hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we need to be turning down the decent cash and putting sporting ambition first.
    Sadly, we have never shown this lately.
    Big question mark over where the money comes from next season. STF is reducing his stake and money through shares won't cover the kind of loss we sustained last year.

We might not be able to afford Scott Allan - or afford to turn down anything around £500k for him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Very good player but not as good as some make out.

We could've done with him putting a couple on a plate for the strikers over the last couple of games to prove me wrong if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Very good player but not as good as some make out

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Very good player but not as good as some make out.

We could've done with him putting a couple on a plate for the strikers over the last couple of games to prove me wrong if nothing else.
    On his day he's every bit as good as folk make out. There have been plenty games this season though when he's not been at the races and I do think that some people are getting a bit carried away.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    On his day he's every bit as good as folk make out. There have been plenty games this season though when he's not been at the races and I do think that some people are getting a bit carried away.
    Yeah you're probably right. We've seen him live up to the hype once or twice - more consistency and he'd be away to big things.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    For what it's worth I was speaking to a first-team player a week or so ago and he was pretty certain Allan will be here, regardless of where we are. Said player wouldn't be talking nonsense to appease me, and he said Allan had massive gratitude towards Hibs for how they've dealt with his diabetes.

Fingers crossed. Nevermind the best player in the Championship, performances like today's easily put him up beside the best players in the SPL. Joy to watch.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    For what it's worth I was speaking to a first-team player a week or so ago and he was pretty certain Allan will be here, regardless of where we are. Said player wouldn't be talking nonsense to appease me, and he said Allan had massive gratitude towards Hibs for how they've dealt with his diabetes.

Fingers crossed. Nevermind the best player in the Championship, performances like today's easily put him up beside the best players in the SPL. Joy to watch.
    I have my doubts but I really hope this is the case.

I wouldn't be that surprised mate... There isn't a lot of loyalty in the game but there is still some out there..
    Look how high stubbs still holds Celtic for helping him through his illness. These things don't go unnoticed

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Having no inside info at all I've been saying for a while that'd be a factor behind him wanting to stay.

My wife is type 1 diabetic and I had no idea how much was involved before met her, it sounds like some of Allans previous managers may have been as ignorant as I was. I think I heard one of his previous managers saying he was lazy, there's not a hope in hell he could be classed as lazy, for him to make it to this level despite his condition must have taken a monumental effort from him. If he's found a manager that understands that he'd be well advised to think hard before leaving.

Plus the boys career had stalled in a big way, he will go eventually but hopefully not this summer

[QUOTE=bingo70;4381171]On his day he's every bit as good as folk make out. There have been plenty games this season though when he's not been at the races and I do think that some people are getting a bit carried away

Agreed

& not a bit

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I have my doubts but I really hope this is the case.
    No word of a lie, Trig.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

No word of a lie, Trig.
    Nah I didn't mean I was doubting what you've been told, just that I have my doubts that Allan will still be a Hibs player by September 1st.

Did he not have the chance to sign for der hun at the same time he signed for us? Why would he all of a sudden decide he wanted to join them . Rest assured their fish and there aint no guarantees their gonna beat motherwell so can't see him going there.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Did he not have the chance to sign for der hun at the same time he signed for us? Why would he all of a sudden decide he wanted to join them . Rest assured their fish and there aint no guarantees their gonna beat motherwell so can't see him going there.
    Nah Sevco didnt offer him a contract, and they will do Motherwell, Motherwell dont do winning against them

Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    The hibs of yesteryear would have flogged him in January. We did well holding onto him, but that was definitely his last game for us. There is absolutely no way that it's in his best interests to spend another season playing beneath his level
    As talented as he is he hadn't kicked a ball last season, Hibs have given the boy a chance and he has showed why he deserved one.

I know he will go at some point but I honestly think we will see him in a Hibs jersey next season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07BigD View Post
    As talented as he is he hadn't kicked a ball last season, Hibs have given the boy a chance and he has showed why he deserved one.

