hibs.net Messageboard

Ladies Day at Musselburgh races ticket request

Hi, looking for ONE ticket for Musselburgh Races Ladies Day on June 13th? anyone help?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi, looking for ONE ticket for Musselburgh Races Ladies Day on June 13th? anyone help?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum!
    I'll go second in the queue with a request for 2 tickets if anyone was able to help out

Tbh unless you have an other half desperate to go on Ladies Day (as I have had the couple of times I've had to endure it) I'd recommend almost any other race day at Musselburgh over it.

Too busy, bars packed and waiting an age, full of folk who know nowt about racing and are just there to get blind drunk, waiting ages in the betting ring because people don't know how to place a bet and don't read the explicitly clear instructions almost all the bookies have on their pitch......

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tbh unless you have an other half desperate to go on Ladies Day (as I have had the couple of times I've had to endure it) I'd recommend almost any other race day at Musselburgh over it.

Too busy, bars packed and waiting an age, full of folk who know nowt about racing and are just there to get blind drunk, waiting ages in the betting ring because people don't know how to place a bet and don't read the explicitly clear instructions almost all the bookies have on their pitch......
    100% the edinburgh cup meeting the week before is a better race experience

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    100% the edinburgh cup meeting the week before is a better race experience
    Yep and the added bonus of having the Derby meeting on the big screen as well.

Total thread hijack but I'm off to York 2 weeks today for the 3 dayd of the Dante Festival, can't wait. A few tipsters seem to be talking it up as the strongest Derby trial along with Lingfield this year.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Yeah, can't wait, I didn't think it was that good.

Total thread hijack but I'm off to York 2 weeks today for the 3 dayd of the Dante Festival, can't wait. A few tipsters seem to be talking it up as the strongest Derby trial along with Lingfield this year.
    I'm down for the 3 days, hoping for at least 1 winner!

Nice one, never been to York but one of my mates has been says it's brilliant down there

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    Nice one, never been to York but one of my mates has been says it's brilliant down there
    I'm a bit of a regular down there, at least once a season I try and get down. Great city and the racecourse is second to none.

I was down for the Juddmonte when Frankel ran and I can honestly say it is one of the best sporting atnospheres I've been in. It was packed and there was such a buzz because everyone was there to see something special, no one was left disappointed either.

Anyway........can anyone help with one ticket for Musselburgh ladies day please?

I agree. Ladies day is cringey as. Dafties with their cheap suits on getting drunk. Went on Edinburgh Cup day last year. Weather was terrible but still had a good day. The Champions League final is on the same day this year too 😃