hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rod Petrie

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rod is an administrator. He belongs in a behind the scenes position. The chairman and Chief Executive roles saw him promoted far beyond his abilities.

He held overall responsibility yet ruthlessly sacked numerous managers and executives when the club started to struggle. His lack of vision and leadership led many of these professionals to the dole queue and in some cases their careers have never recovered. He also has been responsible for ordering Regan and Doncaster to sack the head of SDS. The man has no dignity, no shame, no honour.

I remember regularly hearing how his performances at board meetings were rambling, shambolic, unable to keep on topic. He attended a Q&A at the Hibs Club, failed to answer the first three questions, repeated other answers and came over as football's answer to Captain Mannering.

His board is hand-picked with corporate types who think as he does. It lacks entrepreneurial flair, dynamism and creativity. Leanne has her work cut out.
    Whilst agreeing that Rod should go could you please provide proof that he ordered the head of the SDS to be sacked and his reasons for doing so. You seem to have an insight into these things that most of us don't. Thanks.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Rod is an administrator. He belongs in a behind the scenes position. The chairman and Chief Executive roles saw him promoted far beyond his abilities.

He held overall responsibility yet ruthlessly sacked numerous managers and executives when the club started to struggle. His lack of vision and leadership led many of these professionals to the dole queue and in some cases their careers have never recovered. He also has been responsible for ordering Regan and Doncaster to sack the head of SDS. The man has no dignity, no shame, no honour.

I remember regularly hearing how his performances at board meetings were rambling, shambolic, unable to keep on topic. He attended a Q&A at the Hibs Club, failed to answer the first three questions, repeated other answers and came over as football's answer to Captain Mannering.

His board is hand-picked with corporate types who think as he does. It lacks entrepreneurial flair, dynamism and creativity. Leanne has her work cut out.
    That's some u-turn. You were forever telling us that BH, BL etc were "good Hibby's" before.......

Re the accusation about PG from SDS, I was under the impression that this was due to the unauthorised use of the Hibs crest, naw

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I am one of RP's fiercest critics, but no amount of discussion is going to change anything, whilst STF remains our owner....
    Goodness me it's getting worse, time for bed I think.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by skinthibby View Post
    when i think of outright failure in life i now simply call it the "rod petrie".

How the 4th biggest club in scotland (with 3rd potential) is about to spend it's second season in the lower league and people accept this is beyond belief!

You lot need to wake up and smell the effing coffee!
    boaring

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    To be fair to BF, I think he meant that Rod is staying because STF wants him to
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    That's some u-turn. You were forever telling us that BH, BL etc were "good Hibby's" before.......

Re the accusation about PG from SDS, I was under the impression that this was due to the unauthorised use of the Hibs crest, naw
    You are forgetting his covering of David Forsyth's back at one point as well. If the club had a problem pre-Dempster then Forsyth was a big part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    To be fair to BF, I think he meant that Rod is staying because STF wants him to
    Put better than I did, cheers
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    You are forgetting his covering of David Forsyth's back at one point as well. If the club had a problem pre-Dempster then Forsyth was a big part of it.
    Could you not make the meeting that time either?

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Could you not make the meeting that time either?

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Yes this again. When a country goes tits up you normally remove the person at the top. Not Hibs though - we employ someone else to blame!
    Tiresome.....

Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    Tiresome.....
    He may have a point though.

When I think of outright failure in life I now simply call it the "Rod Petrie".

How the 4th biggest club in Scotland (with 3rd potential) is about to spend it's second season in the lower league and people accept this is beyond belief!

You lot need to wake up and smell the effing coffee!
    This is a serious question:
    Please tell me how you (or any other Hibs fan) managed to come to that conclusion

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    This is a serious question:
    Please tell me how you (or any other Hibs fan) managed to come to that conclusion
    In terms of fanbase and resources we must be top four. We have the third largest club stadium capacity, and our budget must be amongst the largest.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Of course we can't blame him, he brought in scapegoat Leanne Depmster.

As I said, you lot bought the bull shiete!
    Well said. Oh, and if has escaped anybody's attention, Hibs receive 250K for staying down. On top of the 500k for getting relegated. Long term strategy has been achieved.

