hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theres a lot of knickers getting in a twist on this thread. They will get the normal allocation of that Im almost certain.
    You will probably be right, but I hope you are wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    So those who are unhappy about this are simply "getting their knickers in a twist"?

What do you mean by that? That they we are disproportionately upset?
    As for your assumption that they will get their "normal" allocation, they had better bloody not.
    So far our sales for the home leg are pitiful......There was an email from LD explaining if sales were good, they would look at further tickets for home fans.... The take up makes that look unlikely.....

Re the part in bold, what are supporter's going to do if we give them full allocation? It's not Hibs or the Board's fault, that our own fans haven't sold out.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    The yams cut the Rangers allocation for games at Tynie, yet Rangers give them 2000 tickets for a league game at Ibrox, 1100 more than what we get, what have Hibs done to upset the bears.

Bit in bold, no chance that will happen, there fans will demand tickets to be put on sale by the club, you are scaremongering a bit when you keep saying that as you have no information that they will even consider doing that, only you that is putting that that out there that the Rangers will refuse allocation for tickets at ER, no chance they will do that.
    These are the exact same arguments that Rangers and the SPFL will use if we do cut their allocation to a fair amount. League games aren't two-legged knock our affairs and we AREN'T being let in with our season tickets. This comparison plays right into their hands and allows them an advantage (forget all this "interaction" nonsense..a big hun presence will help them ).

Maybe those who are umming and awing about this should consider the loyalty point hassle caused by their pitiful allocation for us. Do league games normally have this type of demand? By not matching their allocation we are basically telling them that it's OK to treat us like this.

If you don't mind them getting the full stand that's exactly what you are doing so you kind of take away your right to complain when we get shat on the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    So far our sales for the home leg are pitiful......There was an email from LD explaining if sales were good, they would look at further tickets for home fans.... The take up makes that look unlikely.....

Re the part in bold, what are supporter's going to do if we give them full allocation? It's not Hibs or the Board's fault, that our own fans haven't sold out.....
    What does us selling out have to do with the price of cheese?

We're getting 2% of the crowd when we could take much more. We should give them exactly the same if we sell 10 or 10000 home tickets.

Do you not think we've been shafted here?

What does us selling out have to do with the price of cheese?

We're getting 2% of the crowd when we could take much more. We should give them exactly the same if we sell 10 or 10000 home tickets.

Do you not think we've been shafted here?
    Nope, Hibs said they would look at options if we sold out our ends, we haven't.....Fairly simplistic to understand.................

We get the same allocation that we have had the previous 3 times we have been at Ibrox this season....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I'm no mathematician but my calculations, giving them the full South at 15 quid a heid only equates to 51 grand. We only see 25% of this so the club are only making £12750. Plus we've stewarding and policing costs to factor in to look after 3800 Huns.

Give them 400 tickets at 15 quid a head and after deductions the club will be pocketing £1500, plus there's presumably a far less financial outlay for stewards and polis.

Do the Hibs board risk seriously pissing off a large chunk of their support for the sake of a measly 12 grand, at the same time as giving Rangers the huge boost of a packed and boisterous away end?

No brainer. Give Rangers the bare minimum and tell the ****ers to bolt when they start their whinging. Hibs need to stand up for themselves on this one after our paltry Ibrox allowance.
    Don't disagree with restricting any allocation to QoS or the The Rangers but surely it is 50% of ticket money before costs we keep so £25000 plus before costs. Gate is not split between clubs

Nope, Hibs said they would look at options if we sold out our ends, we haven't.....Fairly simplistic to understand.................

We get the same allocation that we have had the previous 3 times we have been at Ibrox this season....
    What has the last 3 visits got to do with this visit? This is a play off game so demand is higher and should have been given.

Hibs are well within it's rights to therefore reduce Rangers ticket amounts as a result but I don't think they will have the bottle.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    What has the last 3 visits got to do with this visit? This is a play off game so demand is higher and should have been given.

Hibs are well within it's rights to therefore reduce Rangers ticket amounts as a result but I don't think they will have the bottle.
    We are getting the usual allocation, not hard to understand is it?

These were league games and this isn't a normal league game. This is a two legged knock out and our promotion depends on this.

We can give them what we like and we should respond to their pitiful allocation.

I'm absolutely stunned that anyone thinks this is OK, especially hard core fans.

We have been utterly shafted here and giving them a full Dunbar is just telling them we don't mind.

These were league games and this isn't a normal league game. This is a two legged knock out and our promotion depends on this.

