hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a photo of him doing the rounds in his Rangers strip as a wee boy. It's not nice

But he was a Rangers fan, so it really is no big deal.

I'd imagine there are a few photos available of Cummings in a Hearts Strip but it doesn't bother me, as long as he keeps scoring goals for us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    Would people be willing to let Allan go if an offer came in that meant we could secure say Fontaine and Fyvie on longer term deals?? A tough choice but if the offer suits Hibs....
    Not if Rangers are still in the Championship. We'd be weakening our team from this season and strengthening theirs.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

I'd imagine there are a few photos available of Cummings in a Hearts Strip but it doesn't bother me, as long as he keeps scoring goals for us.
    Theres one of him doing the 5-1 hand signal at Tynecastle. I couldnt care less. He certainly doesnt have any warm feeling towards them these days!

The Huns will bid for Scott Allan .... but if Hibs accept less than £750,000 to £1,000,000 we need shooting. If they don't go up, no way should we sell to them. Lets not kid ourselves though ..... £2,000 a week from Hibs or £6,000 a week from your boyhood club in a higher league, what would you do?

As it is I'm willing to bet other clubs in the UK are aware of him. Not only that, but there will be interest in Stubbs from down south, if he did go Scott Allan wont be far from his thoughts.

As for Hibs spending any transfer fee on a replacement .... get real ... £500,000 players want 5K a week, not 2K.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    The first offer from Rangers should be rejected and a message put across to not table any further offers as there will be no negotiating. Even if he does go, not a chance we should sell to them. Even if the offer was higher, I'd rather take less money than sell another player to that club.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

Didn't say it was a big deal, just that it wasn't nice. Nobody in a Rangers strip is nice

If Allan is sold for anything less than a million - it'll raise serious questions for me over the supposed steps and improvement to the way our club is being run and led.

If on top of that, he is sold to Rangers - that might just about be enough for me.

I certainly wouldn't blame the laddie for wanting to leave - it HAS to be for the right money though. If we were to announce he has signed a new deal and is going nowhere - I'd already be excited for next season.

Hmmm, Im no sticking my neck on the line for this as I've learned through decades of fitba that there is very little that comes as a shock, particularly nowadays.

That said, I dont think Dempster and the Hibs Board are so stupid as to sell one of our best players to one of our closest rivals if/when (hopefully) those manky hun *******s remain in our league. That's handing one of your prized staff to your nearest rival. You dont do it. And I dont think that we would.

Even IF the huns DO go up, we still shouldnt do it. How the **** are they gonna pay us the money Allan is worth? They have no pot to piss in! They have a worse financial record than greece and have all the prospects of a ****ing toilet duck. That's before we even consider the fact its the huns we are talking about.

IF Allan goes anywhere, I'd be surprised if it's them. Never say never but I'd be surprised. If he went elsewhere and we made some from it, well I'm still no happy but what can you do when the contract is running down........

However, the Daily Record is one of the biggest piles of pish in Scotland. If they told me the Earth was round I'd double check. Let's wait and see...

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kentao View Post
    Is this the same club whos supporters where launching paper and drumsticks at him when he went to take a corner?

I think his Answer will be No to what ever offer Der Hun put up.
    Good point. He might have been Rangers as a kid but the fans haven't shown him a lot of respect since.

Allan to Rangers

Did he not turn them down in the summer window last year? Or am I mistaken.

First Team Breakthrough
    Must be easy being a journo now OH rangers beat Hibs ,lee mccullogh talks to Scott Allan as they leave the pitch ,was Allan no a rangers fan SORTED ALLAN KEY TO GERS job done

Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalHibees View Post
    Did he not turn them down in the summer window last year? Or am I mistaken.
    He did. He joined Hibs for footballing reasons.
    This story is just silly season fluff anyway. The currant buns are playing Motherwell tomorrow and even if as I expect they go up they have the rather large inconvenience of Big Mike flexing his muscles and a General Meeting on June 12. Stuart McCall doesn't even know if he will be manager next week.

I mean really....

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    The club have stepped up to the mark consistently since last summer, and I would expect them to do the same during the summer transfer window. The DUFC saga in January will have resonated with other clubs so selling to a rival will be done very cautiously.

Time for a reality check methinks, after all the article is in The Sun and they only print 100% truth now don't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by EdinAyr View Post
    They were in debt £40 to a face painting business well that other team called Rangers were. I'm sure the Rangers couldn't scrape together 2m + add ins for him.
    2m seriously? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Didn't say it was a big deal, just that it wasn't nice. Nobody in a Rangers strip is nice

Well, I think we can agree on that.

Coaching Staff
    When did we recently sell anyone on the cheap?

