hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    If he wants to play for them I wouldn't want him here next year. Scott seems like a guy who would want to finish his current work in progress or play for a better team. Whatever the league positions and play off results, our team has a potential curve which exceeds either the hun or diet hun cheats. If he goes back down south it will be understandable. Playing for either of the cheats - incomprehensible. Their teams looked little better than highly motivated shyght. Our time is coming.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Got a bad feeling about all this

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    It might happen it might not, who knows but surprise surprise, a 'good news story' for Rangers on the eve that they take on Motherwell, same as what happened to us when the King news 'broke' but we all knew the SFA had made their decision days before but story was kept to build the positive momentum for THE Rangers.

It's just the media trying their best to keep the ogres happy and buoyant for the Rangers promotion campaign.

I think 2 things about Allan, 1. He will be allowed leave by the club in January with the carrot to get our league campaign of to a good start or 2. He may surprise us and sign, due to the Stubbs factor as it's clear they both get on and it seems Stubbs understands him and his medical needs.

Just my options of course.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar

Allan to Rangers

Did i read somewhere that he had said or at least suggested that he was going to stay at Hibs as a 'thank you' to the club for rescuing his career? Not recently, but a few months back?
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got a bad feeling about all this
    i had a bad feeling when i heard McCall saying how good he was and referring to him as scotty after the 1st playoff game

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I think obtaining promotion is more important than 400k or 500k. I think rangers should made to dig deep if they really want him.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Scott Allan to Rangers? Laughable.

@hibs.net private member
    I think this will happen, its just a matter of Hibs holding out for a decent fee. Disappointed as I've really enjoyed some of Scotty's performances this season. It's not the be all and end all though, if Scotty had goals in his game then I'd be more passionate about keeping him.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    He can sign a pre contract with them in January for the 2016-2017 season.

They cannot however get him for nothing in January.
    And that's why they won't offer big money now they will look to unsettle him and hope hibs then accept a bid that is then loaded with add on s after he has played so many games and slice of any future Transfer Fee Rangers get for him .
    Scott is saying the right things and may have decoded he wants to go back down south again and wants to be in control of where he chooses when his contract runs out ,but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come under pressure to sign for them from players and agent alike especially if they go up .
    Given our Financial Position we may have no option but to sell a player and as he is our prize asset there was always going to be immediate speculation .
    Given clubs new propensity to be open and communicate with the fans on issues they know we are concerned about ,I would like the Board to make their intentions clear on this one as soon as they are in a position to do so .However a bid in the region of £500,000 is something I don't think the Board could turn down ,and some of that money could may be be used to keep Fontaine and Fyffe or Mcgeoch and bring in another player. It will be about finance ,and options to build team .But would assume we will play hard ball ,and want yo see which other players Stubbs wants to stay make decisions on new contracts ,and who is on our radar that we can bring in and get deals done

If I am being honest I wasn't expecting him to stay ,so if he does it's a bonus ,as I do enjoy watching him play and he is one of the reasons I have gone to more games this season
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 27-05-2015 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayern Bru View Post
    Did i read somewhere that he had said or at least suggested that he was going to stay at Hibs as a 'thank you' to the club for rescuing his career? Not recently, but a few months back?
    He has repeated this a few times ,so let's hope he isn't persuaded to backtrack by other influences but equally hibs need to come out with a Statement of intent to keep him the way they did in The last Transfer Window But every player has a price that dictates a selling club has to sell and not getting promotion probably means The Board now have a de ion to make on Scott when as anticipated a bid or bids will come in He is the one player that is probably irreplaceable on like for like basis on our budget but Stubbs has surprised us before and will no doubt do so again

@hibs.net private member
    If Rangers stay in the Championship, then no way can Hibs sell him to them. It would make a mockery of claims that promotion is the main aim for the club.

I expect him to move on, but to a Premier club.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I am certain that Allan will still be at Hibs next season.
    Agreed. Scott will be playing for us all of next season.

This is one of the reasons I want Well to pump them.

