hibs.net Messageboard

travel insurance

hi

My brother and I are travelling to america next month and loking for some advice in regards travel insurance
    we are 25 and 31 no medical/health problems(though we are both a bit overweight)

what travel insurance have people got and prehaps used in the past and found it cheap and useful when things go wrong?

For us i think the things that are unforseen that is the issue for us... flight delays. some sorta accidents(remeber we are going to the usa) that have us wondering about the insurance we are not taken anything too exspensive, but IF our laugage at the airport some how got lost n stuff we dlike to be covered for that too.
    Neither of us have the account from the bank where we could get the insurnce for free so thats out of the window.
    so any advice would be most appreciated and thanks for reading

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Check out the money saving expert site by that Martin Lewis guy. There's lots of advice and comparison tips on there.

I have loads of medical issues and got my travel insurance through that site. Wasn't cheap for me but they did the groundwork on which company's are decent for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Check out the money saving expert site by that Martin Lewis guy. There's lots of advice and comparison tips on there.

I have loads of medical issues and got my travel insurance through that site. Wasn't cheap for me but they did the groundwork on which company's are decent for me.

ok thanks very much for your response.I have checked on the site as well as one of the camparison sites too, Just i have very little experince in dealing with travel insurance .last time we got it included in our price.
    But thank you again for the advice i ll keep checking !

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post
    hi

My brother and I are travelling to america next month and loking for some advice in regards travel insurance
    we are 25 and 31 no medical/health problems(though we are both a bit overweight)

what travel insurance have people got and prehaps used in the past and found it cheap and useful when things go wrong?

For us i think the things that are unforseen that is the issue for us... flight delays. some sorta accidents(remeber we are going to the usa) that have us wondering about the insurance we are not taken anything too exspensive, but IF our laugage at the airport some how got lost n stuff we dlike to be covered for that too.
    Neither of us have the account from the bank where we could get the insurnce for free so thats out of the window.
    so any advice would be most appreciated and thanks for reading
    Depending on who you bank with you might be able to upgrade your account to get the travel insurance included and then downgrade it back when you dont need it any more.

I have the ultimate reward account through bank of scotland which gives me worldwide travel insurance and that is what i have used for many years and several trips to USA without issues, even when a claim has had to be made for medical treatment.

I get free travel insurance with Nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Depending on who you bank with you might be able to upgrade your account to get the travel insurance included and then downgrade it back when you dont need it any more.

I have the ultimate reward account through bank of scotland which gives me worldwide travel insurance and that is what i have used for many years and several trips to USA without issues, even when a claim has had to be made for medical treatment.

Ok thank you for the feedback, My sis said something similar and im looking into this.being a bit *tight* with money im more a saver for money rather than a spender(no rod jokes please!)

and thanx trig for your feedback!! and i just love the pic by the way !!!