hibs.net Messageboard

Looking for somewhere central for a function

Hi Guys, I am looking for a central location to host a group of friends from Belgium on a Saturday night in September. We would need somewhere that can seat 30 plus people for a meal and if possible some entertainment. Ideally a Scottish themed restaurant/bar that does decent food. It's difficult to book that many seats. I tried places like Ghillie Dhu but they can't take the booking. Any help appreciated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Perhaps not as central as you want, but Cafe Cassis on Salisbury Road may suit your requirements. French menu with a Scottish flavour. You could probably hire the whole dining room.
    Entertainment could also be arranged by yourself or the owners may even have a list of contacts?!?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps not as central as you want, but Cafe Cassis on Salisbury Road may suit your requirements. French menu with a Scottish flavour. You could probably hire the whole dining room.
    Entertainment could also be arranged by yourself or the owners may even have a list of contacts?!?
    Thanks for the suggestion, ill check it out. There is also a french place in Shandwick Place that may be suitable.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Does it have to be Scottish? Vittoria on the Bridge or on Leith walk woukd easily take you as they both have party rooms ideal for large groups.

The news room across from St James centre.it has an area at the back that would easily seat 30 and no bad food.

Quote Originally Posted by leemel View Post
    The news room across from St James centre.it has an area at the back that would easily seat 30 and no bad food.
    The Newsroom is nice but I refuse to go there after the renamed their bar/club downstairs 5one

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Try The Golf Tavern at Bruntsfield. They have a cracking bar upstairs that may be available. They can supply a meal or buffet and host live music so could help with that too. Tell them Frazer from The Illicit Still recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Try The Golf Tavern at Bruntsfield. They have a cracking bar upstairs that may be available. They can supply a meal or buffet and host live music so could help with that too. Tell them Frazer from The Illicit Still recommend them.
    Thanks for the suggestion Frazer.

[QUOTE=Gus;4376490]The Newsroom is nice but I refuse to go there after the renamed their bar/club downstairs 5one[/QUOTE]

That's that place off the guest list then!

Have you saw the sign above the door @ The 4IH? IV, surely a Stewards Enquiry! ;-)

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Try the Safarai a lounge at Abbeyhill great room through the back cracking food the back room also has its own bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Further up the road so a bit less central, but the merlin in Morningside fits the bill.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Pub in Morningside loves groups, very friendly and accommodating I believe. Think it's called Canny Mans or something like that.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Pub in Morningside loves groups, very friendly and accommodating I believe. Think it's called Canny Mans or something like that.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    There is the Cuckoo's Nest on Home Street and the Canons' Gait on the Royal Mile - both have large function rooms downstairs.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    hee hee