hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Malonga was our best player last night.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why Stubbs can't deliver variety from corners is beyond me. Butcher and Fenlon were as bad. All we have done is replace Craig's floaty pish with Allan's floaty pish.
    That's probably not meant to be funny, but it is.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post

I thought I was hallucinating at one point when I saw him defending a corner

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    There were a couple of times that Malonga and Cummings ran into the box only a few feet apart from each other.

They need to get their positioning sorted between the two of them.
    Do you think that was because it wasn't happening for Cummings and so Malonga was pushing on more? Normally the big guy's positioning is good.

Apart from our lack of punch in the final 3rd ... not for the first time this season ... I think any talk of Hibs lacking fight in this game or giving the Huns too much respect is nonsense. When was the last time any team went to Ibrox and forced 13 odd corners, that's hardly indicative of a team failing to give it a go, goals or not.

Well done Malonga, I have been quick to criticise him this season but I thought he was excellent last night as were most of the players. If we had walked out of there 2 - 1 down instead of 2 - 0 I think we would be talking about a decent performance.

As it is we have probably given ourselves too much to do ... but until all hope is gone we are still in this. I for one don't think Hibs will throw caution to the wind on Saturday until we have no option ... 1 - 0 at half time will do me and then we will see.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Yeah can't believe he would be getting any stick. Class act. Could have done better with a couple of chances but overall was really good.
    I thought he was good but he never played well for the full 90, he ran out of steam midway through the second half, not his fault he ran himself into the ground. Stubbs needed to change both players. Cummings on the other hand wasnt at the races from start to finish today.

Aye decent game from DM. Fought to hold the ball up and bring other players into the game, don't think he lost a pass all night and set up Cummings for his shocking miss. Maybe could have done better with a couple of half chances but was one of the better performances last night.

As for the midfield......another story altogether.

GGTTH

Ifs buts and maybees aside!!
    cummings and malonga have been our main goal threat all season.
    just watched the first half again and for me Liam Craig(played ok) for mceouch is the only change I would expect for Saturday.
    I honestly think we will turn this around and both strikers will score on Saturday

Biggest problem we have is Hibs best matches have been against teams who have come at us (Huns, Yams). At 2-0, the Huns can just park the bus at ER knowing how bad we are at breaking teams down, and just hit us on the break. If we win this tie, it will be the best performance by a Hibs team is years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Why Stubbs can't deliver variety from corners is beyond me. Butcher and Fenlon were as bad. All we have done is replace Craig's floaty pish with Allan's floaty pish.
    Is the manager allowed to come on and take corners?

Agreed though about Allan's corners - they've been like that most of the season but we persist with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    That's probably not meant to be funny, but it is.

It made some of S43 laugh when I shouted it at the start of last season. As the season wore on and the floaty pish became like groundhog day, they started to shout it for me.

Malonga was decent. He was about the best player on the pitch for us and all he lacked was that goal. Unfortunately, that's his main responsibility but to say so and single him out is more than harsh. Could level "blame" at a few places but the bottom line is, we lost the game and we have it in us to win the return. Which frankly, is probably more important right now.

IF, we turn up and to quote the Yogmeister "give it a right good go". The question is, will we? I hope so, I believe so and all we need is more clinical finishing and a bit more guile in defensive work.......

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Was brilliant with the ball at his feet but he is shockingly bad in the air, half the time he looks as if he is jumping to avoid a live grenade. I'd drop Cummings for Easter road. Great goalscorer but he was lost last night. Farid and molonga if fit for me.