hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

12pm Kick Off theory.

I know I am paranoid and conspiracy theories can usually be easily discounted butI have deep misgivings about KO time for Saturdays match.

For me football teams best and most passionate performances tend to not happen at ridiculously early kick offs. Best crowds and games tend to be big evening games or late afternoon kick offs.

Is it any coincidence that the only play off game guaranteed to be at ER is the only game scheduled for the ridiculous time of 12pm?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I am paranoid and conspiracy theories can usually be easily discounted butI have deep misgivings about KO time for Saturdays match.

For me football teams best and most passionate performances tend to not happen at ridiculously early kick offs. Best crowds and games tend to be big evening games or late afternoon kick offs.

Is it any coincidence that the only play off game guaranteed to be at ER is the only game scheduled for the ridiculous time of 12pm?
    Elvis is alive, Marilyn was killed by the Kennedys and Jim Morrison was killed by the CIA, the moon landings were filmed in Hollywood and you once bought a round. All stories that cannot be proved!!😁 By the way what time is the bus tomorrow?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Elvis is alive, Marilyn was killed by the Kennedys and Jim Morrison was killed by the CIA, the moon landings were filmed in Hollywood and you once bought a round. All stories that cannot be proved!! By the way what time is the bus tomorrow?
    Ha ha I know.

I just think at this time you tend to get an insipid performance more often than not and the crowd tends to be more subdued and smaller.We need a barnstorming performance from Hibs tomorrow and I would be more confident of getting that with an evening Kick off.

Bus leaves at 10am and despite your conspiracy theories you are still first on the bell.

Testimonial Due
    When the kick off time was decided it was likely that Rangers would finish second and get the home advantage in the second leg.

I agree that the atmosphere generally suffers for it but to suggest there's anything sinister behind it (other than the SPFL's general incompetence at fixture scheduling) is just stupid.

It's to be a gorgeous day tomorrow. The hun will wilt in the heat of the mid-day sun. This is where the Spanish trip comes into it's own. Keep the faith :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    When the kick off time was decided it was likely that Rangers would finish second and get the home advantage in the second leg.

I agree that the atmosphere generally suffers for it but to suggest there's anything sinister behind it (other than the SPFL's general incompetence at fixture scheduling) is just stupid.
    I accept it probably is stupid but two other weekend fixtures are 17.30 and 15.00.

Hibs were in 2nd spot when fixtures were announced and Hibs were very vocal and clearly got under Doncaster's skin with issue of final day fixture scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    It's to be a gorgeous day tomorrow. The hun will wilt in the heat of the mid-day sun. This is where the Spanish trip comes into it's own. Keep the faith :-)
    I hope you're right

We pumped them already in the early kick of this season.

Hedged their bets it would be Hibs-Rangers and police want everyone sober and that lot back to Glasgow ASAP.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Elvis is alive, Marilyn was killed by the Kennedys and Jim Morrison was killed by the CIA, the moon landings were filmed in Hollywood and you once bought a round. All stories that cannot be proved!! By the way what time is the bus tomorrow?