hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Edinburgh rugby

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone wants to use their Hibs Football Season Ticket to go and watch Peanut Huggers they should be banned for life!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    My Egg Chasing source tells me that there will be no official move to Easter Road for Edinburgh Rugby this season, however there might be one or two games played during the coming season to trial the concept.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    My Egg Chasing source tells me that there will be no official move to Easter Road for Edinburgh Rugby this season, however there might be one or two games played during the coming season to trial the concept.
    Straight from the BBC website which also suggested that a more permanent arrangement could be sought.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Straight from the BBC website which also suggested that a more permanent arrangement could be sought.
    Didnt realise it was on the BBC website sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Didnt realise it was on the BBC website sorry
    Get yer pal telt!

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Give them Meadowbank to share with Edinburgh city......

You could probably move the pitch next to the current main stand then build a decent smaller one across from it.

That probably wouldn't be necessary, as the Main Stand at Meadowbank holds over 7,000, more than enough for Edinburgh Rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    That probably wouldn't be necessary, as the Main Stand at Meadowbank holds over 7,000, more than enough for Edinburgh Rugby.
    Pretty sure that main stand last passed a H&S certificate around about the Mowbray era....

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Wells was also drug tested on many occasions and passed every time.
    Ayes, but so were Carl Lewis and Marion Jones, until they we caught. Lancelot Armstrong was never caught out. It proves nothing, especially when you read about how easy it is to avoid

As for Edinburgh Rugby, they can GTF, unless they fund a pitch which can take the strain.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    And Drew McMaster is such a credible source, particularly when it comes to Wells.
    I knew Drew pretty well he used to do our pre- season sprint training and used to stay just a couple of doors away from me. Funnily enough Alan Wells chiropodist used to be by neighbour, still got a signed photo of him somewhere, anyway back to Drew he did have chip on his shoulder, and was a bit of a blaw and pi$$ heed but he was always very consistent about his stories of Alan Wells. My take on it was Drew was more peed off because he was to slow in getting in the drugs scene and by then everyone else was to far ahead. For a wee town in East Lothian to have someone like Drew McMaster and George McNeil so talented at there sport at the same time is pretty remarkable I think.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I played rugby for 22 years from school age, I played 4 times for the old original Edinburgh district team back in the early 80's when the game was still amateur, we played club rugby and training was all about running with the ball, passing and tackling, no one then knew what a gym was. Today's players are poor technique wise, yes bigger but just crap players..........give me the Hastings brothers, Calder twins and John Jeffrey any day of the week.
    Just going by you profile and a massive assumption but did Porty not have a really good team around then. Well done getting into the Edinburgh team in that era!
    There is a lot of nostalgia with rugby myself included and yes the ones you mention could probably hold there own in the modern game but there were loads that would not.

Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    Just going by you profile and a massive assumption but did Porty not have a really good team around then. Well done getting into the Edinburgh team in that era!
    There is a lot of nostalgia with rugby myself included and yes the ones you mention could probably hold there own in the modern game but there were loads that would not.
    Went to Trinity, a Leith lad I was.

I was in the right place at the right time, Trinity were old 2nd division, I played inside centre and there was a few call offs, I got asked to go to their training session and did enough to get picked for the squad. TBH I only just good enough to get the squad but managed 4 games, 2 as a sub, when all the top guys were fit I never had a look in.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Went to Trinity, a Leith lad I was.

I was in the right place at the right time, Trinity were old 2nd division, I played inside centre and there was a few call offs, I got asked to go to their training session and did enough to get picked for the squad. TBH I only just good enough to get the squad but managed 4 games, 2 as a sub, when all the top guys were fit I never had a look in.
    I got one game for the national league Edinburgh team when they used to run 2 Edinburgh teams for the premiership teams and one for the national league teams and that was due to call off's and my coach was the coach of the Edinburgh team then

First Team Breakthrough
    awful sport that shouldn't be played anywhere near easter road especially if it ends up aiding the yams

My other team is Oxford United, who ground share with London Welsh. The playing surface has been destroyed by the rugby, which has now resulted in having to cough up thousands to relay the surface with a combined grass/artificial finish. NOT GOOD!

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...hare-1-3798714

Hopefully this is just a case of Leanne playing hardball in the negotiations - quicker we get this tied up and extra £ in the door, the better.

Steady lads, steady. It's not a subject worth bothering about.

It's not long now until the start of the fitba season.

Speaking to an egg chasing colleague, he reckons ER is a non-starter. Most fans are against it, lack of transport links, no tram, parking etc. Pitch to small and Murrayfield have just had their sooper-dooper hybird installed.

His preferred and other Edinburgh Rugby'ers is to apparently have temporary stand errected with standing & seating up the running track at Murrayfield...

Would suit me. I'm all for having extra income from ER but not at the expense of the team. Imagine a rugby game on a wet Friday in November and Hibs at home on the Saturday. Pitch would be a wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Speaking to an egg chasing colleague, he reckons ER is a non-starter. Most fans are against it, lack of transport links, no tram, parking etc. Pitch to small and Murrayfield have just had their sooper-dooper hybird installed.

His preferred and other Edinburgh Rugby'ers is to apparently have temporary stand errected with standing & seating up the running track at Murrayfield...

Would suit me. I'm all for having extra income from ER but not at the expense of the team. Imagine a rugby game on a wet Friday in November and Hibs at home on the Saturday. Pitch would be a wreck.
    No tram - that's an interesting addition to the endless list of excuses for non attendance at home games.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post

The elephant in the room here is that most Edinburgh Rugby fans probably wouldn't fancy spending their Friday evening in leith, so crowds would suffer.

I think they should expand meggetland a bit and play there, using murrayfield for the odd big game. But if the SRU want to pursue Easter Rd, thanks for the money!