hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Block F now sold out by the looks of it.

Only single seats left in block E, G and H
    You can still get 3 together in block E but only singles left elsewhere. I imagine it'll be a sellout since there's still 3 days to buy tickets

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Larbert is where stenhousemuir play and Falkirk has/had two football teams remember. East Stirlingshire played in Falkirk at firs park until they sold their ground to housing developers. There are 4 clubs within roughly and 8 mile radius.

Falkirk
    east Stirlingshire
    stenhousemuir
    stirling Albion
    I know that, I stay in Falkirk.

The other three clubs really aren't a threat to Falkirk's home gate. The combined attendance of those clubs' last home games was 1801.

It's also approximately 15 miles from Falkirk to Forthbank Stadium.

Those 3 teams don't have that big an effect on our crowds.

The bus loads that travel to Glasgow every week sadly do however.

First Team Breakthrough northseahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkirk Bairn View Post

Let's hope our record of big crowds, big disappointments goes out the window

Quote Originally Posted by northseahibby View Post
    Let's hope our record of big crowds, big disappointments goes out the window
    Hibs have an enviable record of letting it's fans down when they turn up in numbers, but we all need to remember that this in not a promotion play-off match - simply for a place in the queue ! There are much more important games still to come, whatever the outcome this Sat - and a lot more twists and turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Hibs have an enviable record of letting it's fans down when they turn up in numbers, but we all need to remember that this in not a promotion play-off match - simply for a place in the queue ! There are much more important games still to come, whatever the outcome this Sat - and a lot more twists and turns.
    Well said mate and Stubbsy has alluded to this too. Would be great to win on Sat and clinch an easier passage thru play offs but its not perhaps as significant as some are making out. That said i really hope we do it as would be great to sit back and watch the rangers and qos knock 10 bells out of eachother before we face the winner.

Gamer IDs

Single tickets only in blocks G & E. Everywhere else completely sold out! Well done Hibees!!

Same everywhere mate.

Oh aye, best of luck in the Cup Final.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I'm trying to get tickets now but am away from home and on iPhone so can't see plan. Can someone help, I'm trying to get an adult and under 12, what blocks are still available? Ta

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Since moving here I've met 1 or 2 Falkirk fans. The rest all support the Huns. Very sad.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I'm trying to get tickets now but am away from home and on iPhone so can't see plan. Can someone help, I'm trying to get an adult and under 12, what blocks are still available? Ta
    I just checked and got offered main stand block F

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Thanks. Managed to get two together in block G.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    F & E now giving you 2 seats together.

Anybody know how many tickets we have actually been allocated altogether? 3.5k? Or how many we have sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I'm not even sure I'd prefer to finish 2nd over 3rd. Having to beat QoTS and The Rangers over 4 games is undoubtedly more difficult than only beating one of them, but this 12 day break (or whatever it is) between our game against Falkirk and the play-off Semi Final might be an issue. It could be argued that the winner of the Quarter Final has the momentum

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    I'm not even sure I'd prefer to finish 2nd over 3rd. Having to beat QoTS and The Rangers over 4 games is undoubtedly more difficult than only beating one of them, but this 12 day break (or whatever it is) between our game against Falkirk and the play-off Semi Final might be an issue. It could be argued that the winner of the Quarter Final has the momentum
    I disagree. As I said on another thread, its no different to an international break, and by the 2nd leg of the Semi, the 3rd/4th team will be playing their 3rd game in 6 days. Rangers in particular are nowhere near as fit as our players, so I would expect us to take advantage of that in the 2nd leg.

@hibs.net private member
    There's also the danger of the mindset (among players and fans) changing to "job done" if we clinch 2nd place on Saturday. And that will be even worse if QoS triumph in the 3rd vs 4th tie. Obviously the official line from everyone (including fans) will be that there's a lot of work to do etc but you can't convince human nature to go against itself!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Anybody know how many tickets we have actually been allocated altogether? 3.5k? Or how many we have sold?
    Think its 1800 & 1500 so 3300 in total. I would say we've sold at least 3000, and in fact wouldnt be surprised if there was only 100 tickets left. I reckon there'll be an announcement today that they are all sold.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    There's also the danger of the mindset (among players and fans) changing to "job done" if we clinch 2nd place on Saturday. And that will be even worse if QoS triumph in the 3rd vs 4th tie. Obviously the official line from everyone (including fans) will be that there's a lot of work to do etc but you can't convince human nature to go against itself!
    Well in that case I would sit the players down and show them our games against QoS this season, and maybe their games against Rangers. And alos our 2-0 defeat to Rangers. That should be a big enough reminder that it is far from job done.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I disagree. As I said on another thread, its no different to an international break, and by the 2nd leg of the Semi, the 3rd/4th team will be playing their 3rd game in 6 days. Rangers in particular are nowhere near as fit as our players, so I would expect us to take advantage of that in the 2nd leg.
    I'd agree with the part about Rangers; I don't think their squad could comfortably handle that number of games. Queens however would be absolutely buzzing if they beat The Rangers in a Quarter Final - the town already is right now, simply at the thought of maybe going up to the SPL. So I'll maybe revise what I said, I think QotS will get more dangerous as the playoffs progress. If we have to play them I'd rather beat them early and deal with The Rangers afterwards.

Ideal scenario would be to finish second, not let the break affect us and destroy Rangers in the semis before winning the final.

Out of interest, anyone have any stats to hand on how we've played following an international break this season?

Exactly this, it is a concern. All this supposition won't matter when we inevitably go up : but I don't think achieving 2nd place automatically makes our job any easier.

Gamer IDs

Out of interest, anyone have any stats to hand on how we've played following an international break this season?
    Difficult to compare this season, as we've tended to have games on international weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Difficult to compare this season, as we've tended to have games on international weekends.
    Duh!

It's my day off today and evidently too early I'm afraid. I'm usually 3 parts coffee to one part man at this time on a weekday
    Last edited by Dinkydoo; 29-04-2015 at 09:14 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Think there's only single tickets left.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Think there's only single tickets left.
    Completely sold out in F, H, and Prime. Singles in G & E.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    No chance will that be the case IMO however it will give us a much needed break rather than playing two extremely difficult matches.

Even though he wasn't here for last years playoff disaster I think AS will have the players more than up for it. Last year is a huge learning for us as a club. We cannot and will not take our eyes off the ball this year

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    No chance will that be the case IMO however it will give us a much needed break rather than playing two extremely difficult matches.
    Agree. Really want that 2nd spot!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I`m sure Alan Stubbs remarked on a radio interview I heard that he would like to get away and do something with the players, and if we are second that would give us the scope to do that.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I`m sure Alan Stubbs remarked on a radio interview I heard that he would like to get away and do something with the players, and if we are second that would give us the scope to do that.
    Yes sounds like a good idea.

Just back from picking up tickets at ticket office. Woman outside said, hope you arent wanting falkirk tickets as they have sold out. Hopefully this is true!