Testimonial Due
    Can some photoshop a bingo card with phrases we can expect to read in the red tops in the coming weeks as they ramp up the pressure:

'Cash strapped'

'Tight fisted'

'Boyhood heroes'

'May be forced'

Etc etc etc

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    When did we recently sell anyone on the cheap?
    How much did we get for James Collins.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    I think the only way fans would accept this is if it was the Scottish equivalent of the Andy Carroll to Liverpool situatiob

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    How much did we get for James Collins.
    Brussel Sprout. It was a case of getting his wage off the books as he had two years still to go.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Can some photoshop a bingo card with phrases we can expect to read in the red tops in the coming weeks as they ramp up the pressure:

'Cash strapped'

'Tight fisted'

'Boyhood heroes'

'May be forced'

Etc etc etc
    I reckon you could get all of them in one headline, and paragraph!

BEAM ME UP SCOTTY
    ALLAN HEADING FOR IBROX AS CASH-STRAPPED HIBS FLOG THE CROWN JEWELS
    Last night Hibs accepted a 3rd bid of £500,000 to allow Championship player of the year Scott Allan to speak to his boyhood heroes. As exclusively revealed by the Sun last month, Rangers have had 23 year old Allan in their sights for some time. After having 2 previous bids, described by Leeann Dempster as "derisory" rejected, the clubs have finally come to an agreement, and it is believed that Allan will travel to Murray Park today for a medical. While Hibs fans may be enfuriated by the news of yet another star player heading west, its believed that Hibs have had their hand forced due to failing to get back to the Scottish Premiership at the first attempt.

petrie second chance

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Can't say I'm shocked at that to be honest.

Hope Hibs can persuade him to stay but it will be tough.
    If Rod Petrie is reading any of this, then this is the time to ENSURE WE HOLD ON TO SCOTT, if he is under contract for another year we surely can hold on to him ,either way he simply has to stay.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    If Rod Petrie is reading any of this, then this is the time to ENSURE WE HOLD ON TO SCOTT, if he is under contract for another year we surely can hold on to him ,either way he simply has to stay.
    Dont think it has anything to do with him now, its Leeann that will have that say I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    Dont think it has anything to do with him now, its Leeann that will have that say I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Brussel Sprout. It was a case of getting his wage off the books as he had two years still to go.
    Did his new club not pay the outstanding instalment we were due to pay his old club?

We need to pragmatic about all this.

I'd love him to stay as he's a very talented footballer (destined for big things IMO) but history tells me that if a club comes in, and offers a player significantly higher wages, then he will consider it and potentially accept it. In that case if a player wants to leave then the club won't simply force him to stay. It doesn't happen at any club in the world - especially when only a year to go.

Been through the old 'he's committed to the cause', 'he's a Hibby - his dad was a Hibby', 'thay can't afford his fee' scenarios too many times over the years.

Leigh left us and was 'one of our own' so Allan would have no hesitation in moving on.

I'd love him to stay but if an offer comes in I suspect he will be away.

If he does go then we must make sure we invest the money wisely. He is, after all, only 1 player...

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    We need to pragmatic about all this.

I'd love him to stay as he's a very talented footballer (destined for big things IMO) but history tells me that if a club comes in, and offers a player significantly higher wages, then he will consider it and potentially accept it. In that case if a player wants to leave then the club won't simply force him to stay. It doesn't happen at any club in the world - especially when only a year to go.

Been through the old 'he's committed to the cause', 'he's a Hibby - his dad was a Hibby', 'thay can't afford his fee' scenarios too many times over the years.

Leigh left us and was 'one of our own' so Allan would have no hesitation in moving on.

I'd love him to stay but if an offer comes in I suspect he will be away.

If he does go then we must make sure we invest the money wisely. He is, after all, only 1 player...
    Difference with Griffiths is he has never been our player.

I'll be honest and state that Allan should be playing at a higher level than the second tier of Scottish football. But the top flight here isn't much better, so a move to a promoted Sevco Huns would be far closer to a sideways move rather than a genuine step up.

If a Championship club down south offers us over £1m, then it's the right move for Allan and the right money for us.

But I'd rather we sign him to a longer deal with a get-out clause for the player should the unthinkable happen and we don't get promoted next season.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Difference with Griffiths is he has never been our player.
    Technically yes but he could have been if he wanted to be. But he didn't as he wanted to move to Celtic. Players have the power, not clubs. If he wanted to sign for us he would have. But he didn't and frankly I don't hold any grudges against him for moving to Celtic.

I don't blame players for wanting to make 4, 5, 6 times the money they can at Hibs. In fact, if my son was in that position I'd probably back his decision to move and maximise his income as a pro footballer. I'd challenge anyone on that.

In utopia I'd want all our great players to stay but that's never going to happen so we need to realistic about things. I love my team but know how things work.