hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players leaving

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You correct, what's the rush. We should just leave till everyone has been on holiday then come back and see where we are at then. It worked well for us last year so should be ok this year.
    Don't know what I'm worried about.
    That isn't what he said, he said what is important is who we start the season with and I agree I don't think it is important that we find out immediately who is leaving.

Interesting that you were commenting on aggressive reactions to your posts.... no idea why with quality sarcasm like that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Not sure anything will happen? What's your point?
    I can't speak for Brooster but my point would be that its threads like this that can cause the club problems. You didn't make it clear that your expectation was utter speculation and some dafties might take it as you saying there will be an announcement today. When that doesn't happen, it's not you that gets criticised for poor wording, it's the club for 'telling us nothing' or some such pish.

Quote Originally Posted by mchibee View Post
    That isn't what he said, he said what is important is who we start the season with and I agree I don't think it is important that we find out immediately who is leaving.

Interesting that you were commenting on aggressive reactions to your posts.... no idea why with quality sarcasm like that.

im 100% certain JC will leave

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    im 100% certain JC will leave
    As in Jason Cummings?

Why?

First Team Breakthrough
    Alan Stubbs already mentioned the need for a good pre-season and I expect him and Leanne already had contingency plans if we didn't go up which was never a certaint Keep the Faith and give it another shot next year Have a good Summer

Quote Originally Posted by mchibee View Post

The reason that I said I expect an announcement is that is what usually happens. The club announce that some players are moving on and we thank them for their service. It's usually done on the Monday or Tuesday after the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I can't speak for Brooster but my point would be that its threads like this that can cause the club problems. You didn't make it clear that your expectation was utter speculation and some dafties might take it as you saying there will be an announcement today. When that doesn't happen, it's not you that gets criticised for poor wording, it's the club for 'telling us nothing' or some such pish.
    Apologies to all the dafties, I poorly worded my original post. I was speculating that we may release some players today. We may not. It may be tomorrow. Or later. Or not at all and we may go into next season with the same squad (we'd need a whole new thread for that).
    Hope that's cleared things up so as not to cause too much trouble for the club.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    As in Jason Cummings?

Why?

Just based on the fact swansea were interested in him last summer, that was when he had only scored a couple of goals and had been in the first team for 6 months. Now with a full season under his belt and finishing top goal scorer in the league, including some high profile goals it wouldnt suprise me if some teams put a bid in

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    Just based on the fact swansea were interested in him last summer, that was when he had only scored a couple of goals and had been in the first team for 6 months. Now with a full season under his belt and finishing top goal scorer in the league, including some high profile goals it wouldnt suprise me if some teams put a bid in
    Got told QPR are interested in him

Left by mutual consent!
    McGeouch unlikely to be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Strange one as I don't see him getting into the Celtc midfield so unless he has other offers in the SPL then staying here and playing regular 1st team football would be beneficial surely?

First Team Breakthrough
    Mcgeouch said he hasn't a clue what's happening Robertson said he hopes to be here next season Fyvie said he would be back next season oxley is another that doesn't know what's happening..All from the players themselves after the game on Saturday frank says he's returning to France although I'm not sure if he meant for a holiday or for good

Quote Originally Posted by kevo1875 View Post
    Got told QPR are interested in him
    Lose Charlie Austin, bring in Jason Cummings.....

Dylan was being watched by a chief scout from a club in England for a few games last season. Not sure if they are going to follow up on there interest though.

First Team Breakthrough
    You said 100% sure earlier? That assumes without doubt that he will be away, then you follow up with it wouldn't surprise you if some teams put bids in for him?

Not saying he will/won't go but seems like your 2nd post would have been sufficient rather than having your initial "100%" post before it?

Quote Originally Posted by PPZPOL View Post
    You said 100% sure earlier? That assumes without doubt that he will be away, then you follow up with it wouldn't surprise you if some teams put bids in for him?

Not saying he will/won't go but seems like your 2nd post would have been sufficient rather than having your initial "100%" post before it?
    Sensitive wee guy you ain't you.

My 100% certain was based on opinion, sorry if you took this the wrong way thinking it was in anyway factual.

Like I said I think based on the fact he attracted interest last season when he hadn't accomplished anything of note, it's a cert that he will have clubs chasing him this summer, and that he will leave

My 100% certain was based on opinion, sorry if you took this the wrong way thinking it was in anyway factual.

Like I said I think based on the fact he attracted interest last season when he hadn't accomplished anything of note, it's a cert that he will have clubs chasing him this summer, and that he will leave
    Complete certainty more than implies factual knowledge, so the previous poster was justified in assuming you had some kind of scoop. Thinking that he will leave on no basis other than some rumours that were perpetuated but never confirmed from a year ago surely can't entail certainty? You're welcome to think that, and the reasoning is there to be seen, but it definitely read as if you had some inside knowledge.

Left by mutual consent!
    Liam Craig away.

First Team Breakthrough

Sensitive wee guy? You've kind of proved my point with this follow up, you can't be 100% certain if its just an opinion if you know nothing about it? Your first post said he was away 100%, not 90 or even 99.5% so you've not left any room for error there. That's like me saying he is 100% staying, I have nothing to back that up mind you but there you go.

He may go as we look to cash in. FWIW getting back to proper football chat - I'd say staying would be best for both parties, he needs to improve aspects of his game and he needs to have another season under belt, he's still young and has time on side.

Liam Craig away.
    Thought the club would try and announce on website first. Either way, good decision.

Rather than read pure speculation on here I'll wait until the players tweet their farewells or the Daily Record makes up some pish.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Rather than read pure speculation on here I'll wait until the players tweet their farewells or the Daily Record makes up some pish.
    There are some quotes from Craig so seems legit.

I think the right decision for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    There are some quotes from Craig so seems legit.

I think the right decision for both parties.
    The 27-year-old midfielder said: “Obviously I’m disappointed at the way things have gone but I have nothing but good things to say about the club and the people there.

“You saw from the way the fans reacted at the end on Saturday that there’s a belief things are moving in the right direction, and I want to wish them all the best for the future.

“But I understand the club have hard choices to make with another season in the Championship to come, so I just need to look for a fresh challenge elsewhere now.

“I’ve captained the club through a difficult time but it was an honour to do it and I know I have a lot still to offer.”