hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Ticket Office Staff Attitude

Just been in to the ticket office for the first time in a while to pick up ticket for Falkirk game and unfortunately found the staff to be sour-faced, dour and bordering on rude. As the 'customer' the minimum I expect is for staff to be pleasant and polite. I don't think the tired old excuses of being busy and underpaid cut it as, in my experience, this minimum level of customer service is evident at McDonalds, so why can't Hibs manage it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just been in to the ticket office for the first time in a while to pick up ticket for Falkirk game and unfortunately found the staff to be sour-faced, dour and bordering on rude. As the 'customer' the minimum I expect is for staff to be pleasant and polite. I don't think the tired old excuses of being busy and underpaid cut it as, in my experience, this minimum level of customer service is evident at McDonalds, so why can't Hibs manage it?
    Can you give us an example of what they did to make you feel this way? I've always found the girls in the ticket office plesent enough when renewing ST or going to get tickets for mates.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Can you give us an example of what they did to make you feel this way? I've always found the girls in the ticket office plesent enough when renewing ST or going to get tickets for mates.
    This. Some aren't bad looking either ;)
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    There was an old guy in front of me who was a bit slow/confused with the location of his season ticket renewal and the girl spoke to him like he was a bit of an idiot i.e. loudly and huffily telling him he was near the middle of the main stand. The girl I dealt with asked whem I booke my ticket and when I said yesterday stated it'll probably not be ready? however she found it and just handed it to me no 'there you go' or 'thanks', I thanked her and she just ignored me and walked off. It might sound petty when I'm detailing it down but it just felt poor and I've obvioulsy been in a few times lately and its generally been the same.

Expect the unexpected

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Never had a problem with any of the TO staff. If you were that annoyed with the service received why didnt you ask to speak to their supervisor rather than coming on here moaning.

There was an old guy in front of me who was a bit slow/confused with the location of his season ticket renewal and the girl spoke to him like he was a bit of an idiot i.e. loudly and huffily telling him he was near the middle of the main stand. The girl I dealt with asked whem I booke my ticket and when I said yesterday stated it'll probably not be ready? however she found it and just handed it to me no 'there you go' or 'thanks', I thanked her and she just ignored me and walked off. It might sound petty when I'm detailing it down but it just felt poor and I've obvioulsy been in a few times lately and its generally been the same.
    To be fair I'd prob feel the same if that was myself. No need to be rude to anyone. Hope the old guy didn't feel embarrassed by it. These things can put elderly folk off going back to ask for tickets.

Hopefully it's a one off, or maybe they are new not that this should excuse their behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Never had a problem with any of the TO staff. If you were that annoyed with the service received why didnt you ask to speak to their supervisor rather than coming on here moaning.
    Bit harsh, this is a hibs forum and he's only letting off a bit steam.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This. Some aren't bad looking either ;)
    Agreed Lovely wee aussie/kiwi lassie dealt with my Falkirk tickets and she was friendly enough. I've never had a problem with the ticket office staff.

Surely just a bad day at the office (or nit picking) as i've never found them to be aything but poilte, efficient and helpful!

Deal with the T/O regularly and it's mostly a smooth enough service, but for the last derby this lass serving me took 3/4 times as long as usual to find my ticket, asking me my name, address, and then coming back 5 mins later and asking me to write down my name and address, postcode, etc. and then I had to wait another five minutes and then she asked me some more questions "when did you buy your ticket" etc. Her English was OK but not the best and I was very clear with her throughout but it still delayed me and others behind me getting into the match. I don't want to blame her because I don't know the ins-and-outs of why there was a delay, and she's just working at the wee windows and is not in charge of the T/O of course, but nonetheless it was frustrating and Hibs should be making her job easier and making getting tickets easier for us who're paying for the privilege!

I've never had a problem with them. I've only ever been impressed with how they've managed to keep their cool and be accommodating in the face of quite outrageous logistical issues they get thrown at them by demanding customers. I try to make my demands as easy as possible for them.

If they've dropped the ball this time, as you suggest, then that is disappointing.

I have to say, I was slightly taken aback by the attitude of the girl I spoke to at the TO when I called up recently with a query about my ST renewal. I wouldn't say she was rude but she did seem a bit put out at having to deal with me - hopefully she was just swamped with all the other people looking to renew! It's not something that overly bothers me TBH - people have bad days and it's not like the TO staff will be massively well-paid - but as a general point we should be doing everything we can to encourage people back, including a focus on how the club deals with its customers.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've always found the ticket office staff to be both courteous and efficient but I dare say everyone can have an occasional off day.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I've always found the ticket office staff to be both courteous and efficient but I dare say everyone can have an occasional off day.
    Same for me.

Dealt with them many times over the schools tickets as well when issues arise and they are great at sorting things.

I'm just out the ticket office and the two young girls were very pleasant.

Blog Entries
    You're not the self same supervisor, are you?

