hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox

Hibs 15/16 team preview

So, with Oxley ,Cerny, Fontaine, Stevenson, Fyvie, Robertson, McGeouch and Craig all out of contract in the summer, who do you honestly believe will stay?

I personally think that Oxley, Fyvie and Craig won't be at Easter Road next year. I can definitely see Stubbs offering new deals to Stevenson and Robertson. Which leaves us with Fontaine and McGeouch.

As for Fontaine, his contract is now up at Hibs. For me personally, I'd be going all guns blazing to get this guy signed up. He's been one of the best centre back's at Hibs in a very, very long time and has brought Hanlon and Forster's games on leaps and bounds. If he was to sign on at Easter Road, he'd be my new club captain.

McGeouch, on the other hand, has a clause in his contract at Celtic where they have the option of giving him a further year on his contract. It looks unlikely for Celtic to keep him on which would mean he'd become a free agent. He may not be the flair player that Scotty Allan is, but Dylan did bring s vast amount of energy and hard work to our midfield. On Saturday, I thought Dylan was our Man of the Match because he worked his heart out for the cause and for the Hibs strip, something which I haven't seen from many loan players at Easter Road in past years.

As for the team, I believe it may look one of two ways...

With Fontaine and McGeouch:

GK - New
    CB's - Fontaine, Hanlon and Forster
    RWB - Gray
    LWB - Stevenson
    CM's - New, Allan and McGeouch
    ST's - New and Cummings/El Alagui

Without Fontaine and McGeouch:

GK - New
    CB's - New, Forster and Hanlon
    RWB - Gray
    LWB - Stevenson
    CM's - New, New and Allan

Would you agree?

Who would you like to see at ER next season?

EDIT; hopefully Martin Boyle also stays at Hibs. Very good player to have on the right hand side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FromTheCapital; 25-05-2015 at 11:06 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, with Oxley ,Cerny, Fontaine, Stevenson, Fyvie, Robertson, McGeouch and Craig all out of contract in the summer, who do you honestly believe will stay?

I personally think that Oxley, Fyvie and Craig won't be at Easter Road next year. I can definitely see Stubbs offering new deals to Stevenson and Robertson. Which leaves us with Fontaine and McGeouch.

As for Fontaine, his contract is now up at Hibs. For me personally, I'd be going all guns blazing to get this guy signed up. He's been one of the best centre back's at Hibs in a very, very long time and has brought Hanlon and Forster's games on leaps and bounds. If he was to sign on at Easter Road, he'd be my new club captain.

McGeouch, on the other hand, has a clause in his contract at Celtic where they have the option of giving him a further year on his contract. It looks unlikely for Celtic to keep him on which would mean he'd become a free agent. He may not be the flair player that Scotty Allan is, but Dylan did bring s vast amount of energy and hard work to our midfield. On Saturday, I thought Dylan was our Man of the Match because he worked his heart out for the cause and for the Hibs strip, something which I haven't seen from many loan players at Easter Road in past years.

GK - New
    RWB - Gray
    LWB - Stevenson

Without Fontaine and Hanlon:

GK - New
    RWB - Gray
    LWB - Stevenson

Would you agree?

You have missed Boyle out of your ooc list.

Your second team has without Hanlon and then he is listed in team, pretty sure you meant Dylan McGeouch.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    You have missed Boyle out of your ooc list.

Your second team has without Hanlon and then he is listed in team, pretty sure you meant Dylan McGeouch.
    It was late haha. Edited now bud.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Malonga?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post

GK - New
    RWB - Gray
    LWB - Stevenson

Without Fontaine and McGeouch:

GK - New
    RWB - Gray
    LWB - Stevenson

Would you agree?

EDIT; hopefully Martin Boyle also stays at Hibs. Very good player to have on the right hand side.

We need someone who is a threat from 20 or so yards out. Opposition defences know they can pack the box, and our forwards will struggle for time and space.

Even if we lose Allan, it would appear to be a blow and almost impossible to replace, but we may be more productive with someone who scores those kinds of goals and presents that threat.

Gamer IDs

Agreed but Allan has reiterated that he's staying and going to try and lead Hibs back to the Premiership.

First Team Breakthrough
    One of our top priorities must be a player who can score direct from free kicks, or at least has a shot. Floating the ball into box at every opportunity is infuriating! Be good to see stats of how many goals griffiths scored from free kicks compared to the last 2 seasons.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    The dismissal of Malonga from large sections of our support is truly staggering.

He doesn't run about like a headless chicken and he doesn't celebrate his goals so let's get rid of him. He's not been the best striker we have ever had but in comparison to James Collins or anyone from last season he's like Pele.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbycraig View Post
    One of our top priorities must be a player who can score direct from free kicks, or at least has a shot. Floating the ball into box at every opportunity is infuriating! Be good to see stats of how many goals griffiths scored from free kicks compared to the last 2 seasons.
    Imagine if we could convert some of those crosses as well!

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbycraig View Post
    Surprisingly Griffiths only ever scored 2 free kicks in his 2 seasons with us (although he also scored 1 direct from a corner against Killie and had one not given against Hearts when it practically hit the back of the net)

In the last 2 seasons we've scored 3 from direct free kicks (1 from Stanton, 1 from Craig and 1 from Allan)

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    Surprisingly Griffiths only ever scored 2 free kicks in his 2 seasons with us (although he also scored 1 direct from a corner against Killie and had one not given against Hearts when it practically hit the back of the net)

In the last 2 seasons we've scored 3 from direct free kicks (1 from Stanton, 1 from Craig and 1 from Allan)
    Didn't expect that! Must of just been the excitement o what could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post

Though it would have been 3 with remotely competent officials who could spot a ball crossing the line by a full yard.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    The dismissal of Malonga from large sections of our support is truly staggering.

He doesn't run about like a headless chicken and he doesn't celebrate his goals so let's get rid of him. He's not been the best striker we have ever had but in comparison to James Collins or anyone from last season he's like Pele.
    This is how it feels

I think malonga in general has been brilliant this season, I also think he is a very easy target for a lot of fans to shout At and spit the dummy out at.

Because he isn't the type to wipe the opposition out or run about like a idiot some fans think that is a lack of passion.

I don't know who else we could sign in this league who would be better.

I often think people forget we are a team in the championship, the players we attract aren't going to be like the ones you see on sky sports 1 on a Saturday afternoon playing for Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think malonga in general has been brilliant this season, I also think he is a very easy target for a lot of fans to shout At and spit the dummy out at.

Because he isn't the type to wipe the opposition out or run about like a idiot some fans think that is a lack of passion.

I don't know who else we could sign in this league who would be better.

I often think people forget we are a team in the championship, the players we attract aren't going to be like the ones you see on sky sports 1 on a Saturday afternoon playing for Chelsea

Decent goal ratio but his conversion rate is shocking, if he had more composure he'd have bagged 30+ goals this season, you can add Cummings to that as well. In too many games I watch chance after chance going begging, then it was either a draw or a loss, needs to change.
    Last edited by J-C; 26-05-2015 at 12:12 AM.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Oxley - Think he will be snapped up from down south
    Cerny - Deserves a chance if the Ox leaves
    Fontaine - A new deal is a must
    Stevenson - we need better in the team if we are to improve, release.
    Fyvie - Been impressive since signing, new deal
    Robertson - Although much improved this year I think he will be released.
    McGeouch - We will be doing well to sign him permanently, Important player for us.
    Craig - Released.

We need to cut our cloth accordingly, quality over quantity is even more important now.