hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Was unsure about him at times but over the course of the season I've generally liked Oxley. Good luck to him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Oxley did well for us, so if he is away then it's with my best wishes.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    A decent keeper who is certainly good enough for the Scottish championship. Don't remember him making too many mistakes(Alloa Scottish cup), however I don't remember him making any amazing saves either. Like literally none which is odd

Oxley is giving up the home he was renting, moving back to Sheffild until his agent sorts out a club for him. That could still be Hibs possibly. I would guess if he gets an offer shortly he would buy somewhere up here rather than rent. Who knows but certainly nothing been offered to him as of of yet.

stubbs will obviously be with us next year but I worry after that, how long can a guy be separated from his family as much as he is and shacking with his two coaches.

Coaching Staff
    Probably the first of a number leaving soon.

Has the right build and height for a decent goalie, seems to suffer from lapses in concentration though, like yesterday he played a dodgy pass out from the back in the first half and he seems to struggle to hold onto a ball from a cross or ball lobbed into the box.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    good luck to the guy, certainly not the worst keeper we've had at ER over the last several years...and he did help us on the way to our first 3 points the season just ended

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Utter nonsense he did very well for Hibs. Good organiser, excellent distribution and solid.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Has the right build and height for a decent goalie, seems to suffer from lapses in concentration though, like yesterday he played a dodgy pass out from the back in the first half and he seems to struggle to hold onto a ball from a cross or ball lobbed into the box.
    Seem to remember him making an amazing save the first half yesterday? Maybe just my selective memory...

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Seem to remember him making an amazing save the first half yesterday? Maybe just my selective memory...
    I've admitted he's gone some way to proving me wrong regarding his shot stopping but there's no way any save he made yesterday can be classed as amazing. In fact don't think he's made an amazing save since he joined us.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I've admitted he's gone some way to proving me wrong regarding his shot stopping but there's no way any save he made yesterday can be classed as amazing. In fact don't think he's made an amazing save since he joined us.
    Ok then, maybe he just made an average, full stretch, finger tipped save to his right yesterday.

My mistake, apologies.

We get the message you don't rate him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    My criticism of Oxley was always that he never seemed to save anything. I admit over the last couple of months he's started to win me round a bit but If he does leave I'll still not be bothered.

Cerny of three years ago would appear to be a good replacement, if those that have seen him recently say otherwise then it's probably best to look elsewhere although maybe with a good pre season he might find his old form again.
    Yep. I lost count of the number of times this season where Oxley conceded a goal from the oppositions only shot (or shots) on target.

Ok then, maybe he just made an average, full stretch, finger tipped save to his right yesterday.

My mistake, apologies.
    No need to apologise.

I don't remember any amazing save, if it happened I've forgotten about it.

@hibs.net private member
    It's a strange one this. He's a goalie that's hardly made any mistakes (certainly one that cost us) yet a lot are waving him off without a grumble.

He's made saves that've kept us in games - Ibrox late on on Wednesday night and in the 1st half yesterday as well as in other games - Falkirk in the 3-3 game springs to mind.

Bingo. Not on here to argue with fellow Hibees, but can you list me better keepers we've had in the last 15 years or so?

I'm a wee bit older than you (not much mind) but I'm struggling to count a significant number.

And remember Ben Williams helped get us relegated so he doesn't count

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    We get the message you don't rate him.
    Good stuff, I can get back to relentlessly criticising Lewis Stevenson now then.

@hibs.net private member
    Good stuff, I can get back to relentlessly criticising Lewis Stevenson now then.
    You won't need to - Man U will be picking him up on a Bosman.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Seemed okay for me. Not outstanding but mostly did the job he was paid for.

You have lost me

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar

My mistake, apologies.
    that was a fantastic save , he is a good goalie and some on here are glad to see him go, when you look back at the keepers we have had he is been one off the better ones .

Bingo. Not on here to argue with fellow Hibees, but can you list me better keepers we've had in the last 15 years or so?

I'm a wee bit older than you (not much mind) but I'm struggling to count a significant number.

And remember Ben Williams helped get us relegated so he doesn't count
    Most of our keepers during that time have been gash so it won't be a long list.

I thought Williams was a significantly better shot stopper but I also found him to be a bit over rated. He made a lot of mistakes but they got glossed over as he was so popular due to his penalty saving. Overall though I'd probably prefer Williams.

I liked Graham stack for us, ***** with crosses but I think our defence knew that and dealt with it.

Other than that probably looking at Daniel Anderson, although I can't really remember that much about him tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    that was a fantastic save , he is a good goalie and some on here are glad to see him go, when you look back at the keepers we have had he is been one off the better ones .
    It was. The angle I watched it from saw the ball swerve round a couple of defenders before Oxley could have seen it. Was going in at the post before his full length dive provided the save. Also had a great save, late on at Ibrox when Foster cut inside from the right and hit a left foot shot that was going under the bar before Oxley tipped it over.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    Yep. I lost count of the number of times this season where Oxley conceded a goal from the oppositions only shot (or shots) on target.
    And I've lost count the number of times our strikers missed a shot at goal, or never laid the ball off to the other striker, or the number of times our midfield gave the ball away or never tracked back, or when our full backs never beat the defender to get a ball in the box or the number of times our centre halves were out jumped at corners or the number of times we never found our player at set pieces....

I guess we need a whole new team?

Lets be sensible about this.

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    Would you care to list these multiple examples?
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    It was. The angle I watched it from saw the ball swerve round a couple of defenders before Oxley could have seen it. Was going in at the post before his full length dive provided the save. Also had a great save, late on at Ibrox when Foster cut inside from the right and hit a left foot shot that was going under the bar before Oxley tipped it over.
    Thanks Jonny.

I'm not advocating he's a Goram for us but I do think he's the best (or most reliable) we've had in a long time.

Thanks Jonny.

I'm not advocating he's a Goram for us but I do think he's the best (or most reliable) we've had in a long time.
    True, as there's only one Oxley
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    True, as there's only one Oxley

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    [/B]

Utter nonsense he did very well for Hibs. Good organiser, excellent distribution and solid.
    Best distribution I've seen from a Hibs keeper,, a side of the game that a lot of people underate, I think he was a really good keeper.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    good luck to ox, he done alright for us imo

cerny was only signed until the end of the season so looks as though we will be in the hunt for 2 keepers, could be an interesting pre-season but i trust stubbs to deliver