If the OP adopted the same attitude towards the member of staff as he did in his deleted post then Im not suprised the member of staff was a bit off with them.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Bad manners is something I can't stand. I was in the petrol station down at seafield last week and the girl at the counter ignored me when I said hello, took my money, gave me my change then just walked away. I will never go in there again.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    but for the last derby this lass serving me took 3/4 times as long as usual
    Does that mean she was 25% more efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Bad manners is something I can't stand. I was in the petrol station down at seafield last week and the girl at the counter ignored me when I said hello, took my money, gave me my change then just walked away. I will never go in there again.
    I'm exactly the same. Manners cost nothing and what's a polite hello no matter how bad a day you may be having.

Blog Entries
    Can't say I've ever had this experience, the lassies in particular have been very pleasant.

having worked in the said ticket office and encountered the clientele they deal with i can truthfully say that the staff there dont have their sorrows to seek!

It is a full on face to face job which needs patience and humour in the same percentage. Its unfortunate that this poster had to see this elderly man being belittled which should never have happened.

Standards there have improved tremendously and it is a two way job to give and receive the customer satisfaction we are all entitled too.

Sometimes us supporters demand too much and dont give any input to the process they want. We are asked to use the online service to speed up the purchase of tickets, which most of us do. We are also asked to pick up these tickets early on match day to avoid queues? Yet i can walk round to the west stand to encounter long queues at 2.45pm on match day and find long queues looking to pick up tickets and they wonder why they have to queue?

Each year we were sent out forms to complete to renew season tickets, yet hundreds turned up without the form saying they didnt need one or were not asked for one. Which causes queues and people wonder why they have to wait if they have their own forms completed and ready for renewing.

Tickets get lost in the post because we do not advise the ticket office of our new addresses, our tickets get sent to the address on the data base and if you havent updated your details. Well???

There is no excuse for rudeness to the elderly or vulnerable who support our team and just like us want tickets for games. If they dont have anyone accompanying them, then the server has to be a little more patient than usual.

Then there is always "the joker", who wants a ticket for the game, but doesnt know his name, never mind the client reference or row or seat number he sits in?

I know this is a bit off track from the op post but i just thought id add this so you all get the gist of what its like working there on big match days or season ticket renewal periods. Its hectic incredibly stressful and busy busy busy!

Oh and by the way the pay is crap!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Busy time for them...hopefully anyway!

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    having worked in the said ticket office and encountered the clientele they deal with i can truthfully say that the staff there dont have their sorrows to seek!

It is a full on face to face job which needs patience and humour in the same percentage. Its unfortunate that this poster had to see this elderly man being belittled which should never have happened.

Standards there have improved tremendously and it is a two way job to give and receive the customer satisfaction we are all entitled too.

Sometimes us supporters demand too much and dont give any input to the process they want. We are asked to use the online service to speed up the purchase of tickets, which most of us do. We are also asked to pick up these tickets early on match day to avoid queues? Yet i can walk round to the west stand to encounter long queues at 2.45pm on match day and find long queues looking to pick up tickets and they wonder why they have to queue?

Each year we were sent out forms to complete to renew season tickets, yet hundreds turned up without the form saying they didnt need one or were not asked for one. Which causes queues and people wonder why they have to wait if they have their own forms completed and ready for renewing.

Tickets get lost in the post because we do not advise the ticket office of our new addresses, our tickets get sent to the address on the data base and if you havent updated your details. Well???

There is no excuse for rudeness to the elderly or vulnerable who support our team and just like us want tickets for games. If they dont have anyone accompanying them, then the server has to be a little more patient than usual.

Then there is always "the joker", who wants a ticket for the game, but doesnt know his name, never mind the client reference or row or seat number he sits in?

I know this is a bit off track from the op post but i just thought id add this so you all get the gist of what its like working there on big match days or season ticket renewal periods. Its hectic incredibly stressful and busy busy busy!

Oh and by the way the pay is crap!
    You ok pal?

Having worked in customer service for a few years I share you're customer facing pain!

@hibs.net private member
    Not so good to read but I have to say I've always found the ticket office staff to be very helpful and polite.

Also as has been alluded to some are extremely attractive. Now, I'll wait for my PMs, if anyone of them are reading....

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Never experienced any of this.
    McDonalds, Disney and John Lewis have money to invest in training and have perfected over time. That's not to say there's no room for improvement.

Thr McDonalds on London road continually stuff up my orders - Apple pies being a stumbling block.
    John Lewis sent us furniture with an imperfection in it 3 times (despite getting a manager to inspect it before dispatch the final time). They also failed to pick up out old cooker (despot being paid for it - sorry love no space in the van!). They also can cancelled an order of an IPad (day of launch) and I only found out when I went to pick up :(

My point is - organisations who pride themselves on customer service get it wrong. Hibs are no different. The difference is that there are mechanisms for reporting so things can be put right and they follow through - mcD's gave all our family a free meal. JL's gave me either a £35 or £50 gift voucher.

So what's the best way to help improve the service at Hibs? Let them know details and give them a chance to put things right.

At at the end of the day it's worth remembering we are all human and make mistakes while dealing with the varying amounts of 57i! Life throws our way.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

This is the place to moan.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Just picked up tickets for Saturday. One member of staff dealing with a few youngsters, so TO quite full. Her colleague came forward immediately to serve me, handed over the tickets within a few seconds and I was out again in less than a minute. I thanked her and she smiled back.

Only problem was walking from the car in the hailstorm - summer football anyone?