As soon as they're back in the top league we're very vulnerable to this kind of nonsense. Half a dozen decent games and our players will be linked with them.

The Rangers are still in a lot of trouble and the longer they are out of the top league the more trouble they are in.

I have confidence in our squad to do what is required of them next season regardless of who else is in our league.

Strangely I've often seen Stevenson making a move to them. He'd be quite good value for them, relatively low wages and you get a player who knocks his pan in for you and can play in a few different positions. From his point of view he'd get a few quid more than he'd get here and he's getting to that stage in his career when he might fancy a move and a decent signing on fee.

I think he'll be gone but if it ends up being to rangers, I'll be gutted.

Scott Allen is too good for the Rangers and can do much better than them.

Really hope we hold to him and that he sees staying at Hibs as a way to improve his career long term, which should be in England not ibrox. Sadly it would not surprise me if he went there assuming they were in the SPFL. If they are still in the Championship it would be madness to let him go there.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-stand-1113508

Another rank non story no doubt, however hopefully these words still ring true for him....

“It came down to a purely football decision and no disrespect to Rangers but it was about getting the chance to play with a better standard of player."

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Is this the same club whos supporters where launching paper and drumsticks at him when he went to take a corner?

I think his Answer will be No to what ever offer Der Hun put up.

Ten Million Quid in readies and they can have him.

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    IMO there is very little chance that he would sign a new contract with us right now. His ambitions surely extend beyond the Scottish 2nd tier , as they should.

However, he has another year on his existing contract and says he's happy to stay. If he helps get us promoted and gives his all for another season then he can leave on a free next summer if he wants to as far as I am concerned. He will have fulfilled his contract. Otherwise, der Hun will need to offer big money - up front - if they want him this summer.
    Can't see the club letting anyone of material resale value going on a free. Unless he signs an extension I cannot see us refusing a serious money offer this summer even if he wants to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Needs to be at least double that or it could be the worst bit of business since Pat Stanton left for Celtic...

Rangers should have a few bob sloshing around once they clear their current farcical wage bill and D King is a well know, law-abiding zillionaire.

The idea of seeing Scotty in their colours kinda turns my stomach.
    There's a photo of him doing the rounds in his Rangers strip as a wee boy. It's not nice

This is just the start of it, already.

If Hibs sell Allan to The Rangers, especially if The Rangers are still in the Championship with Hibs next season, then they can kiss goodbye to two things:

1) any chance of promotion by winning the division outright, and 2) a number (hard to say how many) of the remaining support who will consider enough is enough.

As an aside, what would be Stubbs' reaction be to such a sale, if it were to happen? There's absolutely no chance of Hibs spending anything like £500,000 to bring in an adequate replacement either.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I think obtaining promotion is more important than 400k or 500k. I think rangers should made to dig deep if they really want him.
    Yep, I agree, letting him go for anything less than 750k would be daft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cockneymike View Post
    At full time on Saturday, I saw McCulloch having an intense word in Allan's ear and I immediately thought then that he might have been saying, 'Come play for der Hun'
    I saw & thought the same as you! Mind you I don't know why McCulloch's concerned, he'll be out on his erchie after Sunday regardless! Come on the Well!

First Team Breakthrough
    Scott Allan to rangers ,Alan Stubbs to Sheffield United .What's it going to be tomorrow's Spun headline ,hearts buy ER to replace crumbling tynecastle *****

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Is there the possibility that there is a clause in his contract saying he can leave to play in a higher league (either for free or a set sum) if we failed to get promotion this season?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    There's a photo of him doing the rounds in his Rangers strip as a wee boy. It's not nice
    Its meant to be from his instagram but its been photoshopped.

We are now in Silly Season so don't take all the rumours (especially in the MSM) too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Its meant to be from his instagram but its been photoshopped.
    It was on his Instagram until he signed for us when he deleted it!

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Would people be willing to let Allan go if an offer came in that meant we could secure say Fontaine and Fyvie on longer term deals?? A tough choice but if the offer suits Hibs....