Thread: Scott Allan

He loves the Hibs!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Staying apparently!! Take a look at the bottom of this.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/scott...ay-off-defeat/
    Great news!

If true, I'm confident of winning the league next season even if rangers stay down.

I am pleased to read this. However, the Laddie might have said this, without the ******* his agent has told him so we'll still have to see what happens. I would be delighted if he stays, and I know he still has a contract, but he is a class act. Stubbsy, well let's hope he is still on the sheet and can pick up another couple of good' uns as he has done very well, imho.

my comments in the last post, are without reading the whole script, btw

If i had to choose between one of McGeouch and Allan I'd choose the former purely because of the effort and ground that the boy covers. I think teams show again and again that desire outweighs flair, in this league anyway and for most of the premier league as well.

I have no doubt that Hibs are a better football team, with both these guys in it, than the entire first division and a lot of the premier league, we just lacked that killer instinct for some reason.

Anyway, back to the point, I'd say McGeouch would be what we definitely NEED while Allan is more of a luxury type player.

Of course, I'd rather we kept both because Allan is class but i just think McGeouch is more important to the team.

This is all just going by what i saw of Hibs this season which was a wee bit but not as much as most on here.

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    If i had to choose between one of McGeouch and Allan I'd choose the former purely because of the effort and ground that the boy covers. I think teams show again and again that desire outweighs flair, in this league anyway and for most of the premier league as well.

I have no doubt that Hibs are a better football team, with both these guys in it, than the entire first division and a lot of the premier league, we just lacked that killer instinct for some reason.

Anyway, back to the point, I'd say McGeouch would be what we definitely NEED while Allan is more of a luxury type player.

Of course, I'd rather we kept both because Allan is class but i just think McGeouch is more important to the team.

This is all just going by what i saw of Hibs this season which was a wee bit but not as much as most on here.
    Mcgeouch before Allan??? I definitely disagree with that assessment. I would be happy if Dylan stayed but not too bothered if he went.
    Allan is the best we have had since Franck and Russell. Potentially an iconic player for us and essential to our ambition.

[QUOTE=sambajustice;4383631]If i had to choose between one of McGeouch and Allan I'd choose the former purely because of the effort and ground that the boy covers. I think teams show again and again that desire outweighs flair, in this league anyway and for most of the premier league as well.

Can you list the diabetics who cover so much more ground than Allan?

@hibs.net private member
    Greig Mailer@greig23 13h13 hours ago Classy performance from @ScottAllan_ tonight at @HibsOfficial @nhslothian #GameChanger event. Over 100 kids with #diabetes equally impressed

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes

I'd say you are off your rocker to put McGeouch before Allan, Allan is far and away the best midfielder we have had for a large number of years, he can sit and hold the ball, he has a range of passing (doesn't always work) and he can actually run at a defence and beat them, he is fairly good in a dead ball situation too.

Hibs should be going all out to keep Allan, he is worth more to us here than the 500k we would get selling him. If Rangers go up there is no doubt that he is the best player in this league by a country mile next season.

If we get promoted next season we need to keep Scott Allan, this is the type of midfielder you can build a team around.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Nah, can't agree. Allan is a gamechanger. he's had around 20 assists this season, and I can only imagine how many chances he's created that haven't been taken. I like Mcgeoch, but I dont think he always makes his mark on a match.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Can you list the diabetics who cover so much more ground than Allan?
    What has his condition got to do with the discussion?
    Last edited by Nando™; 26-05-2015 at 09:10 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Cant agree both are quality players however Dylan seems to be a little injury prone and has missed a number of key games while Scott Allan is the guy that can create a goal with his fantastic ability. Would be great if we could get both however if there had to be a choice it would need to be Scott IMO.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Mcgeough over allan wow.

Best Hibs midfielder since Scott Brown imo. The guys touch is unreal, awareness and range of passing fantastic. First time I've seen him in the flesh on saturday. Absolute joy to watch its players like him that will bring the fans in.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

If Scott Allan was lazy I would agree with you but he puts a shift in so I won't.