We can give them what we like and we should respond to their pitiful allocation.

I'm absolutely stunned that anyone thinks this is OK, especially hard core fans.

We have been utterly shafted here and giving them a full Dunbar is just telling them we don't mind.
    How have we been utterly shafted?

I wish you would stop that patronising tone.

People understand perfectly what you are saying.

I dont think that answered my question?
    Cougars!!!

I wish you would stop that patronising tone.

People understand perfectly what you are saying.
    Patronising? Hardly

How have we been utterly shafted?
    Do you want me to go over the percentages of the crowd we would be getting?

I dont think that answered my question?
    Oh well then......

Do you want me to go over the percentages of the crowd we would be getting?
    No, I'm fully aware thanks

Oh well then......
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member

The problem is that demand has not been higher. It is nothing to do with bottle it is to do with finances.

Everyone seems to be making 2 assumptions -
    1 We are playing The Rangers and
    2. That the great The Rangers support will push them on to victory.

From what I have heard the The Rangers support has been honking this season and get on their backs all the time. Not that it is intended but their support could help us in the event of us getting an early goal.

The thing is that it could still be QoS

No, I'm fully aware thanks
    Do you think you will have trouble getting a ticket for Ibrox?

What about your mates who perhaps won't be able to go because of high demand and a "normal" allocation for this very important game?

Do you think you will have trouble getting a ticket for Ibrox?

What about your mates who perhaps won't be able to go because of high demand and a "normal" allocation for this very important game?
    Having the maximum number of points, I hope I am OK

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    The problem is that demand has not been higher. It is nothing to do with bottle it is to do with finances.

From what I have heard the The Rangers support has been honking this season and get on their backs all the time. Not that it is intended but their support could help us in the event of us getting an early goal.

Their crowd will help them. Why are people trying to twist this into a negative for them?

Are people that subjugated and so used to being treated unfairly that we just accept it now?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

If you look at the tickets for QOTS you will see we get 3000.

If we play Rangers we get 900odd how is that fair? The play offs are not about making money as they are a non budgeted game so this is an excuse to justify giving them tickets that are not deserved.
    Cougars!!!

Having the maximum number of points, I hope I am OK
    Good for you.

You'll be heavily outnumbered because they know the benefits of having a small away crowd.

I wish we did too.

Good for you.

You'll be heavily outnumbered because they know the benefits of having a small away crowd.

I wish we did too.
    We are heavily outnumbered every time we play them at Ibrox.......

IMO the club have to weigh up what is more important to them here. Do they stand up for our supporters and say to rangers, you've shafted us so we'll do the same to you. Or do they look at it from a revenue perspective and fill the away end with Huns.

The club have been telling us how much of a difference a full Easter Road will make to the team. So presumably, they'll accept they'd be handing Rangers a boost by giving them a full end. And for me, any slight advantage in this game is massive.

We are heavily outnumbered every time we play them at Ibrox.......
    But this is different though. I've made the same point on about twelve different threads so I'm out for now. QOS will probably win anyway.

Peace.

But this is different though. I've made the same point on about twelve different threads so I'm out for now. QOS will probably win anyway.

Peace.
    Let's hope so......

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    IMO the club have to weigh up what is more important to them here. Do they stand up for our supporters and say to rangers, you've shafted us so we'll do the same to you. Or do they look at it from a revenue perspective and fill the away end with Huns.

The club have been telling us how much of a difference a full Easter Road will make to the team. So presumably, they'll accept they'd be handing Rangers a boost by giving them a full end. And for me, any slight advantage in this game is massive.
    They haven't really shafted us though have they? They have done exactly what the rules that are in place allow them to do. Why would they want to sell more to us than normal when they don't have to??

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    They haven't really shafted us though have they? They have done exactly what the rules that are in place allow them to do. Why would they want to sell more to us than normal when they don't have to??
    Yep. It's got a bit out of proportion on here.

It might be a little different if we were in danger of Hibs fans missing the home game but that seems to be far from the case.

@hibs.net private member
    Their crowd will help them. Why are people trying to twist this into a negative for them?

Are people that subjugated and so used to being treated unfairly that we just accept it now?
    Who says I am accepting it? I have said to Leeann's face that I think we should restrict their numbers. The problem is our support are not playing the game and buying tickets early.

I can see their argument but don't agree with it. It would all be solved if a decent number of supporters bought tickets early or if QoS win the previous round.

Solve the argument yourselves by buying now. Force the boards hand