hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope, Hibs said they would look at options if we sold out our ends, we haven't.....Fairly simplistic to understand.................

We get the same allocation that we have had the previous 3 times we have been at Ibrox this season....
    We requested an increased allocation for the most recent of those three visits but it was rejected.

We sold out our normal allocation several days before the game and could easily have sold many more but Sevco turned us down, apparently on safety grounds.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Yep. It's got a bit out of proportion on here.

It might be a little different if we were in danger of Hibs fans missing the home game but that seems to be far from the case.
    If we do play the The Rangers and we have given an allocation of 3500 to them, pick up a good result at Ibrox and we could see Hibs fans losing out.

Only themselves to blame though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    If folk put their money where their mouth is we can tell Rangers to bolt (if they get through).

With only 5-6k tickets sold, giving them the full away end is, financially, a no-brainer.

Fill the place with Hibs fans, make the decision easy for the club.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Who says I am accepting it? I have said to Leeann's face that I think we should restrict their numbers. The problem is our support are not playing the game and buying tickets early.

I can see their argument but don't agree with it. It would all be solved if a decent number of supporters bought tickets early or if QoS win the previous round.

Solve the argument yourselves by buying now. Force the boards hand
    Rangers have already forced our hand by giving us a ridiculously low allocation.

I wish people would stop linking our home sales to their allocation for Easter road. It should have NOTHING to do with it!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    If folk put their money where their mouth is we can tell Rangers to bolt (if they get through).

With only 5-6k tickets sold, giving them the full away end is, financially, a no-brainer.

Yip, though 6000 were sold as of this morning

When can we expect an announcement on this?

Hibs said they would make a decision today but it's getting a bit late and we don't seem to have heard anything yet.

"Financially a no brainer"??

It's 20 bloody grand Matty. Perhaps less if we actually sell a lot.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Rangers have already forced our hand by giving us a ridiculously low allocation.

I wish people would stop linking our home sales to their allocation for Easter road. It should have NOTHING to do with it!
    They have done exactly what they are entitled to do. Why do folk expect them to have given us more than what they need to??

So we want to reduce their allocation to minimise the impact their fans have but want them to increase our normal allocation??

@hibs.net private member

It has EVERYTHING to do with it. We were told if we bought early it would restrict tickets given to opposition teams. That is the Board line.

As I have said I don't agree with it but I can do **** all about it. The only solution is to sell our tickets in superquick time. If we were at 10,000 or so just now they would have a decision to make, we aren't, so it is helping them to make the decision we don't want.

Yip, though 6000 were sold as of this morning
    So what?

There's a week to go and we don't even know who we're playing yet.

I haven't bought mine yet.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    When can we expect an announcement on this?

Hibs said they would make a decision today but it's getting a bit late and we don't seem to have heard anything yet.
    Leeann is at St Pat's AGM tonight, maybe hear something there.

It has EVERYTHING to do with it. We were told if we bought early it would restrict tickets given to opposition teams. That is the Board line.

As I have said I don't agree with it but I can do **** all about it. The only solution is to sell our tickets in superquick time. If we were at 10,000 or so just now they would have a decision to make, we aren't, so it is helping them to make the decision we don't want.
    It should have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Was this before or after rangers said they would give us 900?

Coaching Staff

I don't think petulance and tit for tat is the way to make decisions. Maybe you do?

I don't think petulance and tit for tat is the way to make decisions. Maybe you do?
    You think standing up for yourself is petulance?

You'd better hope your "interaction" theory works and the few thousand pounds make a difference.

Coaching Staff
    You think standing up for yourself is petulance?

You'd better hope your "interaction" theory works and the few thousand pounds make a difference.
    Standing up for what? All Rangers have done is kept the same arrangements.

I don't feel we need to go out our way to have empty seats in some sort of response.

I really don't care about a few thousand pounds. It's got little to do with it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    "Financially a no brainer"??

It's 20 bloody grand Matty. Perhaps less if we actually sell a lot.
    20 grand pays for a member of staff, Peter. It could be the difference between getting a great young player or missing out, or the shortfall between our budget and a player's demands.

You talk about it like it's pennies, but that income is valuable. £20k taken here means we don't have to find it elsewhere - it's easy for us to say it's only £20k but when you are responsible for the club you have to think what that money can get you.
    Last edited by matty_f; 14-05-2015 at 05:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member

It was said when the details were announced so before. It doesn't matter whether it SHOULD have nothing to do with it, it does.

At the end of the day we are a business as well as a football club whether we like it or not we have to live within our means. That means getting as much money in as possible to try and sign Fyvie, Scott Allan on a new contract, tie up Stubbsy for longer etc.

I am disappointed in the take up of our own fans so far. There is nothing to suggest we will come close to selling out 3 stands. I appreciate there is over a week to go but this was our opportunity to say we don't need as many of your fans to sell out this game.

So might as well just give them what they usually get and focus on winning the tie. This is causing unnecessary divide when we should united in our efforts of kicking their ass!!!!!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

A full away end would be a help, Stubbs wants a full home support presumably to act as the 12th man. Give them 400 and stick them on the top tier as far away as bloody possible, so they cant have the same effect as 3800 would.

Unless you think supporters don't have any effect?

