hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    I think Stanton has looked decent when coming off the bench, the problem is when he has started he hasn't took his chance, Falkirjk and Raith away are prime examples

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently not or he'd be getting more game time.
    A 21 year old in a squad which has large amount of central midfielders and 4 strikers? I'm not so sure.

the 4 year deal and everything Stubbs has ever said about him in interviews suggests otherwise.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    No room for them in the starting XI at the moment. It's a huge close season for both these players as if they fail to establish themselves in the first team they will be on there way.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Apparently not or he'd be getting more game time.
    Stop it. The lad is a growing talent. Believe me he'll be in that team next season.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Stop it. The lad is a growing talent. Believe me he'll be in that team next season.
    He can't have grown very much in the last 3 months having barely kicked a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    He can't have grown very much in the last 3 months having barely kicked a ball.
    He's training with the full squad, he's playing in dev games. Stubbs see's him as one for next season. Its costing us buttons at the moment so i dont get the anti-mob tbh going on about a 4yr deal.

He's training with the full squad, he's playing in dev games. Stubbs see's him as one for next season. Its costing us buttons at the moment so i dont get the anti-mob tbh going on about a 4yr deal.
    That's kind of my point. At his age how much is he going to be improving playing in development games and training? It's a hell of a jump from the development team to the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That's kind of my point. At his age how much is he going to be improving playing in development games and training? It's a hell of a jump from the development team to the first team.
    I dont think he's under performed when he's played in the first team. tbh he is unfortunate that we have a very strong midfield at the moment. Difficult to drop any of the normal 4. My view is that Danny will end up taking Robertsons place over the course of the next year or two. Succession planning.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    What I've just realised is that we gave 7 central midfielders competing for a place. A bit odd really. Centre-mid out, wingers in.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    A 21 year old in a squad which has large amount of central midfielders and 4 strikers? I'm not so sure.

the 4 year deal and everything Stubbs has ever said about him in interviews suggests otherwise.
    21 is not that young for a footballer. If he was going to be any good he'd have made more of an impact by now.

If Handling and Stanton were that good, then they'd have been key players for the first team in this division and we wouldn't have needed to sign Fyvie. Instead we did and he walked straight into the team.

I've never been convinced about Handling and I'm concerned that Stanton isn't doing well enough when he gets a chance.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Gamer IDs

21 is not that young for a footballer. If he was going to be any good he'd have made more of an impact by now.
    well I'm gonna trust Stubbs on this.

I guess we'll see who's right in a couple of years.

I still think he'll be a big player for us, Drogba was struggling in the French second tier at the age of 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    well I'm gonna trust Stubbs on this.

I guess we'll see who's right in a couple of years.

I still think he'll be a big player for us, Drogba was struggling in the French second tier at the age of 23.
    I'm going to trust Stubbs as well and agree it's the right decision not to play him.

Stubbs was barely in the door when he got a 4 year deal, I'm not convinced it wasn't on the recommendation of someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    If Handling and Stanton were that good, then they'd have been key players for the first team in this division and we wouldn't have needed to sign Fyvie. Instead we did and he walked straight into the team.

I've never been convinced about Handling and I'm concerned that Stanton isn't doing well enough when he gets a chance.
    Had he not went out and got Fyvie, Allan, Dylan....then yes ofcourse Handling would be playing. But those 3 players are good enough for most Prem teams tbh.

I'm going to trust Stubbs as well and agree it's the right decision not to play him.

Stubbs was barely in the door when he got a 4 year deal, I'm not convinced it wasn't on the recommendation of someone else.
    Now you are really being silly. He hasnt decided not to play him...if he didnt like the player he wouldnt be in the squad!! Just for you I'll find out exactly what Subbs thinks about the player. But i can assure you he'd have at least been away on loan right now if he didnt want him in the squad.

Gamer IDs

I can't be bothered digging it up, but right after he signed it Stubbs gave an interview where he spoke about how impressed he was by him and how he had a big future etc...

