hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Alan Stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's easier on the eye but we need to speed up. It's too patient at times IMO. That's why we've dropped the points we have, particularly at home.

Stubbs has done well but there is more to come.
    I thought that was evident yesterday, particularly in the second half. Too many passes in the middle of the pitch which meant it took us too long to get in to the final third. Hopefully get some pace and width in the summer to give us a different option.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I thought that was evident yesterday, particularly in the second half. Too many passes in the middle of the pitch which meant it took us too long to get in to the final third. Hopefully get some pace and width in the summer to give us a different option.
    Maybe due to the fact Rangers got every man behind the ball and made it harder to pass through them, also no matter what people may say Rangers do have a few decent players and are now being managed properly, if McCall had came in earlier in the season we may have been play QOS 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Maybe due to the fact Rangers got every man behind the ball and made it harder to pass through them, also no matter what people may say Rangers do have a few decent players and are now being managed properly, if McCall had came in earlier in the season we may have been play QOS 1st.
    Yep agree Rangers are much more organised than earlier in the season. But I just thought the second half, in fact the two full games, just summed up our season. Not enough cutting edge and I just feel we are a bit predictable in the way we play.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Yep agree Rangers are much more organised than earlier in the season. But I just thought the second half, in fact the two full games, just summed up our season. Not enough cutting edge and I just feel we are a bit predictable in the way we play.
    Our problem was we didn't have any options on the bench to change things, we needed Boyle for his pace and directness to have a go at a slow defence, remember Stubbs brought in the young lad from Everton to do the same thing, you may find us playing a different system next season with wide men.

Admins, how do I change my username. It seems some people on here who can't have a constructive debate just want to label people as hertz dicks if they don't agree with their own opinions. And my username seems to offend some easily offended people.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWASTHERE1902 View Post
    ok fair enough but when was the last time we played with any flair. We keep going on about the hibs way but I've supported them for 30 years and other than the tail end of the tornadoes when I started there's not been much in between. Ok a couple of seasons here and there but can any hibs fan of the last 30 years say there have been sustained flair moments. This season is the first for a while I have genuinely enjoyed watching hibs play, and yes I know it's a lower level but I leave most games having enjoyed it. So if saying that I haven't seen this 'hibs way' as being a reality makes me a hertz dick, then I'm guilty as charged. I would ask you and 3pm though, when have you seen the hibs way.
    Hertz dick
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Hertz dick

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Admins, how do I change my username. It seems some people on here who can't have a constructive debate just want to label people as hertz dicks if they don't agree with their own opinions. And my username seems to offend some easily offended people.

then you will just become an ordinary dick with another username

p.s. the 1902 reference really really hurts btw :(

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Hertz dick

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe try something with 5-1 in it. A bit less subtle

As soon as McCall came in I really didn't fancy our chances of going up, all that Rangers team needed was a half decent manager, all those players don't just become rubbish.

McCall coming in was the worst possible scenario for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    As soon as McCall came in I really didn't fancy our chances of going up, all that Rangers team needed was a half decent manager, all those players don't just become rubbish.

McCall coming in was the worst possible scenario for Hibs.
    I would agree with that. They're not world-beaters, but nor should they be as bad as they were regularly under McCoist / McDowall. Their confidence has improved, too.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Stubbs has impressed me so far. I've seen enough for me to believe with as much backing from the board as possible and luck with injuries we'll go up as Champions next season. I expect the Huns to beat Motherwell.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Progress is subjective here, there's no doubt the style of play is much better. Yet results are still losing the important games, and having a hand picked draw all the way to the semi final only to lose to Falkirk can hardly be called a success?

Maybe if we'd won that game, i'd certainly feel a bit more positive about the future, but we play our football in the 2nd tier of the Scottish game and we should be winning a large majority of games in that league.

And even though we are a better team than sevco, they won when it mattered.

Its winning the games that matter that gives you hope, we still don't do that enough yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Progress is subjective here, there's no doubt the style of play is much better. Yet results are still losing the important games, and having a hand picked draw all the way to the semi final only to lose to Falkirk can hardly be called a success?

Maybe if we'd won that game, i'd certainly feel a bit more positive about the future, but we play our football in the 2nd tier of the Scottish game and we should be winning a large majority of games in that league.

Its winning the games that matter that gives you hope, we still don't do that enough yet.
    What he said

Yeh, good points BH. I suppose the best way of judging Stubbs will be at the end of next season. If we don't go up (again) probably best to bin him, because he will have had more than enough time. That said, he's one hell of an improvement on what came before him.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Yeh, good points BH. I suppose the best way of judging Stubbs will be at the end of next season. If we don't go up (again) probably best to bin him, because he will have had more than enough time. That said, he's one hell of an improvement on what came before him.
    Stubbs won't be binned, because he will be out of contract after next season. I can't see any way that we won't be involved in the playoffs at worst and he will be in charge for those games if we don't win the second tier.

However if the new model for the club is being operated correctly then Craig and Dempster should be monitoring coaches and managers to identify possible replacements in case Stubbs is approached by a bigger club or doesn't have his contract renewed.

I expect us to be doing sufficiently well that Stubbs will sign an extension next January.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Stubbs won't be binned, because he will be out of contract after next season. I can't see any way that we won't be involved in the playoffs at worst and he will be in charge for those games if we don't win the second tier.

However if the new model for the club is being operated correctly then Craig and Dempster should be monitoring coaches and managers to identify possible replacements in case Stubbs is approached by a bigger club or doesn't have his contract renewed.

I expect us to be doing sufficiently well that Stubbs will sign an extension next January.
    I would like him to sign one now. Can't see players signing for longer term contracts if the manager isn't willing to commit to a longer term deal otherwise

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Stubbs will be here next year, So what is the alternative ? Get behind him or look into whether he's been good enough or not over the course of last season ?

I'l be right behind him. He never cost us a scottish cup final place it was the players that blew the chances we had!

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Stubbs will be here next year, So what is the alternative ? Get behind him or look into whether he's been good enough or not over the course of last season ?

I'l be right behind him. He never cost us a scottish cup final place it was the players that blew the chances we had!

Don't think he needs a longer contract, we've given them out all too often in the past and it's called us fortunes in payoffs. I'd like him to sign a 1 year rolling contract, a good incentive to do well and make us better.

First Team Breakthrough

Yes spot on .Maybe we could find a new Pat McGinley or Scott Brown Rough it up a bit when needed

Quote Originally Posted by pennyhibee View Post
    Yes spot on .Maybe we could find a new Pat McGinley or Scott Brown Rough it up a bit when needed
    Good call. Maybe that's exactly what we need. Personally, I believe you need every kind of player in a squad so you can have more options for tactics and approaches depending on the opposition. I'd like to see us have an influential, hard-tackling organiser in the middle of the park; someone who stamps their authority on the game and the team and drags them through tough times. This type of player would be the perfect foil for Scott Allan. I can't remember the last time we had a player like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pennyhibee View Post
    Maybe Scotty would fancy a return he must be getting bored at Celtic now.. If not what's pat upto nowadays?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    I don't think McCall got the better of Stubbs at all. In the two games that they have beaten us this season, they've been on the back foot for most of the game but we haven't taken our chances, Leigh Griffiths, for example, would've had an absolute field day on Saturday with some of the chances we created and balls that were being out across the face of goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I would like him to sign one now. Can't see players signing for longer term contracts if the manager isn't willing to commit to a longer term deal otherwise
    I have sufficient faith in Stubbs that I'd be fine with offering him the extension right now, but can also understand the logic in waiting to see how we start next season first.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.