hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Signed my cheque for 600 odd quid when I won the happy hibby so a good man for me. 😋

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    I was at Tynecastle high school with Gary ,Hibby born n bred ,he is an honest guy whom i feel would have been one of the first at the stadium and the guy who would turn the lights off when he left late at night,good luck in your new venture what ever it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you know his face doesn't fit? You know this for a fact presumably?

"Being let go" - fired / made redundant?
    Made redundant.

Coaching Staff
    When Dempster first held the fan sessions she said there were too many people in executive positions on the board. No doubt much of these tasks can be carried out by lesser administrative roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    When Dempster first held the fan sessions she said there were too many people in executive positions on the board. No doubt much of these tasks can be carried out by lesser administrative roles.
    Sounds like this guy was doing a good job amongst a shower of (many, not all necessarily) useless getts. I am not opening a board debate as we all have our thoughts. However, if someone else is now doing their job with more responsibilities (it should probably always have been that way), it looks like the casualties will start falling out.

Shame it wasnt petrie but everything comes to those who wait. Meantime, I'll settle for Dempster doing HER job, ideally cutting as many costs as possible and I suspect (even for the good guys on the board) we'll all welcome more money towards the team..........less money spent anywhere but on the team is money not spent as well as it should be in my opinion and its precisely the biggest issue I have with Petrie and his pals; stadium and training ground are great...............they dont win ****ing football matches though, players do. And thats where I leave that well hammered debate too.

Good luck to the guy; he seems to be one of the better board members from some in the know on here. (and lets hope more follow him, ideally the less useful board members/whoever that may be)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    It means his face doesn't fit and he is being let go .....
    Faced with the choice I would rather Hibs had kept Garry O'Hagan and let you two go. But then I know Garry and don't know either of you very well so that may be unfair.

One thing's for sure. He managed a 60 hour week for 16 years and Hibs are going to need more than 1 FTE to replace him. One of the most personable and talented managers I have known - not just at Hibs but in 40 years of working life. Worthy of a special award from our club. Good luck G, it's been a pleasure to know you.

Gordon

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Faced with the choice I would rather Hibs had kept Garry O'Hagan and let you two go.
    ???

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    ???
    Without having known Garry how can anyone comment that on whether it can be done by lesser admin types? I know it was quoting Leeann but the implication is there. And as for the face not fitting Id imagine that's speculation.

Im sure if you did a poll of folks from LWT that had met and have dealings with Garry the majority would find him to be professional, passionate, personable, hard working and competent. To dismiss
    with a coupoe of speculative lines for someone who is dyed in the wool Hibee that helped during a period of great transformation spanning 16 years service perhaps deserves a bit better?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Without having known Garry how can anyone comment that on whether it can be done by lesser admin types? I know it was quoting Leeann but the implication is there. And as for the face not fitting Id imagine that's speculation.

Im sure if you did a poll of folks from LWT that had met and have dealings with Garry the majority would find him to be professional, passionate, personable, hard working and competent. To dismiss
    with a coupoe of speculative lines for someone who is dyed in the wool Hibee that helped during a period of great transformation spanning 16 years service perhaps deserves a bit better?
    I was making the general point around what LD had said about there being too many executive board members and that most of these tasks did not require board level people to carry them out.

I've made no comment on personality or professionalism which in any case makes no odds when you are looking at the right model.

The comment about rather losing us as fans was needless.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I don't know any of the characters involved, but would just make the observation that leaders and managers are not the same thing. Successful leaders need good managers to implement their strategy and run the ship, yet often underestimate this. Companies often go awry because the people with the ingrained knowledge of how the place actually works are pushed aside or under appreciated.

Leeann is clearly a leader. Deep changes were and are needed at Hibs, and she needs to be able to push through those changes. But I hope she also appreciates the ties that bind a club like Hibs together, and makes sure she also has people around her who can do the work needed to make our club run better.