This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wallace
    McGoosh
    Shiels
    Zeefuik
    Swanson
    Davidson
    May ( loan )
    Why do some people rate Shiels so highly?

At his peak he managed about 1 good game in 3. Some fond memories of his time with us...but when he left most were satisfied to see him leave.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Celtic should not be allowed to take Scott Allan for less than 2M plus Griffiths and McGeouch.
    And Van Dyke

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    Why?
    I live in Aberdeen and have a lot of don pals. They tell me he is rank

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Andy Driver anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    He's always a first signing for Hibs on Football Manager when it's the computer controlling the game.

Competition for Lewis, I would think. Think it could only benefit him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJWBathgateHFC View Post
    He's always a first signing for Hibs on Football Manager when it's the computer controlling the game.

Competition for Lewis, I would think. Think it could only benefit him.
    If Lewis stays beyond the summer that is.....

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    If Lewis stays beyond the summer that is.....
    Stubbsy sees the love for him from the stands and it's his testimonial year. 1yr deal I think.

@hibs.net private member
    Stubbsy sees the love for him from the stands and it's his testimonial year. 1yr deal I think.
    There's no sentiment when it comes to improving the club and ensuring we continue to move forward. I think he'll be off following the play-offs especially if we get promoted.

The ex Everton goalkeeper Iain Turner has been released from tranmere I think, with his Everton / Scottish links surely he will be linked with Stubbs and us?

At Easter Road we play...

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Eh, carried away methinks.

I suspect Lewis will be off at the end of the season, along with the others from the relegated squad who have not yet been offered contracts. Maybe promotion will change that, but not because these guys are waiting to see which league we play in (that might apply to guys like Fyvie and Fontaine).

There's no sentiment when it comes to improving the club and ensuring we continue to move forward. I think he'll be off following the play-offs especially if we get promoted.
    If it's about continuing to improve we should be getting Lewis signed up.
    And as for sentiment, yes I do want to see the guy get testimonial. His contribution, effort, attitude, determination and versatility deserves to be recognised and I think most fans feel the same.
    Would be really sad if he left now.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Maybe Lewis hasn't been offered a contract?

The squad is pretty strong and we should focus on retaining all the keys players who are out of contract. Fontaine, Fyvie and Mc Geough ( is he out of contract at Celtic?). I'd be happy to see some fringe players and the likes of Craig and Robertson go. I would trust Stubbs to get the right players in and feel it's, on the balance, worth shaking up things a little more.
    They started negotiations iat some point I remember reading and he has been linked with other clubs so I think it's fair to say he is biding his time and at his age one year extensions are no use he will be looking for this next contract to be longer and more lucrative and you can't blame him for that

But as everyone has said until we know where we are playing our football next season nothing is likely to happen on Transfer front as Stubbsbudget will change if up for the better and don't know if it would go down if we stay down

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Would be surprised and disappointed if Lewis didn't get a new deal.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by woodythehibee View Post
    Would be surprised and disappointed if Lewis didn't get a new deal.
    I think he's a certainty to be offered a new deal. He has been one of our best players this season, was named in the player's team of the season, and won the sponsor's player of the season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    The ex Everton goalkeeper Iain Turner has been released from tranmere I think, with his Everton / Scottish links surely he will be linked with Stubbs and us?

At Easter Road we play...
    Bloody well hope not, he's absolutely rank.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Bloody well hope not, he's absolutely rank.
    He was atrocious when at Dunfermline on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Why do some people rate Shiels so highly?

At his peak he managed about 1 good game in 3. Some fond memories of his time with us...but when he left most were satisfied to see him leave.
    Agree, very inconsistent and three years at Ibrox will not have improved him. Would be a massive step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    And as for sentiment, yes I do want to see the guy get testimonial. His contribution, effort, attitude, determination and versatility deserves to be recognised and I think most fans feel the same.
    I think he probably is worth a new deal but let's cut out the sentimentality. If we can get better then that's what we have to do. If he has to move on then we thank Lewis for his service and both parties move on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I think if we get promoted he will find a better left back. Whether that means Stevenson leaves or not remains to be seen but his best season to date has been in the first division that doesn't bode well if we get to the premier league.

