hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alan Stubbs

Some posters just annoy the hell out of me, always negative and never supportive, so irritating.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alloa & Falkirk?
    Who else is he going to play against

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Alloa & Falkirk?
    Think its fair to say in our three big games this year Falkirk SC semi and 2 play off games - that we really missed Boyles pace - not saying he is a "key" player but he gives us something different - pace. He would have made a huge difference and if you cant admit that then words fail me.

I posted criticism of Stubbs after the loss to Rangers at the previous ER game but I don't think he got anything substantial wrong today. Over the two legs we had more of the possession, but didn't take our chances - the Huns did, so it wasn't due to our manager's choice of formation. The Rangers were always likely to improve once the McCoist/MacDowell regime was replaced by a competent manager. That we've been so close on a budget much smaller than theirs suggests to me that Stubbs has done a good job overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    Think its fair to say in our three big games this year Falkirk SC semi and 2 play off games - that we really missed Boyles pace - not saying he is a "key" player but he gives us something different - pace. He would have made a huge difference and if you cant admit that then words fail me.
    Agree with this. Boyle would be an excellent signing and would provide a much needed plan b

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Some posters just annoy the hell out of me, always negative and never supportive, so irritating.
    🙌

I think he's done a fantastic job this season and we were unlucky we will 100% be back in the premiership next season

@hibs.net private member
    He's the manager thats failed to get us promoted. He's under performed so far. He must get promoted next season and no excuses like this season. He needs to be stopped being hero worshipped because not getting promoted is nothing but failure.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The one manager who is responsible for our current predicament is Terry Butcher and I hope to **** he enjoys every failure with his new team.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The one manager who is responsible for our current predicament is Terry Butcher and I hope to **** he enjoys every failure with his new team.
    I would say everyone connected with the club (bar the fans) since 2007 until the beginning of this season has contributed to our current predicament.

Quote Originally Posted by IWASTHERE1902 View Post
    I'm more than happy that Stubbs is the man for the job. Give him a chance he inherited a shambles and this season is the first for a long time that we have come close to playing this mythical "hibs way"
    Hertz dick.

I would say everyone connected with the club (bar the fans) since 2007 until the beginning of this season has contributed to our current predicament.
    Aye, **** the people working in the pie stands, no good enough.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Aye, **** the people working in the pie stands, no good enough.

Well - you know what I meant! But now we're on the subject........

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Hertz dick.
    Explain?

I'd like to thank Stubbs for bringing back some pride to this club. I'd never thought we'd finish second at the start of the season but what he has done to turn us around in a short space of time is unreal.

Granted it was just a step to far to make the play off final but I really do think we have a very good man leading the club! One more season down here is horrible but I will only be one more. Reconstruction will see to that but I'll be honest. I think Hibs will win the league next year anyway.

So again, thank you Alan for bringing a much better brand of football to this club if only we had you in the prem we'd be a very hard team to beat.

See you next season GGTTH 💚

Explain?
    please don't say it's because of the low post count. You would have had the same count sometime so it makes you one as well. I'm complimenting Stubbs and they way they have played this season( which I'm sure most fans think the same - does that make them hertz dicks). My hibs way point is referring to the fact that it's a long time since any of us can say we have seen that type of play. If that makes me a hertz dick then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    He's the manager thats failed to get us promoted. He's under performed so far. He must get promoted next season and no excuses like this season. He needs to be stopped being hero worshipped because not getting promoted is nothing but failure.
    Fans are so fickle. Do you honestly think anyone else in charge would have won us the league? Look at hearts and how well they done and how long they prepared. To get us where we are from what we were start of the season is superb. Give the man some credit eh.

Well - you know what I meant! But now we're on the subject........
    I blame our relegation last season on the quality of our Bovril.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Fans are so fickle. Do you honestly think anyone else in charge would have won us the league? Look at hearts and how well they done and how long they prepared. To get us where we are from what we were start of the season is superb. Give the man some credit eh.
    He is the man for the job and I like the way he speaks to the media, comes across as a really genuine guy who likes the club. Credit to the club and himself. Unlike butcher before him with that chronic jokey fool routine that he used to play with the media. Stubbs inherited a club in major decline but him and Leanne have turned it around, I don't think some hibs fans realise just how bad a state we were in and the work needed to stop the rot. Ok we didn't get up, but I for one enjoyed the season and can see a way forward with Stubbs.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    please don't say it's because of the low post count. You would have had the same count sometime so it makes you one as well. I'm complimenting Stubbs and they way they have played this season( which I'm sure most fans think the same - does that make them hertz dicks). My hibs way point is referring to the fact that it's a long time since any of us can say we have seen that type of play. If that makes me a hertz dick then so be it.
    To be fair to to 3pm I think you're a hertz dick as well. Mibbees I'm just unhappy tonight but your use of the " Hibs mythical way"reeks of Gorgski

Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    Winning when it matters and winning all your winnable games are two habits we sadly lack and have done for a number of years. I think it's more psychological than tactical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No team in the world does this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    To be fair to to 3pm I think you're a hertz dick as well. Mibbees I'm just unhappy tonight but your use of the " Hibs mythical way"reeks of Gorgski
    ok fair enough but when was the last time we played with any flair. We keep going on about the hibs way but I've supported them for 30 years and other than the tail end of the tornadoes when I started there's not been much in between. Ok a couple of seasons here and there but can any hibs fan of the last 30 years say there have been sustained flair moments. This season is the first for a while I have genuinely enjoyed watching hibs play, and yes I know it's a lower level but I leave most games having enjoyed it. So if saying that I haven't seen this 'hibs way' as being a reality makes me a hertz dick, then I'm guilty as charged. I would ask you and 3pm though, when have you seen the hibs way.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    ok fair enough but when was the last time we played with any flair. We keep going on about the hibs way but I've supported them for 30 years and other than the tail end of the tornadoes when I started there's not been much in between. Ok a couple of seasons here and there but can any hibs fan of the last 30 years say there have been sustained flair moments. This season is the first for a while I have genuinely enjoyed watching hibs play, and yes I know it's a lower level but I leave most games having enjoyed it. So if saying that I haven't seen this 'hibs way' as being a reality makes me a hertz dick, then I'm guilty as charged. I would ask you and 3pm though, when have you seen the hibs way.
    It's the username imo. LTYF
    Last edited by Mr White; 23-05-2015 at 08:46 PM.

I'm with Steve. Whilst I don't want Stubbs out the season can't be classed as a success.

The legacy Butcher left was terrible. But you can't take that in to account for the playoffs. Our season came down to two games, a long time after he left and we didn't deliver. Exactly the same as in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I'm with Steve. Whilst I don't want Stubbs out the season can't be classed as a success.

The legacy Butcher left was terrible. But you can't take that in to account for the playoffs. Our season came down to two games, a long time after he left and we didn't deliver. Exactly the same as in the Scottish Cup semi final.
    But it wasn't through lack of trying was it? We just simply missed chances and that's not Stubbs fault! I honestly think you and Steve and anyone else who thinks Stubbs "has failed" don't see the bigger picture.

If Stubbs didn't get us a play off spot and believe me the mess he inherited that was a possibility then I think that's a failure. I don't except being second best, but when you are so far behind and the come on leaps and bounds no one will tell me I'm excepting failure.

How about we stop this bull**** of booting the team and club when we need to come together.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

This is surely looking at the two extremes and basing a judgement on those outcomes alone? We were in a bad way when Stubbs arrived and ten months later we've just fallen short of making the play off final and in truth we should have horsed Falkirk. I think there has been some success, in reaching a cup semi and the semi of the play offs. Of course we could and maybe should have done better but I feel the success we've achieved, in developing way quicker than we might have done, is down to Alan Stubbs and his coaching team
    This is how it feels

[QUOTE=Mr White;4381603]It's the username for me. LTYF[/QUOTE
    i was being ironic and I'm not ashamed of the fact we haven't won it for a while.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    i was being ironic and I'm not ashamed of the fact we haven't won it for a while.
    Neither am I but wearing it like a badge while mimicking another posters username...

A lot of folk on this thread are going to look absolutely ridiculous in 12 months time IMO.

But it wasn't through lack of trying was it? We just simply missed chances and that's not Stubbs fault! I honestly think you and Steve and anyone else who thinks Stubbs "has failed" don't see the bigger picture.

If Stubbs didn't get us a play off spot and believe me the mess he inherited that was a possibility then I think that's a failure. I don't except being second best, but when you are so far behind and the come on leaps and bounds no one will tell me I'm excepting failure.

How about we stop this bull**** of booting the team and club when we need to come together.
    Tell me what the big picture is then? Because, for me, it is that we are spending a second successive year outside the top flight for the first time in our history. That we are going to Alloa and Greenock next year.

We got ourselves in to a position where we could have achieved something in both the league and cup. I'd have been delighted with one or the other. When it mattered we fell short though. And that was through absolutely no fault of Butcher's mess, although I totally agree it was his fault we were here in the first place.