Stubbs rates him highly.

@hibs.net private member
    Now you are really being silly. He hasnt decided not to play him...if he didnt like the player he wouldnt be in the squad!! Just for you I'll find out exactly what Subbs thinks about the player. But i can assure you he'd have at least been away on loan right now if he didnt want him in the squad.
    What do you mean by "he hasn't decided not to play him?"

Clearly he has

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Likewise. I liked the look of Stanton towards the end of last season but he's offered nothing for a full season playing at a level we shouldn't be playing at. He should have been strolling this league and I'd suggest the fact he hasn't shows he's not going to be good enough, although I'm not sure how much that is to do with him physically. I seen him in the pool at the gym and he doesnt have any muscle at all. Compare that with people like Cummings and Forster of a similar age and you can see why he's fell behind.
    I've thought for a long time that Sam should be spending a bit more time with the fitness gurus and try to put on a bit more muscle. He's a gifted player but is too easily brushed aside for my liking. A summer in the gym would do him no harm at all.

Had he not went out and got Fyvie, Allan, Dylan....then yes ofcourse Handling would be playing. But those 3 players are good enough for most Prem teams tbh.
    And if Handling or Stanton were as good as their defenders on here think then we wouldn't have needed Fyvie in January. Instead we'd have two talented kids gaining valuable first team experience whilst playing a key role in our promotion push.

I want to see more from them when they do get off the bench, and they're not even managing that at the moment.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Imo next season I expect to see a bulkier looking Danny handling who will play a lot deeper in the midfield. He has impressed there for hibs and Scotland but atm would be a risk starting him there in the business end of the season. He will continue to learn the role and play there pre season I think

We have a premiership midfield and these two lads are still way behind in their development. McDonaugh for all his good coaching at ER made a few errors and one of them was not getting these very good youngsters up to speed and ready to play 1st team football. Hearts have been doing it for the past 2-3 years, with this season showing the benefit of getting U20 players bulked up and ready to move up to the big boys game, Handling and Stanton still look like young laddies, so lets hope after the close season they are ready to fight for their spot in next seasons team.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Both got on today, good to see that a stack of homegrown players played today,
    Forster
    Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Cummings
    Handling
    Stanton
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Both got on today, good to see that a stack of homegrown players played today,
    Forster
    Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Cummings
    Handling
    Stanton
    Martin
    Is Cummings a homegrown player ?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammond Hibee View Post
    Why not, came through our development team

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammond Hibee View Post
    He played for our under 19s so yes.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    We have a premiership midfield and these two lads are still way behind in their development. McDonaugh for all his good coaching at ER made a few errors and one of them was not getting these very good youngsters up to speed and ready to play 1st team football. Hearts have been doing it for the past 2-3 years, with this season showing the benefit of getting U20 players bulked up and ready to move up to the big boys game, Handling and Stanton still look like young laddies, so lets hope after the close season they are ready to fight for their spot in next seasons team.
    How would you suggest he got them 'up to speed'?

Hearts did it last year because they had no other choice and they were all gantin until the last few games. That 1st team experience and dropping down a level has helped them no end. Before that I'm struggling to see who else they've brought through in the last 2/3 yrs

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Imo next season I expect to see a bulkier looking Danny handling who will play a lot deeper in the midfield. He has impressed there for hibs and Scotland but atm would be a risk starting him there in the business end of the season. He will continue to learn the role and play there pre season I think
    I see him as a deeper lying midfielder. He struggles to get on the ball higher up the pitch, though saying that he was very involved when he came on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I see him as a deeper lying midfielder. He struggles to get on the ball higher up the pitch, though saying that he was very involved when he came on today.
    I thought he did alright when he came on today Tbf. Nothing special but as you say, got involved and that's not something you can always say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He played for our under 19s so yes.
    Possibly stretching the term "homegrown" a bit.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Possibly stretching the term "homegrown" a bit.
    I've heard hearts fans try to claim him as their youth product.

bit rich when it was them who punted him.