be great for Scottish football.

Have to think Celtic will be a more likely destination, despite his love of Rangers, with McGeough thrown in to sweeten the deal?

Blog Entries
    Unless he is a liar, Allan has said he is happy to stay at ER to help us get promotion. Keep him to that as promotion is the be all and end all. Too bad if he goes at the end of next season for nothing, as long as we are back in the Premiership.

Its quite possible that Allan may leave over the summer. By the same token its posible he may stay or even extend his contract. If he (and Hibs) decides to move there will be lots of interest in him and this blatant courting by sevco can only drive his price up.

Im no longer fussed....we always lose our best players and later when other teams try and buy him from celtic or rangers the papers will refer to him as " ex hibs star"...which can only be a good thing as it makes other top youngsters think coming to hibs and giving their best will get them a big move in the future

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I think Scott Allan would be mad to go to Sevco.

When Scott joined us, he was way short of match fitness and could not last 90 minutes.

Hibs have a tie up with sports medics at Queen Margaret University and in a conversation I had with George Craig after the AGM ,he explained how all players have regular checks to ensure max performance.

He said a couple of players required special monitoring without mentioning names, but with Scott's diabetes condition , I'm sure he will be carefully managed.

Sevco are still a shambles. I think Jimmy Bell the bus driver and kit-man doubles as sports science consultant

If he goes , I'm sure he knows it has to be some club that lives in the modern world.

Read that tic now showing an interest. So, hypothetical qu, if they offered Dylan plus a fee, should/would we take the offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    Read that tic now showing an interest. So, hypothetical qu, if they offered Dylan plus a fee, should/would we take the offer?
    Depends on the fee realistically... Ideally though I would have no complaints if Hibs stood their ground this time.. I think Scott holds the key to all this thou

Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    No quotes or anything from any representative of either of the Old Firm. Complete non-story at the moment. Also don't get why they are quoting a £400,000 fee unless there is a clause in his contract which I highly doubt we'd be that daft.

I hope he stays but would rather sell to Celtic. He won't even get a game there IMO.

FWIW I would rather keep Allan and lose both Fyvie and McGeoch... so I would be doing everything I could to keep him.

Link to the report... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ott-Allan.html

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I agree with that but they can't get him for nothing in January which was what you originally stated.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Unless he is a liar, Allan has said he is happy to stay at ER to help us get promotion. Keep him to that as promotion is the be all and end all. Too bad if he goes at the end of next season for nothing, as long as we are back in the Premiership.

People losing sight of the bigger picture here IMO. He joined us for free, and should be able to leave for free next summer with our blessings - if he helps get us promoted, and especially if he goes back down South.

We are a great place for Allan to be (just look how people are talking about him again) and the longer he stays with us the better.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Technically yes but he could have been if he wanted to be. But he didn't as he wanted to move to Celtic.

IIRC, Wolves activated a clause in his contract at the end of his time with Hibs that tied him to them for another year. That meant that any club that wanted to sign him would have had to pay a Fee.

Celtc offered £1M which, I'm sure you'll agree, was way out of Hibs price range.

@hibs.net private member
    The problem with Hibs knocking any offers back would be him possibly signing a pre contract in January. That could mean that for the second half of the season his mind may be elsewhere. Next season is going to be tough, we need all players focussed on the job IMO. Not saying that Allan wouldnt try but it could effect him knowing that he will be elsewhere for the next again season.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    IIRC, Wolves activated a clause in his contract at the end of his time with Hibs that tied him to them for another year. That meant that any club that wanted to sign him would have had to pay a Fee.

Celtc offered £1M which, I'm sure you'll agree, was way out of Hibs price range.
    Wolves activated the extra year yes but Leigh then went on to sign an extention to that by an extra year, this is what made it even more galling to all us Hibs supporters as all he had to do was sit there for 6 months and sign a pre contract with us, instead he had another year to go and Celtic paid up.

How about this for a reasonable scenario

Allan decides to show his appreciation to Hibs for kick-starting his career by signing a two year extension. He has a clause in the contract that allows him to leave for any Club that offers Hibs £1M+ at any time after the end of season 2015-16.

Result: Hibs get to keep him for one more year, and receive a decent amount of money for him at the end of it. Allan shows everybody what a great guy he is but gets his big move with one more year of rehabilitation under his belt, then leaves while still a hero of the Hibs Support and everybody's good wishes.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 28-05-2015 at 09:32 AM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    How about this for a reasonable scenario

Allan decides to show his appreciation to Hibs for kick-starting his career by signing a two year extension. He has a clause in the contract that allows him to leave for any Club that offers Hibs £1M+ at any time after the end of season 2015-16.

Result: Hibs get to keep him for one more year, and receive a decent amount of money for him at the end of it. Allan shows everybody what a great guy he is but gets his big move with one more year of rehabilitation under his belt, then leaves while still a hero of the Hibs Support and everybody's good wishes.

Would be great, but footballers will probably take the view that gives them the most pay and the best option for them.

I think its his agent stirring the pot to see if anyone down sputh fancies him again. 'Look look celtic and The reangers are after him' down south take note and agent gets a bigger deal down there?