Scott Allan has been a joy to watch this season. He's one of the main reasons my enthusiasm for watching games has returned so I would be absolutely delighted to see him run out for us again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Mcgeough over allan wow.

Best Hibs midfielder since Scott Brown imo. The guys touch is unreal, awareness and range of passing fantastic. First time I've seen him in the flesh on saturday. Absolute joy to watch its players like him that will bring the fans in.

He's different class. He's looked even better when he's had Boyle to hit passes to as well. With the right players around him I think he could be phenomenal (sometimes our movement up front and wide isn't good enough for him to have a realistic target for his passes and they don't come off).

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

Cmon . Your at the lash eh . Id love us to sign McGeouch but before Allan ,, NO !

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

He's different class. He's looked even better when he's had Boyle to hit passes to as well. With the right players around him I think he could be phenomenal (sometimes our movement up front and wide isn't good enough for him to have a realistic target for his passes and they don't come off).
    100% . A bit pace on both wings . Yes fin please !

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    100% . A bit pace on both wings . Yes fin please !

GGTTH
    If you want pace on both wings, you're going to have to sacrifice a striker as we need 3 midfielders, play 3 at the back but would you replace Gray with someone like boyle ? I'd like to see us play an attacking 4-2-3-1 like Celtic play, loads of energy and bags of technique from the 3 guys behind the striker.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    If Scott Allan was lazy I would agree with you but he puts a shift in so I won't.

One of the best things about him is that he always makes himself available for the ball. Such a welcome improvement from the static midfielders we've endured in recent years.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    Greig Mailer@greig23 13h13 hours ago Classy performance from @ScottAllan_ tonight at @HibsOfficial @nhslothian #GameChanger event. Over 100 kids with #diabetes equally impressed
    Was there last night with my daughter, he certainly was, answered all the kids questions, had a selfie with almost everyone of the kids, really inspirational for the kids as his message I thought he was trying to get across to them was that their condition should in no way hinder anything they want to do in life.

I have to admit I am not one for getting taken in by all this stuff but you could tell it meant a lot to him getting his message across as he was not very comfortable speaking to a large audience. Respect was even more heightened as was speaking to my daughters doctor after it and she said it was all Scott's idea and it was him that approach them to do this with the club.

He also explained he has controlled the physical side of last a whole game now with his condition, diet, medication etc.. but hinted that he sometimes has to control the mood swings with highs and lows of blood sugars. I think it explains some of his hot headedness

Happy to bow to those who have seen Hibs more this season. My opinion is based on the few times i saw hibs during the year. Just felt that McGeouch would run 50 yards back, put in a tackle, break up the play, charge 40 yards forward with the ball whilst Allan who is undoubtedly more silky and can do better things was prone to trying to be too smart, looking for the Hollywood ball right at the last second rather than just shuffling a 5 or 10 yard pass quickly into someone in space.

Not saying McGeouch is better just maybe what we need more than Allan if push came to shove.

For example i think you'd get 7 out of 10 every week from McGeouch regardless whilst you might get a 10 from Allan one game followed by a couple of 3's or 4's.

As i said, happy to bow to those that can judge having watched the team over the course of the season

Happy to bow to those who have seen Hibs more this season. My opinion is based on the few times i saw hibs during the year. Just felt that McGeouch would run 50 yards back, put in a tackle, break up the play, charge 40 yards forward with the ball whilst Allan who is undoubtedly more silky and can do better things was prone to trying to be too smart, looking for the Hollywood ball right at the last second rather than just shuffling a 5 or 10 yard pass quickly into someone in space.

Not saying McGeouch is better just maybe what we need more than Allan if push came to shove.

For example i think you'd get 7 out of 10 every week from McGeouch regardless whilst you might get a 10 from Allan one game followed by a couple of 3's or 4's.

