hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Didn't really have much expectations after last season and crap pre season but Stubbs improved us and think we needed couple of players who could mix it up a bit like hearts and rangers had in their sides

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think anyone was doing that.

He posted a fairly controversial opinion - fair enough, that is his opinion.

But you can't slate our failings over the past few games as being down to a lack of desire and heart to win a big game without expecting to be challenged by someone, somewhere.

And if the easiest way for someone to do that it to gently mock in some way then so be it.
    Fair enough but look through most threads over the last couple of years and most will have accusations of someone being a roaster or Yam if your opinion is not a popular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Why should he change his user name though if people are to quick or thick to name call him despite his high post count.

He's moaning about his username being mocked, change the bloody thing then, if you call yourself a lunatic and post controversial posts, people will mock the name Lunatic.

Fair enough but look through most threads over the last couple of years and most will have accusations of someone being a roaster or Yam if your opinion is not a popular one.
    You have a point there and it does my nut in too. Lazily labelling folk Yams is rubbish, very different to arguing a point or even just voicing disagreement with the point made.

I had a heated exchange with someone on here a few months ago after a honking result, I think we were "debating" the merits of Liam Craig at the time. It was a bit heated and we ended up deleting most of our posts/ had them deleted for us.

In one of his posts he suggested that I should change my username to "Spangle" which once I'd cooled down I realised was one of the funniest posts I'd seen anyone make in weeks.

Left by mutual consent!
    The lunatic 7 is actually nothing to do wh being a lunatic and is actually what my dad had put on the back my 2001 hibs home top. A play on luna's name.

Left by mutual consent!
    But anyway, That's about the 40000000th post thats mentioned my username. Or the "lunatic has taken over the asylum" or "lunatic by name" bla bla .. It's very unoriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    You have a point there and it does my nut in too. Lazily labelling folk Yams is rubbish, very different to arguing a point or even just voicing disagreement with the point made.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    But anyway, That's about the 40000000th post thats mentioned my username. Or the "lunatic has taken over the asylum" or "lunatic by name" bla bla .. It's very unoriginal.
    What do you expect on a fitba fans forum, subtle?
    If somebody throws real abuse at you then report it and it will be dealt with. I don't think for a second you would have changed your user name to that if you were overly delicate about it being used to take the mickey a bit though.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    What do you expect on a fitba fans forum, subtle?
    If somebody throws real abuse at you then report it and it will be dealt with. I don't think for a second you would have changed your user name to that if you were overly delicate about it being used to take the mickey a bit though.
    I'm not offended in the slightest. I'm amused that people think they're being uniquely funny when, in reality, they're as unorginal as the last 20 folk who said it. Just for having a different view.

I'm not offended in the slightest. I'm amused that people think they're being uniquely funny when, in reality, they're as unorginal as the last 20 folk who said it. Just for having a different view.
    I'm sure your big enough and ugly enough to keep arguing your case. Ya *******loony.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    according to the BBC - we had 7 shots on target on Saturday alone

How many did the team that finished blow us have? Since that is what I said...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I'm sure your big enough and ugly enough to keep arguing your case. Ya *******loony.
    Great so now im being called ugly too.

Hibs.net has become such an angry place..

Great so now im being called ugly too.

Hibs.net has become such an angry place..

I could be really petty and quote some of the posters that predicted in August that we were more likely to be playing in the Relegation rather than the Promotion Play Offs, but I won't

Suffice it to say, that kind of talk was a result of the state we were in at the beginning of the season and the terrible start we endured.

Given that, I'm sure most people would have very much doubted that we could have finished second.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I bet the doomers read the thread title as Honest expectations from the season? - gone! I know I did
    Basically I don't have too big a thing about which league we're in as long as the team turns up and plays proper football. Anything more is a bonus.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I'll retract the "lunatic" jibe when you can point out to me at what point over the two legs we showed lack of desire or heart. Nothing to do with having a different opinion but just one that is so far off the mark that it's just plain crazy. Lack of ability I'll give you but that's about it.
    Last edited by greenlex; 25-05-2015 at 04:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    You've no got enough posts to your name to be safe from the uber fans wrath for having a different opinion than theirs.

