hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Promising Youngster

Liam Craig Leaving. Daily Record Exclusive

According to tomorrow's Daily Record, Liam Craig has been told he will not be offered a new deal at Hibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muthillhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to tomorrow's Daily Record, Liam Craig has been told he will not be offered a new deal at Hibs

Unsure if that's good or not. Thought Liam is/was a solid player for us, always gives utmost, albeit it sometimes it's not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by muthillhibee View Post
    After last season I wanted him to leave but he's shown a great attitude this season and I wish him all the best

Not really surprised by that.

Shame, would have kept him 100%. Best of luck Liam, will never forget the penalty in the new year derby.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He hasn't been very good for us. Not a surprise that he's away.

Promising Youngster
    They kind of contradict themselves in the article. Headline says Craig quits and article says he won't be offered a new contract

Left by mutual consent!
    Great decision by the club, wouldn't surprise me if he is one of our highest earners and that salary could be added to keeping the likes of Liam Fontaine

Thanks for your efforts Liam. Good luck in the future, he could well find an SPL club more than willing to snap him up.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    If true, I wish him all the best. Came across as great captain off the field. Pretty poor one on the field.

Always tried his hardest and didn't hit out at club or fans when he got abuse, he also took a lot of pressure of other players as he was scapegoat. He deserves respect and best wishes for that. It takes some class to act in the way he did.

As I said, if it is true, all the best Liam.

For anyone who is mocking Liam Craig, I'm willing to bet that he'll be playing at a higher level than Hibs will be next season.

A club in the Premiership will sign him.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    For anyone who is mocking Liam Craig, I'm willing to bet that he'll be playing at a higher level than Hibs will be next season.

Saints or Dundee

Left by mutual consent!
    All the best LC. Some of the abuse you have suffered from a minority of fans, last year in particular has been horrendous.

That said, I wish you nothing but the best and I hope you get yourself a good club ASAP. Good leader and good professional. All the best Liam, and thanks for your efforts.

Left by mutual consent!

Because the majority of footballers in Scottish football are not very good standard compared to other countries

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    good luck to the man, according to that article a deal was on the table...then withdrawn after our failure to get through the play-offs...i can only imagine others are in the same boat

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    good luck to the man, according to that article a deal was on the table...then withdrawn after our failure to get through the play-offs...i can only imagine others are in the same boat
    That wouldn't be a surprise either.

All the best to LC if he is away.

Guaranteed to come back and score against us, like he always used to. All the best, always tried and clearly really wanted to do well for us, it's just a shame he was pretty poor tbh.

Not too unhappy with this, we need better and although he didn't play to his full potential he did at least try this season.

I have no inside track so just my opinion but I'm reckoning this is just about prioritising players/positions. Unless he's absolutely central to Stubbs' plans, I reckon any player on a medium to high wage whose contract is expiring will not be offered a new deal. That gives Stubbs maximum flexibility in offering attractive terms to his priority targets.

FWIW - I think Liam is a good player but it's probably the right decision to let him move on. He's been at Hibs during a particularly turbulent time and I don't really think his best position is one that any of our managers really used as part of the various systems that have been deployed. I think he's always done his best for us and was committed to our cause so I wish him good luck.
    Last edited by GreenOnions; 25-05-2015 at 11:56 PM.

for anyone wishing a retention of Liam Craig, I refer to my post last season as to ,him being one of the main reasons for us being relegated. he was appointed captain, actedf like a spoiled child at times and managed to get himself booke lots of times for moaning and girning to the referees on numerous occasions without actually getting a grip of the situation we were in, and rallying the troops around him. he failed miserably as a team captain, and as a club captain. some will say, this position is only a figurehead, I say different.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Not too unhappy with this, we need better and although he didn't play to his full potential he did at least try this season.
    at least trying, is not the same as trying his guts out, as a captain.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Guaranteed to come back and score against us, like he always used to. All the best, always tried and clearly really wanted to do well for us, it's just a shame he was pretty poor tbh.
    poor players have left us in the past, and scored against us. don't understand this sort of love in, with players that consistently underperform with us, leave, then suddenly we regret it if they score against us. he has been poor overall.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    poor players have left us in the past, and scored against us. don't understand this sort of love in, with players that consistently underperform with us, leave, then suddenly we regret it if they score against us. he has been poor overall.
    From the Malmo humiliation to relegation and then failing to go back up. Liam Craig's time at Hibernian will always be synonymous with failure. Won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    From the Malmo humiliation to relegation and then failing to go back up. Liam Craig's time at Hibernian will always be synonymous with failure. Won't be missed.
    his home performance against Hamilton was the one that did it, for me

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    Correct.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Another career Butchered
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Seems strange that a deal was on the table. If it had been I am sure it would have been signed. I doubt Craig was told a deal was on the table IF we gained promotion and would be withdrawn if we did not. Unless I just don't understand what 'on the table' means with respects to a deal.

Good luck to him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Another career Butchered
    Agree 100%. He is nowhere near as bad a player as some made out. I also thought when we went off on Saturday we lost our shape. He's a decent SPLF premiership player who became the easy target for the Hibs boo boys

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    Seems strange that a deal was on the table. If it had been I am sure it would have been signed. I doubt Craig was told a deal was on the table IF we gained promotion and would be withdrawn if we did not. Unless I just don't understand what 'on the table' means with respects to a deal. Good luck to him.
    Maybe there was an offer but cause we didn't get up Liam wants another crack in the top league and was told we wouldn't stand in his way