Hearts have reduced and then given them the full allocation and again reduced it. So your scaremongering about how they might not take their full allocation in future is just that.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    They haven't really shafted us though have they? They have done exactly what the rules that are in place allow them to do. Why would they want to sell more to us than normal when they don't have to??
    Na but for a game of this nature 950 tickets is poor. IMO we shouldn't give them any more than we need to in return, which for me is substantially less than that whole end.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    If we end up with rangers, consider;

* They are the most vile, disgusting, biggoted and reprehensible club in the world
    * WTAF! Why would we give them a single seat more than they are giving us proportionaitely?
    >>> If its for money, this shouldn't be about money. By virtue of our being in play-off's, there is already "extra" money
    >>> If its for any other reason, that's not good enough either.
    >>> This is RANGERS. Why give them a ****ing thing? So they can return the favour? Yep. They done that alright.

I would not give them the steam of my piss. Not one extra ticket proportionaitely should they get. Not one. That's called making a ****ing stand and doing the right thing.

Football may be a business but sometimes you need to have the baws to stand up for your principles. And lets be honest, over £12,000? Is that the price of having balls and principles now?

Give them **** all Hibs. Nitto. Better still, throw a great big **** off wall up around Ingilston and keep them oot Edinburgh completely.

ENDOF
    With you all the way on this !. ****** them and ****** worrying about possible 'future boycotts' - they are the lowest-of-the-low and should be treated like low-life deserve !

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    A full away end would be a help, Stubbs wants a full home support presumably to act as the 12th man. Give them 400 and stick them on the top tier as far away as bloody possible, so they cant have the same effect as 3800 would.

Unless you think supporters don't have any effect?

Hearts have reduced and then given them the full allocation and again reduced it. So your scaremongering about how they might not take their full allocation in future is just that.
    Support has some effect. So does a decent atmosphere overall.

We have an away end the size it is though.

Should we do away with it so we win all our home games from now?

In the games with them do far the team with the smallest support usually wins.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Na but for a game of this nature 950 tickets is poor. IMO we shouldn't give them any more than we need to in return, which for me is substantially less than that whole end.
    I'm no disputing that it's poor and I'm no advocating we give them the full end but I think to say that they are shafting us is wrong. We want to minimise their normal allocation but want them to increase ours??

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Support has some effect. So does a decent atmosphere overall.

We have an away end the size it is though.

Should we do away with it so we win all our home games from now?

When have sevco EVER created anything other than an atmosphere filled with hatred and bile?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    IMO the club have to weigh up what is more important to them here. Do they stand up for our supporters and say to rangers, you've shafted us so we'll do the same to you. Or do they look at it from a revenue perspective and fill the away end with Huns.

The club have been telling us how much of a difference a full Easter Road will make to the team. So presumably, they'll accept they'd be handing Rangers a boost by giving them a full end. And for me, any slight advantage in this game is massive.
    Your last paragraph is the key point for me. Stubbs has said he'd love to see a full Easter Road. Is it realistic to expect tickets to sell strongly 10 days in advance when the opposition isn't known?

Why not assume the opposition get half the away end. If by close of play Thursday 21st we've not sold enough then release more tickets to Rangers to sell on the Friday. Quite easy and I doubt this impacts policing arrangements.

If Hibs did some analysis of last 18/20k type crowds it would likely show a lot of tickets were sold in final few days as the hype builds.

Our allocation for Ibrox is irrelevant to me, it's all about giving Hibs fans the best chance to fill our ground

Ok arguments about being shafted or not aside, we should give them the minimum number to boost our own chances. A full away end spouting bile can intimidate the officials and give their Shan players a lift. Does anyone think we are only getting 950 tickets (if they get through) so more sevco fans can attend? Ram them and their whole end I say

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I'm no disputing that it's poor and I'm no advocating we give them the full end but I think to say that they are shafting us is wrong. We want to minimise their normal allocation but want them to increase ours??
    I would have been happy enough for them to have the south stand if we could have came to some kind of agreement over our allocation through there. Shafted maybe isn't the right word but I don't think they'll have shown any real interest in negotiating with us over it.

It was said when the details were announced so before. It doesn't matter whether it SHOULD have nothing to do with it, it does.

At the end of the day we are a business as well as a football club whether we like it or not we have to live within our means. That means getting as much money in as possible to try and sign Fyvie, Scott Allan on a new contract, tie up Stubbsy for longer etc.
    First and foremost we are a football club and things like sporting advantage should come first, especially for games like this.

I appreciate we need to be run like a business but if we allow rangers any advantage at all for the sake of a £15k windfall I will be absolutely disgusted. That's what we will be doing if we give them proportionately more tickets than they give us. This is a make or break tie and were acting like scrooges??

Amit has said that the board are now fully aware of fans feelings about this so I hope they act accordingly.

20 grand pays for a member of staff, Peter. It could be the difference between getting a great young player or missing out, or the shortfall between our budget and a player's demands.

You talk about it like it's pennies, but that income is valuable. £20k taken here means we don't have to find it elsewhere - it's easy for us to say it's only £20k but when you are responsible for the club you have to think what that money can get you.
    There are better ways to get a few grand than this. Risk harming the teams promotion chances for a new mini bus?

No thanks.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    So what?

There's a week to go and we don't even know who we're playing yet.

I haven't bought mine yet.
    why