hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rod Petrie

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised it took you over 100 posts to comment and start banging your Rod is God pish on here. Busy this weekend?

Where did I do that? There's only one of us talking pish.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Of course we can't blame him, he brought in scapegoat Leanne Depmster.

As I said, you lot bought the bull shiete!
    Hahahahha absolute clueless! The 'scapegoat' as you call Leeann is turning this club around. It's nonsense posts like yours that gives us proper hibs fans bad name. If Hearts and Rangers, potentially two of the big clubs you are referring to, weren't in the same second tier like us we no longer would be.

Absolutely hilarious your your thought in this.....

Thats the point. The club is haemorraging supporters left right and centre and people on here tonight are attacking me because I think Rod Petrie is causing this.

I personally think it's a shame that people who want Petrie removed from ER are scared to raise their heads above the parapets.

The Admin team on here were pretty quick out of the blocks at the end of last season when they signed a letter to the board asking that Petrie be removed. I don't recall anybody who signed that letter deciding that they want him to stay after all. Which makes your assertion that anybody here would be scared to ask for RP's removal look rather silly.
    Last edited by marinello59; 24-05-2015 at 07:45 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

you get what you pay for. his words not mine

Is he still here?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Is he still here?

Yep, and he will be until the 51% shares in the club are bought by the fans.

Its all part of the cunning plan to move the shares.

Even if our Rod falls off the twig he will not be gone. Its been arranged that his body will be embalmed and continue to sit in the directors box on match days , resplendent in his Hibs blazer and tie smirking at us for eternity.

So, to get rid, get signed up to HSL. You know its the only way !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserclem View Post
    Hahahahha absolute clueless! The 'scapegoat' as you call Leeann is turning this club around. It's nonsense posts like yours that gives us proper hibs fans bad name. If Hearts and Rangers, potentially two of the big clubs you are referring to, weren't in the same second tier like us we no longer would be.

Absolutely hilarious your your thought in this.....
    Nothing has been turned around, so people can say it as much as they want but it won't make it true. We were a second tier club when her and Stubbs arrived and we'll still be one next season.

There was no excuse not to compete with Hearts or at worst actually go up through the playoffs ahead of a Rangers team who have been laughed at by the rest of Scotland all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Nothing has been turned around, so people can say it as much as they want but it won't make it true. We were a second tier club when her and Stubbs arrived and we'll still be one next season.

There was no excuse not to compete with Hearts or at worst actually go up through the playoffs ahead of a Rangers team who have been laughed at by the rest of Scotland all season.

I find your derogatory way of speaking about Leanne Dempster quite deplorable, even calling he the scapegoat in another post. I think we are all annoyed and disappointed we didn't pregress on saturday but this season hasn't been a complete failure considering the absolute shambles we found ourselves in last year, your posts this past 2-3 days are very negative to say the least.

While I don't think he has as much influence as he used to, I think Petrie's mere presence still has a negative effect on our club's relationship with supporters. I think it's fair to say that the majority of fans would like to see him completely removed.

I have no idea why he is still hanging about like a bad smell. The transition period that he was supposed to be helping with is surely over.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

If you really think nothing has changed since this time last year there is no point in arguing with you.
    The best thing you could do is go away and forget about the club and let the rest of us get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Franck View Post
    While I don't think he has as much influence as he used to, I think Petrie's mere presence still has a negative effect on our club's relationship with supporters. I think it's fair to say that the majority of fans would like to see him completely removed.

I have no idea why he is still hanging about like a bad smell. The transition period that he was supposed to be helping with is surely over.

He's still here because LD is only CEO, we still need a chairman at the club to oversee the board room and he's still there as Sir Tom's man on the board.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Disagree.

If there had been no change, we wouldnt even be in the position to challenge for that playoff place - remember 5 weeks in? Think we were a couple of games off bottom? Certainly closer to bottom than top?

Well that was Stubbs in the job about 2 months, and by that time the damage was already done. Him and his team have done really well and I expect us to go one better next season.

You need to go and have a lie down somewhere, or at the very least stop posting until you have calmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He's still here because LD is only CEO, we still need a chairman at the club to oversee the board room and he's still there as Sir Tom's man on the board.
    If he was to leave tomorrow, what possible negative impact could it have? We are asked to believe that his influence is virtually nil now, so I don't understand the need for him to stay.

I'm sure Leanne is more than capable of communicating with Farmer when need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Franck View Post
    If he was to leave tomorrow, what possible negative impact could it have? We are asked to believe that his influence is virtually nil now, so I don't understand the need for him to stay.

I'm sure Leanne is more than capable of communicating with Farmer when need be.

Pretty sure the club still needs a chairman for the boardroom, he is a chairman without the power to make decisions nowadays, that has all gone to Leanne. I'm pretty sure he's after the big gig at the SFA but needs to still on the board of a club to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Pretty sure the club still needs a chairman for the boardroom, he is a chairman without the power to make decisions nowadays, that has all gone to Leanne. I'm pretty sure he's after the big gig at the SFA but needs to still on the board of a club to do that.
    So the only reason he is still here is to get a job with the SFA.

Given his track record at Hibs I sincerely hope he gets nowhere near any job he wants at he SFA.

The sooner he is away from Hibs the better. Resigning yesterday would have been nice.

Of course we can't blame him, he brought in scapegoat Leanne Depmster.

As I said, you lot bought the bull shiete!
    I agree that Petrie's continued presence around Easter Road is still a divisive factor.... But for you that seems to mean should he stay or should he go is what's dividing the fans. That's not the issue, everybody wants him gone, it just that as things stand now for most of us it has become more of a side issue than it was and there is good reason for that.

If as you say Leeann Dempster is a scapegoat then I wish to hell that the boardroom was stuffed with Petrie scapegoats. From the day she walked into the club she has conducted herself with dignity and not only that has backed up her words with action ..... When she arrived everybody was ready to laugh at Petrie's poodle .......... everybody, me included, was wrong. No matter how sceptical folk were at the beginning you cant deny the evidence of your own eyes.

No we didn't go up .... do you think you are the only one who is gutted that we didn't? .... Yes Petrie brought us to this, but it wasn't his fault we didn't go up. We are unfortunate that in the nick of time the Huns got themselves an experienced manager who knew what he was doing ... in the play off he got his team to play the game we would normally have played in the old days against a team better than us and he got away with it.

We have a manager now who has improved the team out of all recognition from the one which got relegated, no small feat considering the standing start he was forced to begin from .... I'm struggling to think of a manager in our price range who could have done better in the circumstances.

If you and others want to put our current failure to get promoted down to Petrie that's fine, there is no doubt our starting position in this league is down to him and the incompetent manager he appointed. But if you are suggesting that folk abandon the club now, just as an obviously competent CEO is changing everything about the club and we have a manager who knows a decent player when he sees one and has his team playing football light years better than it was then in all honesty you need to take the Petrie blinkers off and acknowledge the advances that have been made.