hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: BBC bias again?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies, was not meaning your post.

Although I can make a wild assumption that all 4,000 nurses never stated Brexit and the Tories if they had an exit interview.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    There's a shortage of nurses for a number of reasons. For example, community learning disability nurses were recruited to in big numbers at the time of LD hospital closures and 'care in the community'. A significant chunk of them have reached or are reaching an age where they are looking at retirement or are unable to continue due to the higher impact of musculo-skeletal conditions from doing a physically demanding job for decades. The infill of new graduates has never been enough.

In some parts of the country the shortage is self-perpetuating. Nursing homes are very reliant on agency nurses - they need a certain proportion of nurses to meet their registration requirements - and Health Boards are similarly increasingly dependent. The agencies can therefore charge an extremely high rate and offer far better rates to the agency staff, along with flexibility of working hours, meaning you have staff leaving health boards and nursing homes just to end up going back there as agency nurses but at a greater cost. It's somewhat of a vicious circle.
    Thanks, good to get some insight into why.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    the only BBC bias I've ever seen is pro-union stuff from BBC Scotland and Sarah Smith giving Labour politicians an easy time in England.
    Her dad would have been a great PM. Sad loss. Life might have been different. Who can say?

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Yep, always someone else's fault.
    When are you and your Tory pals ever going to own your policies, or is it always someone else's fault. 😂

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    When are you and your Tory pals ever going to own your policies, or is it always someone else's fault. 😂
    So you believe all 4,000+ nurses that left NHS Scotland last year was down to solely Brexit and the Tories? Despite Health being devolved to the Scottish Government their stellar management of everything health related was undone by these 2 things?

That seems to be what you are suggesting unless I am mistaken? A Yes or No would be great, no deflection tactics.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    So you believe all 4,000+ nurses that left NHS Scotland last year was down to solely Brexit and the Tories? Despite Health being devolved to the Scottish Government their stellar management of everything health related was undone by these 2 things?

That seems to be what you are suggesting unless I am mistaken? A Yes or No would be great, no deflection tactics.
    I think he's trying to point out that those 4000 are not leaving solely down to the SNP which seems to be the point your arguing?

The reality is, like it or not, Brexit is clearly having an impact, the SNP simply can't be held responsible for the very similar losses elsewhere across the UK. That's not to say that the SNP policies couldn't be driving some losses here as well just as the Tories are doing similar elsewhere, we simply don't know by how much as opposed to the Brexit effect.

The question is, from a Scottish perspective, under the financial constraints of the current UK wide set up what do you feel that the Labour leadership in Scotland could do differently to stop the losses and in turn entice me back to vote for them? ..... OR the Tory leadership! I got mixed up what thread I was on lol
    Last edited by Just Alf; 10-06-2018 at 10:06 AM.
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How about. "NHS staff to get immediate 3% pay rise in bid to attract back the 4,000+ nurses that quit last year."
    Well I suppose that's Ronaldo's spin question kinda answered.

Now you're being silly. Imagine thinking that I wouldn't know that some nurses had passed away, moved jobs, retired, started a family or any manor of other things.

Brexit is one of those things just making it worse, Oh and your immigration policy of course.

A long winded way of saying No

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Now you're being silly. Imagine thinking that I wouldn't know that some nurses had passed away, moved jobs, retired, started a family or any manor of other things.

Brexit is one of those things just making it worse, Oh and your immigration policy of course.

A long winded way of saying No
    Great, just when you said 'after returning home' seemed to suggest they were from not here. Thanks for clearing up though.

I don't have an immigration policy, unless I wrote one and published it without me remembering it.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Conspiracy theorist = someone who espouses views contrary to mainstream thinking and who you disagree with

Courageous seeker of truth = someone who espouses views contrary to mainstream thinking and who you agree with
    The mainstream media is just there to tell you what they want...not necesseraly the truth.
    Look up Operation Mockingbird.
    The CIA infiltrated the mainstream media years ago.

Great, just when you said 'after returning home' seemed to suggest they were from not here. Thanks for clearing up though.

I don't have an immigration policy, unless I wrote one and published it without me remembering it.
    Straw clutching much.

Returning home is a normal saying amongst people who've made their new lives in other countries, just like our Aussie/New Zealand hibbies on this board. Just take a look on the Scottish cup threads to see how many of them were returning home for the cup final.

You'll really need to up your game bud.

I thought you were a Tory supporter/party member, and were fully up to speed with Theresa and her hostile environment policy?

You support and vote for the Tories, don't you?

Maybe someone else did it and ran away, you seem rather happy quoting that in your posts.

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    '

pretty much