I know he will go at some point but I honestly think we will see him in a Hibs jersey next season.
    Contrary to what I've said about him probably leaving, he is making encouraging noises about staying on to complete the job he came to ER to do. Good on him if he stays but once good money and agent pressure come in to the equation, it might change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Contrary to what I've said about him probably leaving, he is making encouraging noises about staying on to complete the job he came to ER to do. Good on him if he stays but once good money and agent pressure come in to the equation, it might change his mind.
    Let's hope not

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    What if he wants to go? Really wants to go?

Should we try and hold on to an unhappy player, who might not perform to his best, and let him walk for nothing in a year or get a decent fee now and strengthen with that?

That said if he wants to stay we should try to accommodate him.
    This unfortunately is the root of it.
    The ambition of the club or forcing a player to honour their contract doesn't come into it if they genuinely want to leave.

Really hope the guy stays as we're worryingly short of any other creativity in the team but I guess if he goes you stick the transfer money into the wage pot and use it to try to sign someone with the same kind of logic we offered Allan to get him to come in the first place.

STV News reporting that he wants to stay and win promotion with us next season. Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Best player at ER in years. Hearts fans still seem convinced they've got him if Hibs don't go up.
    This isn't directed at you personally of course, but anyone who listens to anything these dafties say needs their head seen to IMHO.

They will do or say anything to try to wind Hibs supporters up. For example, they are also convinced they are "the famous" and they are "the big team". This is despite what their nurses and doctors tell them.

PS: reading some of the stuff posted online since yesterday's result, it's clear to me who Hearts supporters wanted to be promoted. It sure wasn't Hibs. They are simply Hun light.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scott Allen shoule be Stubbs most important business of the season and hopefully he will be trying to build a team around him.

I expect Rangers to be the biggest competitors for his signature if they get promoted.

Hopefully Stubbs' vision for the club and where he wants to take them cn persuade Scott to stay to see the job done.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 24-05-2015 at 12:06 PM.

I'd like to think that due to Stubbs having a great relationship with all the players and essentially helping Allan to rebuild his career that he'd like to repay him for this by staying next season and maybe even signing a contract extension, so that we could get a fee for him.

He was saying after the game yesterday that he was still determined to get this club back to the premier.....its in the scotsman

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    He was saying after the game yesterday that he was still determined to get this club back to the premier.....its in the scotsman
    He's still contracted to the club for next season, he would be daft to say anything else at the moment.

I've seen it all before though with Hibs players and players at other clubs.

Once they have a chat with the agent and the interest starts in the media, anything can happen.

I would love to be proved wrong but I won't be surprised if Scott Allan has left Hibs by the end of the summer transfer window.

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Any chance of him having some kind of clause in his contract that he can go if we didn't get promoted? Was surprised we managed to get him on a two year deal in the first place.
    Good post. Yes, my fears exactly. A "gentlemans agreement" probably still exists in professional football and I, like many, have a feeling that was the last time we saw Scotty in a Hibs top. As always, it was a pleasure to watch him and an honour for him to wear it....Still, he gets to play every week in the position he wants to play so who knows....

Regretfully went on kickback to see if they actually thought they could get Allan. no joke 15/26 of the forums are about hibs. It's gone beyond embarrassing how obsessed they are

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

Can we please get this right..... It's NOT ALLEN it's ALLAN!

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    The reply suggesting he has a clause allowing him to leave for free is laughable.
    Aside from Hibs not being complete idiots there's the fact that the player himself doesn't really benefit from Hibs getting nothing in the deal.
    Add to that we'd probably have taken the United bid for the money.

As far as The Rangers signing him goes I have serious doubts they'll get past Motherwell so this may well be a non event.
    They're a very poor team and we were only a competent striking performance away from turning them over.

Not saying Scott Allan is going to be at Hibs next season but it won't be a freebie and The Rangers are far from there yet as far as the SPL goes.