hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rod Petrie

Rod Petrie

When I think of outright failure in life I now simply call it the "Rod Petrie".

How the 4th biggest club in Scotland (with 3rd potential) is about to spend it's second season in the lower league and people accept this is beyond belief!

You lot need to wake up and smell the effing coffee!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can we blame him for this season?

Don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

How the 4th biggest club in Scotland (with 3rd potential) is about to spend it's second season in the lower league and people accept this is beyond belief!

So tell us what we have to do then?

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Can we blame him for this season?

Don't think so
    Of course we can't blame him, he brought in scapegoat Leanne Depmster.

As I said, you lot bought the bull shiete!

@hibs.net private member

The fact that we were competing with the 2nd and 3rd biggest teams in Scotland for 2 possible promotion places didn't help. If we had beaten one of those to it, presumably their fans would have been within their rights to say the same thing....

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Oh my. Not this again.

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    So tell us what we have to do then?
    We collectively man handle him 10000 miles from ER! (That would be a start at least).
    Last edited by SkintHibby; 23-05-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Oh my. Not this again.
    Yes this again. When a country goes tits up you normally remove the person at the top. Not Hibs though - we employ someone else to blame!

She's a scapegoat? Good one.

Yes this again. When a country goes tits up you normally remove the person at the top. Not Hibs though - we employ someone else to blame!
    Some folk need to leave all this Petrie rubbish alone. He has done exactly what we wanted by staying out of things and leaving dempster to it, i think I've read maybe 1 statement from him all season so he has hardly been pulling strings. Like somebody else has said it's hardly his fault we didn't get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    She's a scapegoat? Good one.
    Who employed her?

Next we'll have Leanne Dempster employing someone else to blame when we spend a 3rd season in oblivion!

Ah, **** it, i'm peeing in the wind arguing with fans who accept we are gonners (not gooners).

As the man many ultimately blame for the last few years decline and being in this situation in the 1st place this kind of thing is going to keep cropping up until he goes, he's not going anywhere anytime soon though.

Personally I don't think this season would have been much different without RP as chairman.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    As the man many ultimately blame for the last few years decline and being in this situation in the 1st place this kind of thing is going to keep cropping up until he goes, he's not going anywhere anytime soon though.

Personally I don't think this season would have been much different without RP as chairman.
    Personally I think you are wrong. I also am gutted that think most Hibees probably agree with you. As long as Rod Petrie remains at Hibernian Football Club in any capacity we will remain in the lower echelons of Scottish Football.

Who employed her?

Next we'll have Leanne Dempster employing someone else to blame when we spend a 3rd season in oblivion!

Ah, **** it, i'm peeing in the wind arguing with fans who accept we are gonners (not gooners).
    Leeann Dempster has turned this club round in less than a year. She's done a fantastic job. I don't see anybody blaming her for anything. So how is she a scapegoat? Are we in oblivion? Is your name Doncaster?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

His presence stinks, and will continue to until he's gone.

Who employed her?

Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are steaming.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    The fact that we were competing with the 2nd and 3rd biggest teams in Scotland for 2 possible promotion places didn't help. If we had beaten one of those to it, presumably their fans would have been within their rights to say the same thing....
    The perfect answer and at this point the thread should have been locked.

Personally I think you are wrong. I also am gutted that think most Hibees probably agree with you. As long as Rod Petrie remains at Hibernian Football Club in any capacity we will remain in the lower echelons of Scottish Football.
    If Petrie was to go ,do you honestly think his successor would splash cash that we have not got. Most clubs now are cutting their cloth accordingly, Petrie takes blame for where we are but IMHO not for this season

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    His presence stinks, and will continue to until he's gone.
    I don't disagree.

I genuinely believe LD is running the show now though, if that makes me naive then so be it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    He effectively owns 10% of the Club. We have been given the opportunity to get rid of him by buying 51% of the shares in the Club. When we reach that figure he can be removed from any power.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don't disagree.

I genuinely believe LD is running the show now though, if that makes me naive then so be it.
    I agree.

I don't understand why he has to hang about though? Surely all hand over work has been done now?!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Jeezo! How long did it take you to come up with this utter pish.

The whole lot of you (apart from Blackpool Hibs) are missing the point. As long as Pterie remains at ER IN ANY CAPACITY then the stench of medicroty will prevail. I'm guessing most of you are young ones under 40 who don't really understand that Hibs were once a good football team that normally spends their time in the top league.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    The whole lot of you (apart from Blackpool Hibs) are missing the point. As long as Pterie remains at ER IN ANY CAPACITY then the stench of medicroty will prevail. I'm guessing most of you are young ones under 40 who don't really understand that Hibs were once a good football team that normally spends their time in the top league.
    Over 50 actually and we have been full of potential for most of the 47 years I have been going to watch them.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar

Would he have been able to score a couple of goals to get us past TheRangers?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

OK, there's the complaint, what's the answer? Please don't say get rid of Petrie. Give us all the simple and straightforward solution or **** right off back to Tynecastle.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    Some folk need to leave all this Petrie rubbish alone. He has done exactly what we wanted by staying out of things and leaving dempster to it, i think I've read maybe 1 statement from him all season so he has hardly been pulling strings. Like somebody else has said it's hardly his fault we didn't get promoted.
    How much responsibility does he bear for our initial relegation which got us here though?? A fair bit imo.

That said, I do think that we just have to look ahead and not past. In a slightly bizarre way, when I think of Hibs now compared to a year ago, I am much happier with so many things: a manager who has us playing decent football again, a chief exec who communicates, takes a stand on things that matter, defends the club and is dynamic and outstanding, better quality players, much better PR and general communication with fans, lots of new initiatives, greater involvement in the community.....and so on. I no longer see the shame on the faces of fans who sat last year with their hearts breaking as they watched some of the worst performances in living memory by a squad that by and large didn't care. Hibs today bear no relation to Hibs a year ago. I'm gutted we lost today but I am also really happy with the progress that has been made from such an appalling shambles just 12 short months ago in such a short space of time. Massive credit is due to Stubbs and Dempster for effecting so much positive change across the whole club so quickly.

I am gutted we are staying down and I share some of the frustration of people who were debating why Hibs still need to find a way to deliver on the big occasions, but in a strange way that I still don't quite understand, I am also really proud of my club once again and that is no small thing, if you think about how things have been over the last few years.
    Last edited by The Green Goblin; 23-05-2015 at 06:47 PM.

If this Petrie love in continues I'll need to rename him Kim Il Petrie ffs!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Over 60 actually and for most of that time we have managed to underachieve without Rod Petrie.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    If this Petrie love in continues I'll need to rename him Kim Il Petrie ffs!
    Where's the love in? Who on here is praising him?