hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Malonga

First Team Breakthrough muzzando's Avatar
    Definitely think Malonga should start against Alloa at the weekend, Farid was undoubtedly class in the derby but hasn't had his best of games against Falkirk or against Livi last night and could maybe use a wee rest having just come back from his long term injury and had a lot of weight of expectation placed upon his shoulders

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1992 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree with this.

I think many have forgotten how important Dom was for us before the African Cup. I still believe that him and Cummings is the best partnership that we have seen, it certainly coincided with the fantastic run we went on.

Farid is a good option to have but he has been out for a long time and a lot is being asked of him at this point in time.

Malonga is the only striker we have who scores that chance last night I reckon. He has that bit of composure and skill in the box that the others lack.

Start him on Saturday.

Absolutely. I should also say that any striker who doesn't line the whole team up around the corner flag for a well-choreographed dance-routine after scoring a goal gets my vote.

Those goal-celebrations really annoy me.

"He's dedicating the goal to his granny - she was 80 on Thursday."

"He's just moved in with a new partner and the goal's for her."

"He managed to get his boots on the right feet first time of trying this afternoon. That's his way of celebrating."

Buncha plooks.
    Last edited by --------; 23-04-2015 at 12:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I'd start him ahead of El Alagui on Saturday.

Farid has been out for a long time and I think three starts in eight days is too much.
    This.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Dom earned his right to start again last night so for me I would welcome him into the starting lineup

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    just saw the highlights, his footwork for the goal was excellent never seen a hibs player do so many stepovers successfully.

his finish was pretty jammy though

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    just saw the highlights, his footwork for the goal was excellent never seen a hibs player do so many stepovers successfully.

his finish was pretty jammy though
    Jammy ....my a**e !!!!!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post

As you say - he knew well what he was doing IMO. He's a very good player indeed, and we need to hold on to him and players like him.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    As you say - he knew well what he was doing IMO. He's a very good player indeed, and we need to hold on to him and players like him.

The criticism he has faced in recent weeks has been dumb. People have very short memories.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    Not trying to discredit him in anyway, it was a great goal.

But a keeper shouldn't be beaten at his near post along the ground

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

The criticism he has faced in recent weeks has been dumb. People have very short memories.
    The criticism of him has been deserved in recent weeks. He's not done his job properly since coming back from the African Nations. Last night he was more like the player he can be. Apart from a wee moan about his lack of celebration most people have agreed he did well last night.

Agree with this.

The skill and footwork in the lead up to the goal was great and he did well to get a shot away and on target. However the keeper will be really disappointed being beaten like that. Had it been Oxley plenty would have been going mental, some tried to blame him for their goal last night ffs, including at least 1 of the thou shalt never criticise Malonga brigade.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The criticism of him has been deserved in recent weeks. He's not done his job properly since coming back from the African Nations. Last night he was more like the player he can be. Apart from a wee moan about his lack of celebration most people have agreed he did well last night.
    Some don't know the line between criticising performances and personal attacks. It was beyond saying he hadn't played well and on to being lazy, unprofessional, feigning injury etc.

Sad thing is we do this to everyone first chance we get.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I was at QoS home game recently and despite his touch being off and the whole team below par, he was unlucky not to score. He's certainly not been in good form but I wouldn't say 'he's not been doing his job properly'. His game is all about drifting about the park, but it's a game that has worked very well for us this season.

A bit more support and a bit less booing would be welcome.

Left by mutual consent!

I agree to an extent. Malongoals fooled everyone in the stadium with his footwork for the goal, so you have to give him the credit for that, surely?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Some don't know the line between criticising performances and personal attacks. It was beyond saying he hadn't played well and on to being lazy, unprofessional, feigning injury etc.

It's an Internet fans forum, what do you expect?

His attitude contributes. Maybe tolerable when he's/ we are doing well etc, but I even I, a most understanding person, cannae help thinking, grow up ya ersey- fandango. Not a great promoter of team spirit is Dom.

@hibs.net private member

Correct. It was the same when I tried to constructively criticise Scott Allan - I just got pelters about being Liam Craig.

Lack of understanding about constructive criticism and hammering someone - I had the same situation at work last year. Maybe they don't teach it in school anymore?

Good player no doubt but does seem to have something missing that's why I believe he's not at a higher level than he is whether it's an attitude problem, I don't know

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    I agree to an extent. Malongoals fooled everyone in the stadium with his footwork for the goal, so you have to give him the credit for that, surely?
    I said that in my original post.