He has been great this year but can Stubbs improve his ability further to play as consistently well in the league above, I am not so sure especially at left back.

I think if we get promoted he will find a better left back. Whether that means Stevenson leaves or not remains to be seen but his best season to date has been in the first division that doesn't bode well if we get to the premier league.

He has been great this year but can Stubbs improve his ability further to play as consistently well in the league above, I am not so sure especially at left back.
    With that logic should we look to get rid of all the other players just because they have done well in this division? Lets not keep blaming players for what happened last year. Butcher and Malpas did that. They stopped players using their abilities and strengths.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    With that logic should we look to get rid of all the other players just because they have done well in this division? Lets not keep blaming players for what happened last year. Butcher and Malpas did that. They stopped players using their abilities and strengths.
    Fair point to an extent but when was Stevenson's last full good season?

The squad we have now is good but it still needs improving should we be promoted! We'll see what happens over the next few games but either way I think there will be several changes to the squad again some down to contract expiry others down to just not being good enough to take us where we all want to be. eg 3rd/4th in league above etc

Stevenson should 100% be offerred a new contract, he has been brilliant this season and even if we got a better left back he would be a great squad player to have.

Clark Robertson - My aberdeen supporting friends dont rate him in the slightest, having said that he is only young and has had alot of injuries.
    Dean Shiels - No thank you, would never get in our current team and he hasnt impressed when iv watched him lately. (Watch him play a blinder tonight)
    Danny Rogers - Brilliant on loan this season for Dumbarton from aberdeen, out of contract this summer. Young goalkeeper with alot of first team experience already. Won alot of end of season awards.
    Joe Shaugnessy - Another aberdeen youngster out of contract, young defender always seemed quite good when i have watched him. Wouldnt get a game ahead of forster/fontaine/hanlon
    Gavin reilly - Had a really good couple of seasons and certainly knows where the back of the net is, very composed finisher. However he did not impress against rangers.
    Danny Carmichael - Old fashion winger with 2 good feet and can beat a man.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    If Stevenson is not here next season i'll be returning my season ticket.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Danny Rogers - Brilliant on loan this season for Dumbarton from aberdeen, out of contract this summer. Young goalkeeper with alot of first team experience already. Won alot of end of season awards.

Has already agreed a new contract at Aberdeen mate, would have agreed been great this season for Dumbarton.

First Team Breakthrough
    As iv mentioned previously Mark Durnan from Queens would be agreat signing for us...he was a bit unlucky with injuries toward end of season but when fit is a very solid player. The other name i would mention is a young boy called Donald McCallum who is with Ian Murray at Dumbarton.Only had a few apearances off the bench this year but netted twice.Looked cool in front of goal when he scored at Palmerston and would seem to be developing at sons ver quickly...would expect him to be a regular for them next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cannastar View Post
    As iv mentioned previously Mark Durnan from Queens would be agreat signing for us...he was a bit unlucky with injuries toward end of season but when fit is a very solid player. The other name i would mention is a young boy called Donald McCallum who is with Ian Murray at Dumbarton.Only had a few apearances off the bench this year but netted twice.Looked cool in front of goal when he scored at Palmerston and would seem to be developing at sons ver quickly...would expect him to be a regular for them next year.
    My son became friends with him on holiday a couple of years ago. Really nice guy but never seen him play yet.

Already a few players from this list linked to us. A number of them could be very good signings.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    If Stevenson is not here next season i'll be returning my season ticket.
    Still of this opinion? Absolutely brutal last night.

He's been good this year, the Championship is his level I feel unfortunately.

I doubt we'll go up now but if we do he'll definitely be off.

On another note, signings wise, we urgently need some wingers and a striker who scores more than 1 in every 8 chances.

Still of this opinion? Absolutely brutal last night.

He's been good this year, the Championship is his level I feel unfortunately.

I doubt we'll go up now but if we do he'll definitely be off.

On another note, signings wise, we urgently need some wingers and a striker who scores more than 1 in every 8 chances.
    Always amazed at "fans" who revel in the odd poor performance from a player just for the sake of a "I told ya so" Very sad.

We need a new left back unfortunately.

Lewis wouldn't be the first I'd look to replace but we need an attacking full back if we're going to take the game to teams.