As i said, happy to bow to those that can judge having watched the team over the course of the season

You can only go with what you have seen so nothing wrong with stating you're opinion on that. I do feel Allan is the better of the two though but both very good players who I'd like to see at ER next season. Don't think Dylan will be here but that's just my personal opinion nothing to base it on.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

But McGeouch has missed large chunks of the season through injury??

If you want consistency, Allan offered much more of that last season simply through being available for selection more of the time.

I think it's a fair shout actually.

McGeoch does offer an awful lot as a player. He's a bit more of an all-rounder, is possibly more consistent and is a bit more of a grafter.

Allan is more of a maverick but he is the player that makes us tick. If Allan plays well, Hibs play well and it is his mercurial ability that carves teams open. He needs players like McGeoch to help make him play though.

Just because they're both midfielders you're not really comparing like with like though.

I have a mate who supports Brechin and has been to the odd game with me as well as watching Hibs when we've been on tv. He's convinced Allan is garbage and doesn't know what we all see in him. He prefers to focus on all the times he gives the ball away (ignoring the fact that these are often attempts to carve open a defence). In his opinion Fyvie is our best player.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think it's a fair shout actually.

McGeoch does offer an awful lot as a player. He's a bit more of an all-rounder, is possibly more consistent and is a bit more of a grafter.

Allan is more of a maverick but he is the player that makes us tick. If Allan plays well, Hibs play well and it is his mercurial ability that carves teams open. He needs players like McGeoch to help make him play though.

Just because they're both midfielders you're not really comparing like with like though.

I have a mate who supports Brechin and has been to the odd game with me as well as watching Hibs when we've been on tv. He's convinced Allan is garbage and doesn't know what we all see in him. He prefers to focus on all the times he gives the ball away (ignoring the fact that these are often attempts to carve open a defence). In his opinion Fyvie is our best player.
    Fyvie is a decent player but our best......no.... theres a few ahead of him in the best player stakes

Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    Was there last night with my daughter, he certainly was, answered all the kids questions, had a selfie with almost everyone of the kids, really inspirational for the kids as his message I thought he was trying to get across to them was that their condition should in no way hinder anything they want to do in life.

I have to admit I am not one for getting taken in by all this stuff but you could tell it meant a lot to him getting his message across as he was not very comfortable speaking to a large audience. Respect was even more heightened as was speaking to my daughters doctor after it and she said it was all Scott's idea and it was him that approach them to do this with the club.

He also explained he has controlled the physical side of last a whole game now with his condition, diet, medication etc.. but hinted that he sometimes has to control the mood swings with highs and lows of blood sugars. I think it explains some of his hot headedness

Have to say this is one of the best posts I've read on here...

Absolutely agree with this, If we can keep Allan and add Boyle or others with pace and vision out wide, we would be far more effective and dangerous going forward. IMO our lack of wingers has led to us being very one dimensional this season.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Hibs without Scott Allan next year is unthinkable. He is at the heart of most of our attacks.

Give me a midfield of him, Dylan, Fyvie, Robertson and Boyle any day of the week.

Much as I really like McGeouch, I'm not so sure about this. Even when Allan is off form he tends to create goal scoring opportunities out of nothing and, ultimately, make a difference. Therefore I'd say he very rarely slips below a 7, even when he doesn't seem at the races. After a season in which he has created so much, and we're talking bundles of assists and point-winning passes, I just can't see past Allan as the most important player in the team, by miles actually. He also reminds me of great players like Latapy in that, for whatever reason, he is very rarely unavailable or injured, despite being a clear target for the cloggers. How many creative, skillful players have we seen in the past (Zemmama, Boozy etc) that had great ability but were injured half the time and therefore less valuable. In some ways I think his potential and ability is underrated - cue the mirth of Jambos.

If we keep him, great. If not, well, he really should be playing at a higher level and I personally would quite like to see him lining up for Scotland in the near future. Hopefully he can do both of those things at Hibs but I'm doubtful he'll be getting advised as such.