hibs.net Messageboard

Glasgow v Ulster

I know not many people on here will have paid any attention to this game (wrong shaped ball for a start!).
    But I started watching it, and ended up shouting on Glasgow.

If we can show that kind of spirit and control tomorrow then there still is hope.

Being a Hibee you get used to disappointment but that makes the good times all the better.

Lets hope tomorrow is one of those good times, 6.2, AEK Athens . . . .

And if not, we'll be back next season, stronger, playing good football, fearing noone in the league . . . .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eebsie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know not many people on here will have paid any attention to this game (wrong shaped ball for a start!).
    But I started watching it, and ended up shouting on Glasgow.

If we can show that kind of spirit and control tomorrow then there still is hope.

Being a Hibee you get used to disappointment but that makes the good times all the better.

Lets hope tomorrow is one of those good times, 6.2, AEK Athens . . . .

And if not, we'll be back next season, stronger, playing good football, fearing noone in the league . . . .
    I never watch rugby other than the occasional international but I was the same, fantastic comeback and great atmosphere,

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i like watching both codes in rugby, watched them again tonight and hopefully they can triumph in the final in belfast next week v Munster/Ospreys, i'd say Munster were Favourites and it will be a second year running final loss for Glasgow

showed the importance of a strong backing.

rugby crowds seems to be more supportive and less openly critical.

don't get me wrong, its football any day of the week for me, but it definitely showed the benefit of a vocal, positive backing, encouraged by players very much giving every ounce of effort.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    It was great to watch. I'm a big rugby fan as well and have been regularly to watch both Edinburgh and Glasgow. Big difference in the supports Edinburgh being smaller and quieter. I know players from both teams well and they say that the crowd does make a difference. Let's get right behind the team today. WE CAN MAKE IT AS THE 12th MAN. CMON HIBBES LETS DO IT TODAY ON AND OFF THE PITCH!!!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    It took me a long time to accept the concept of professional rugby union in Scotland but I'm gradually warming to it. I've enjoyed the Pro 12 league this season and in particular the open style of rugby that Glasgow play.

Best of luck to them in next Saturday's final.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    It took me a long time to accept the concept of professional rugby union in Scotland but I'm gradually warming to it. I've enjoyed the Pro 12 league this season and in particular the open style of rugby that Glasgow play.

Best of luck to them in next Saturday's final.
    It's a pity Scotland couldn't play with the same style and pace.

@hibs.net private member
    I was there and it was a fantastic sporting occasion and both me and my kids loved it. They've been to Hampden with Hibs and Scotland, and seen maches with Glasgow and Scotland at Murrayfield. They've seen Hibs and Scotland Win but usually lose and last night they said that was the most memorable match they've beesn at

Fiver for kids. Place was packed, beer for those who wanted it. No segregation, no ********s. TV replays, players truly giving 100%, great atmosphere, oh yeah and a WIN !!!!

We will be back again next season - when it doesn't clash with a Hibs game......

Quote Originally Posted by kennyh View Post
    I was there and it was a fantastic sporting occasion and both me and my kids loved it. They've been to Hampden with Hibs and Scotland, and seen maches with Glasgow and Scotland at Murrayfield. They've seen Hibs and Scotland Win but usually lose and last night they said that was the most memorable match they've beesn at

Fiver for kids. Place was packed, beer for those who wanted it. No segregation, no ********s. TV replays, players truly giving 100%, great atmosphere, oh yeah and a WIN !!!!

We will be back again next season - when it doesn't clash with a Hibs game......
    Just think you get all this plus better rugby at Rugby league games.

Glad you had a good night though.
    Cougars!!!

I was there last night too and already have tickets for Belfast. The atmosphere at the end of the game was great. Everyone waving their flags when the team came out was pretty cool too.

I've become a regular at Scotstoun over the past 13 months. Even when Glasgow is playing poorly, I'd say that the atmosphere is better than Hibs games. It is more positive and less venomous. Even the drunk a-holes are significantly better behaved. If I had kids, I think I would take them exclusively to Glasgow games.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Everything that's wrong with Scottish football.
    Last edited by greenlex; 24-05-2015 at 05:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Just think you get all this plus better rugby at Rugby league games.

Glad you had a good night though.
    The kids can play British bulldogs in the playground, no reason to go and see grown men play it in Northern England.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyh View Post

Some football supporters are in the dark ages though and will never accept a welcoming atmosphere

Outstanding performance from Glasgow tonight! The best performance from a Scottish pro team - ever - with four cracking tries and Yanutawa was outstanding. Thoroughly deserved his MotM. Great support from the Weegie fans too. I've got several mates over at the game and they'll be having a hoora night over there. Not just a great result for Glasgow but for Scottish rugby as a whole and it just shows what can be achieved when you create a proper connect between players and fans as Glasgow have done at Scotstoun. Townsend has been the catalyst and will probably move onto greater things when his contract is up.

Just wish Edinburgh could achieve the same thing at a smaller ground than Murrayfield with a Scottish coach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Outstanding performance from Glasgow tonight! The best performance from a Scottish pro team - ever - with four cracking tries and Yanutawa was outstanding. Thoroughly deserved his MotM. Great support from the Weegie fans too. I've got several mates over at the game and they'll be having a hoora night over there. Not just a great result for Glasgow but for Scottish rugby as a whole and it just shows what can be achieved when you create a proper connect between players and fans as Glasgow have done at Scotstoun. Townsend has been the catalyst and will probably move onto greater things when his contract is up.

Just wish Edinburgh could achieve the same thing at a smaller ground than Murrayfield with a Scottish coach.
    How much does Scotstoun hold? Was it built especially for Glasgow or has it been there from something previous? I've past it a few times on the train but never been