Well done Farmer and Petrie.

Promising Youngster DownInAlbion's Avatar
    We collectively man handle him 10000 miles from ER! (That would be a start at least).
    I know it was an early kick off but you cant be that drunk? Enough of this rubbish we have enough evidence to tell us that Petrie now has nothing to do with the football side of things and more than sufficient funds are available next season so therefore he is performing his job as any non-exec chairman should.

Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    Well said. Oh, and if has escaped anybody's attention, Hibs receive 250K for staying down. On top of the 500k for getting relegated. Long term strategy has been achieved.

Eh?

We are going to be in the second tier of Scottish football for two consecutive years. By my calculations, this last occurred in 1930-1932. This is not acceptable for any fan of the club and could have real ramifications for the team's finances, not to mention our ability to retain quality playing staff. I'm not part of the mob baying for petrie's blood but his stewardship has taken us there and in any other walk of life, he would have been politely moved along, all the way out the door. Many will point out that there may not be a quickly quantifiable benefit to this but he is the common denominator during the years of failure (other than the fans) and I think it's probably time for him to go.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I know a lot of people dont like Rod Petrie and a lot of points are valid but i fail to see what major changes the board could have done recently except one, they could and should have got rid of butcher earlier, each manager that has came in has had money to spend so is it the boards fault that most of these players havent been good enough? What could the board have done different this season, IMO nothing. The players over the season just werent good enough

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post

Dreary me
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

When Hibs, Hearts and Rangers where competing for 2 promotion spots I don't think any hibs fan could honestly say that they thought we where going up, we don't have the budget or fan base to compete with either of them so actually finishing 2nd is a real credit to the squad and stubbs.

Our last few seasons in the SPL we where right to complain, 4th highest income/attendance and finishing 10th or 11th, but this season we achieved what we should have when taking into consideration the opposition imo.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    When Hibs, Hearts and Rangers where competing for 2 promotion spots I don't think any hibs fan could honestly say that they thought we where going up, we don't have the budget or fan base to compete with either of them so actually finishing 2nd is a real credit to the squad and stubbs.

Our last few seasons in the SPL we where right to complain, 4th highest income/attendance and finishing 10th or 11th, but this season we achieved what we should have when taking into consideration the opposition imo.
    Are you serious ?
    How do we not have the budget or fan base to compete with hertz ?

I'm reading so much pish on here.

There is only one way for the fans to get Petrie away from Easter Road, and that is for us to own enough shares to vote him out at the AGM. That can be done either by owning shares directly or through HSL.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    His presence stinks, and will continue to until he's gone.
    The "elephant in the room" - the thought of him makes me vomit...

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    We are going to be in the second tier of Scottish football for two consecutive years. By my calculations, this last occurred in 1930-1932. This is not acceptable for any fan of the club and could have real ramifications for the team's finances, not to mention our ability to retain quality playing staff. I'm not part of the mob baying for petrie's blood but his stewardship has taken us there and in any other walk of life, he would have been politely moved along, all the way out the door. Many will point out that there may not be a quickly quantifiable benefit to this but he is the common denominator during the years of failure (other than the fans) and I think it's probably time for him to go.
    So, will that be three times in his Hibs career that we have been in the second tier?

I dont care if he is Chief Exec, Chairman or whatever - his presence is poison, you only have to see how divisive it is on here.

If he had any sense, he would call it a day and retire / go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    In terms of fanbase and resources we must be top four. We have the third largest club stadium capacity, and our budget must be amongst the largest.
    I think we are 5th on most criteria, other than stadium capacity at this time, more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Are you serious ?
    How do we not have the budget or fan base to compete with hertz ?

I'm reading so much pish on here.
    Hearts averaged 5.600 more than us per game plus are they not receiving payments from S.H.I.T?

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Hearts averaged 5.600 more than us per game plus are they not receiving payments from S.H.I.T?
    Haven't seen that referred to as Save Hearts In Trouble for a long time
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    The "elephant in the room"
    You obviously don't know what the expression means.

- the thought of him makes me vomit...
    I don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You obviously don't know what the expression means.

I don't believe you.
    Surprised it took you over 100 posts to comment and start banging your Rod is God pish on here. Busy this weekend?