This is is why so many past posters have given this place a wide berth for a while now as as soon as your opinion goes against the grain your shouted down for being a Yam or a roaster.
    If you believe the same as lunatic 7 you could maybe change your name to half pist.
    Last edited by greenlex; 25-05-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep. Some yam cockroaches i think.
    No idea why 3 or 4 of these posters are still here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I'll retract the "lunatic" jibe when you can point out to me at what point over the two legs we showed lack of desire or heart. Nothing to do with having a different opinion but just one that is so far off the mark that it's just plain crazy. Lack of ability I'll give you but that's about it.
    When teams get in our faces and defend we don't have the fight to take it to them. Rangers were throwing bodies on the line left and centre for the cause and we didn't have an answer. At the time when we just needed someone to be brave and stick their head, leg, shoulder.. Anything on the end of a cross and get in front of their man we couldn't manage it.

Good teams make it happen. See hearts this season.. Behind to your rivals? Rivals playing well? Then bang one in from 20+ yards if you have to. Just for God sake don't get beat.

When teams get in our faces and defend we don't have the fight to take it to them. Rangers were throwing bodies on the line left and centre for the cause and we didn't have an answer. At the time when we just needed someone to be brave and stick their head, leg, shoulder.. Anything on the end of a cross and get in front of their man we couldn't manage it.

Good teams make it happen. See hearts this season.. Behind to your rivals? Rivals playing well? Then bang one in from 20+ yards if you have to. Just for God sake don't get beat.
    Sorry but if thats the definition of 'bottling it' then that applies to any team who have ever lost a game of football?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Sorry but if thats the definition of 'bottling it' then that applies to any team who have ever lost a game of football?
    I've been critical of them for the results in both the SC semi final and the playoff. But we definitely didn't bottle it. The players all got on the ball and tried to win the games.

We just weren't good enough and it wasn't down to lack of bottle. You just need to be ruthless in the big games and we weren't, defensively or going forward.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I've been critical of them for the results in both the SC semi final and the playoff. But we definitely didn't bottle it. The players all got on the ball and tried to win the games.

We just weren't good enough and it wasn't down to lack of bottle. You just need to be ruthless in the big games and we weren't, defensively or going forward.
    I never once said we bottled it.

I said we lacked desire and failed in a big game yet again. Lacking the required desire and lacking bravery are totally different things.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    If you believe the same as lunatic 7 you could maybe change your name to half pist.
    Maybe time the uber fan went back into his wardrobe.

Left by mutual consent!
    We just didn't do enough. We play good football and are brave and get on the ball but we lack the ability to get it done on the big occasion. We play well and hope it happens. But good teams don't hope it happens, they make it happen.

I never once said we bottled it.

I said we lacked desire and failed in a big game yet again. Lacking the required desire and lacking bravery are totally different things.
    Agree we failed in the big games again. But I don't agree that we lacked desire. The players desperately wanted to win and were on the front foot for much of the two games, or three of you include the cup game. We just lacked quality IMO.

A lack of composure yes but not a lack of desire, this was more evident on saturday as I watched so many snatching at shots or going for long shots from distance and the ball sailing wide or straight to the keeper. Did the post, crossbar and a wonderful keeper display make us bottle merchants against Falkirk NO.

We just didn't do enough. We play good football and are brave and get on the ball but we lack the ability to get it done on the big occasion. We play well and hope it happens. But good teams don't hope it happens, they make it happen.
    Despite the fantastic job Stubbs has done to turn us into a decent team, it has become apparent that this is the philosophy Stubbs takes into games. He doesn't seem to have the ability to change games when things are not going our way.

But he's still inexperienced and hopefully he knows where things have gone wrong. Our bench is not exactly the strongest either.

The club stated our aim was promotion and we didn't' achieve that.

Tbh having got past the initial disappointment of Sunday I can accept that was always a big ask given how behind we were in our preparation. We simply must hit the ground running next season, no excuses.

I expected another season in the championship and here we are.....looking forward the title next season

Quote Originally Posted by Super Leigh View Post
    Despite the fantastic job Stubbs has done to turn us into a decent team, it has become apparent that this is the philosophy Stubbs takes into games. He doesn't seem to have the ability to change games when things are not going our way.

But he's still inexperienced and hopefully he knows where things have gone wrong. Our bench is not exactly the strongest either.
    How about on Saturday when we ended up with 4 strikers on the park, we went route one and eventually got a goal?

Ok, it wasn't enough but that was because we'd given ourselves too much to do from the first leg and we were trying to break down a well-drilled defence.

Stubbs is still learning and over the season I would say that your criticism might just about be justified. But I thought he shook it up on Saturday and did just about as much as could be expected with the players at his disposal.