hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 312

Thread: BBC bias again?

  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    33,729

    BBC bias again?

    Why has this story appeared?

    It's a total non-story, but it seems to me that it's designed to make sure that as many euro-sceptics as possible don't vote Labour.

    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32566522
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!




  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    33,729
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    2,969
    1st BBC repeat could be a BBC fluke, 2nd repeat a mistake, repeat appearances 3 through 11 and counting is the BBC being culpable.

    When you count in that the "unsolicited letter from 5000 small businesses" to the media was coordinated on the Tory party web site makes it even more damming!
    Last edited by Just Alf; 03-05-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: 5000 not 500 :-/
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    24,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is disgusting to be honest. Has this story been picked up by any of the other media outlets? Can remember the woman clearly on the Question time and she was incredibly hostile and to be described as an undecided voter is laughable. Sounds like BBC is totally unaccountable. No doubt Nick Robinson will be along soon to tell us how to vote. His background IMO should rule him out from being seen as impartial

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    33,729
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His background IMO should rule him out from being seen as impartial
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,754
    Blog Entries
    4
    50,000 in London today apparently in an anti-austerity march.
    Nothing about it on BBC or in the press.
    Some reporting 100 demonstrators at Downing St.
    There is something seriously wrong with this nation's media.
    Troubled times ahead if news like this continues to be suppressed methinks.

  8. #7
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,504
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    50,000 in London today apparently in an anti-austerity march.
    Nothing about it on BBC or in the press.
    Some reporting 100 demonstrators at Downing St.
    There is something seriously wrong with this nation's media.
    Troubled times ahead if news like this continues to be suppressed methinks.
    It has been reported in the press.
    There is no way that there was anything like 50 000 people involved. iIf there had been then Sky would have been running 24/7 reports about the end of civilisation as we know it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due PiemanP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dalry
    Posts
    1,687
    50000 - I'll tell the jokes. Can't have been more than 1000.

    The usual bunch of young anarchist low life's who can't accept a democracy. Grafiting a war memorial is a new low though.

  10. #9
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,504
    Quote Originally Posted by piemanpilley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    50000 - I'll tell the jokes. Can't have been more than 1000.

    The usual bunch of young anarchist low life's who can't accept a democracy. Grafiting a war memorial is a new low though.
    I may agree with you about the number attending, 1000 seems about right going by those who took parts own accounts. But they have every right to protest. The vast majority were apparently peaceful. These things will attract a small element intent on causing trouble. The actions of those who defaced the war memorial have been condemned by other participants.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  11. #10
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    50,000 in London today apparently in an anti-austerity march.
    Nothing about it on BBC or in the press.
    Some reporting 100 demonstrators at Downing St.
    There is something seriously wrong with this nation's media.
    Troubled times ahead if news like this continues to be suppressed methinks.
    Yes it was. I saw it.

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by piemanpilley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    50000 - I'll tell the jokes. Can't have been more than 1000.

    The usual bunch of young anarchist low life's who can't accept a democracy. Grafiting a war memorial is a new low though.
    To be honest, these twats turn up quite frequently and there are lots of protests outside Westminster most of which aren't covered because there not news. This one was covered. Did Russell Brand turn up?

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,754
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it was. I saw it.
    What did yo see Colr?
    What was your estimate of numbers?
    My original post was to highlight the discrepancy in the figures. I suspected there was some under/over estimating done depending on which side was doing the report.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,718
    The BBC has a well known history for being 'leftie' so maybe just evens things up. Maybe a rouge Tory made it into a position of power.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,718
    This riot by 50,000 is being reported on the BBC, maybe they got their numbers wrong as it says 'hundreds'. More bias I assume or the facts?

  16. #15
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This riot by 50,000 is being reported on the BBC, maybe they got their numbers wrong as it says 'hundreds'. More bias I assume or the facts?
    Hundreds is a bit more like it.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,754
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hundreds is a bit more like it.
    Thanks for clearing that up. We need as many reliable witnesses on these incidents as possible. There are so many sources of misinformation out there from both sides of the argument, it's vital that eye witnesses like yourself tell us like it is.
    (And I have no doubt that you probably are.)
    Last edited by snooky; 10-05-2015 at 06:34 PM.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,774
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for clearing that up. We need as many reliable witnesses on these incidents as possible. There are so many sources of misinformation out there from both sides of the argument, it's vital that eye witnesses like yourself tell us like it is.
    Haha! You were the only one I've seen who mentioned 50000!! You were the source of this particular piece of misinformation!


  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    33,729
    Quote Originally Posted by piemanpilley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    50000 - I'll tell the jokes. Can't have been more than 1000.

    The usual bunch of young anarchist low life's who can't accept a democracy. Grafiting a war memorial is a new low though.
    "Low lifes"? Seriously?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    33,729
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The BBC has a well known history for being 'leftie' so maybe just evens things up. Maybe a rouge Tory made it into a position of power.
    "A rouge Tory". A brilliant typo!

    Isn't that what the right wing call David Cameron?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  21. #20
    Testimonial Due PiemanP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dalry
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Low lifes"? Seriously?
    Yes, violent protesting and damage to property means theyíre probably lower than low-life. Not all of them are fighting and causing damage, but itís their intent as a group for it to escalate to that.


    I live in London and see this sort of trouble quite regularly and Iíve got no time for it or the people who revel in it.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Low lifes"? Seriously?
    What would you call a group that vandalises a war memorial?

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    28,409
    the one/ones that wrote graffiti on a war memorial should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves...no need whatsoever for an act like that, shameful

  24. #23
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,567
    Talking of bias, if you post a coherent comment in opposition to SNP policy in the Herald it gets moderated out?

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    18,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Talking of bias, if you post a coherent comment in opposition to SNP policy in the Herald it gets moderated out?

    Really? I've seen loads of Anti-SNP comments in the Herald, both coherent and rants.


    Jane Pollock, Kevin Kelly, John Mac-OBE and some guy from Dunbar (Flinn?) regularly post what could only be described as obsessive Anti-SNP rants and their comments are still there for all to see.

  26. #25
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I've seen loads of Anti-SNP comments in the Herald, both coherent and rants.


    Jane Pollock, Kevin Kelly, John Mac-OBE and some guy from Dunbar (Flinn?) regularly post what could only be described as obsessive Anti-SNP rants and their comments are still there for all to see.
    Maybe they only allow rants. Well made poits which undermine the SNP are scrubbed.

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,754
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I've seen loads of Anti-SNP comments in the Herald, both coherent and rants.


    Jane Pollock, Kevin Kelly, John Mac-OBE and some guy from Dunbar (Flinn?) regularly post what could only be described as obsessive Anti-SNP rants and their comments are still there for all to see.
    Better to read the letters in the Scotsman if you want a fair balance of opinion

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    18,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe they only allow rants. Well made poits which undermine the SNP are scrubbed.

    I see you cannot prove what you say and discount any evidence to the contrary, as on other threads.


    You have once again posted on something based on no facts whatsoever, demonstrating that you merely post your prejudices.

  29. #28
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see you cannot prove what you say and discount any evidence to the contrary, as on other threads.


    You have once again posted on something based on no facts whatsoever, demonstrating that you merely post your prejudices.
    What are you on about?

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,754
    Blog Entries
    4
    Do others find that they read BBC reports on news events with much more scepticism since the referendum?
    I know I do. My first question now is, what is the political interest & motivation behind this report.
    Generally, you can find one easily if you want to - whether there is one or not.
    Signed
    Mr Dowten Thomas

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,730
    Seems our licence fees are put to good use.


    http://t.co/qZ7h15pl8S

    Jacuzzi's of cash.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved