hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Breakthrough
    Re Hanlon, as you said he was again poor when it really matters and it's no coincidence that he's been at the heart of this very poor defense for the past 3-4 years, Stevenson is no FB or WB but you cannot deny his heart, maybe having a big heart just isn't enough and a new challenge for both players is what's needed.[/QUOTE]

100% spot on - I've shared this view for some time. Unpopular with some but change is now required for them and the Club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm worried that all our striker are signed up for next season yet this season has shown they can't get the goals.
    Really? 1st and 4th top goalscorers in the league but they can't get goals?

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Our priority for next season will unfortunately be promotion

I still don't think this is a discussion that can be had until we know what league we're in.

We have some integral figures out of contract within the next few weeks. Whether they stay or go will dictate whether they need to be supplemented or replaced.

I DO think that we have suffered from having so many players out of contract, it's never been a situation that has helped us in the past (remember the dip in form that the Latapy team had after Christmas)?

In the unlikely event that we held onto everyone, the priority would be how we join up the midfield and attack (Fenlon was often accused of not being able to do this). Getting Boyle on a longer contract would make a big difference.

Too often the final ball or cross doesn't quite cut it against the better teams we play. And even the chances we do create often go begging. I wouldn't be too unhappy with some fairly high-profile departures in midfield and up front allowing those who remain to be supplemented by players who complement them a bit better. Not necessarily needing better players - just different types. See the impact a player like Boyle has made, by no means a world-beater but just a style of play that helps the other players we already have.

Getting Farid fit (he can get his head on crosses) and signing Boyle longer term (sheer pace to get in behind defences) would be a great start.

Left by mutual consent!

Next season

1) Tall keeper who commands his box and who is good at crosses. 2) Bum fit wing backs who bomb forward but can also defend. 3) 2 strong, quick centre-backs. 4) 2 holding midfield players. 5) 1 creative midfield player who stays mostly in opposition half. 6) 3 up front who interchange. Sorted.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    1) Tall keeper who commands his box and who is good at crosses. 2) Bum fit wing backs who bomb forward but can also defend. 3) 2 strong, quick centre-backs. 4) 2 holding midfield players. 5) 1 creative midfield player who stays mostly in opposition half. 6) 3 up front who interchange. Sorted.
    How do you become bum fit?

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    How do you become bum fit?
    I don't think you want to know !

Our strikers have a good goals-to-games ratio, but they are playing in a League of a very low standard. I think their goals-to-chances-created ratio would be much less impressive. I don't know what this is, but you get some indication when you look at our goal difference is poor compared to say, Hearts, who put away their chances. Simply put, we are dominating teams on possession. Sometimes we are turning this into chances created (like the 1-2 Raith game, 0-1 Falkirk semi) sometimes not (like last night, and Falkirk 0-1 before Christmas). Our strikers have potential but often flatter to deceive in poor competition. Until they don't - then we have problems.