His footwork was crazy good.

I'm a big fan of his btw, I wasn't trying to criticise him when I said his finish was lucky

Blog Entries

I'm a big fan of his btw, I wasn't trying to criticise him when I said his finish was lucky
    I also like Malonga as a player and am happy to see him in the team. I just think his body language and apparent indifference is disappointing and possibly has a detrimental effect on his team mates and how he is perceived by the fans. I don't expect him to do cartwheels and jump into the crowd when he scores, but his refusal to even accept the congratulations of his team-mates or smile or offer a wee 'high- five' is a poor show in my opinion. I wonder what his team-mates take on this is?

Left by mutual consent!

It wasnt just a case of being through on goal one on one with the goalie though, is what I'm trying to say. I think he's fooled the defenders and goalkeeper both. Making his finish seem lucky. When actually he's put the goalie on the back foot, giving him the opportunity for a simple finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I also like Malonga as a player and am happy to see him in the team. I just think his body language and apparent indifference is disappointing and possibly has a detrimental effect on his team mates and how he is perceived by the fans. I don't expect him to do cartwheels and jump into the crowd when he scores, but his refusal to even accept the congratulations of his team-mates or smile or offer a wee 'high- five' is a poor show in my opinion. I wonder what his team-mates take on this is?
    What would you guess their feelings might be Jim?

It's a team game and whilst he's a decent player, Malonga comes across as a bit full of himself. We've seen in the past that excellent individual players don't always add a great deal to the overall team, or that they detract from what they can give, because their attitude pisses others off. If I had played with him, I would have just left him to enjoy his moment on his own. No attempt to congratulate required.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    What would you guess their feelings might be Jim?

It's a team game and whilst he's a decent player, Malonga comes across as a bit full of himself. We've seen in the past that excellent individual players don't always add a great deal to the overall team, or that they detract from what they can give, because their attitude pisses others off. If I had played with him, I would have just left him to enjoy his moment on his own. No attempt to congratulate required.
    I think they'll be a bit hacked off with his petulance but I think most of them are decent and loyal enough to want to spontaneously celebrate with him, rather than ignore him. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Coaching Staff
    I think they'll be a bit hacked off with his petulance but I think most of them are decent and loyal enough to want to spontaneously celebrate with him, rather than ignore him. I hope it doesn't come to that.
    I'd guess they know him pretty well and don't give a toss about how he chooses to celebrate or how he is perceived to behave.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    They think he is a great lad off the park and get on really well with him.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    They think he is a great lad off the park and get on really well with him.
    What about being a great lad on the park? That's what counts.

I can't help thinking that Malonga's not happy at Hibs. If he is then he needs to get a bit more savvy about his body language and reconsider how he presents himself. If he were Henry or Balotelli even , then maybe we could accept that he is a talented prima-donna. As it is he's not, he's at Hibs and playing in the second tier of Scottish football.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    What about being a great lad on the park? That's what counts.

I can't help thinking that Malonga's not happy at Hibs. If he is then he needs to get a bit more savvy about his body language and reconsider how he presents himself. If he were Henry or Balotelli even , then maybe we could accept that he is a talented prima-donna. As it is he's not, he's at Hibs and playing in the second tier of Scottish football.
    Nonsense. It's just his style. He is a good player regardless of whether he's doing cartwheels or not.

It's not as if his style is actually causing any issues on the park so I don't really get this.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Nonsense. It's just his style. He is a good player regardless of whether he's doing cartwheels or not.

It's not as if his style is actually causing any issues on the park so I don't really get this.
    Completely agree give the guy a break.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Completely agree give the guy a break.

If I was him and had seen the thread claiming I'd feigned injury in the derby I definitely would not have celebrated.

If I was him and had seen the thread claiming I'd feigned injury in the derby I definitely would not have celebrated.
    If I were Dom, I would have scored, fallen over, then held onto my leg, limping up the park until the kick off
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

My own opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    Great result tonight...

What was Malonga's Non Celebration
    All about..that 3rd goal was badly needed
    Well here's what I think,
    I've said it more than once, he obviously has a bit of talent, that is in no doubt, when he takes it upon himself to show what he can do , it's good, BUT, I tend to think he thinks he's better than he is, which isn't a bad thing, but when he's not then it becomes a problem.
    I did at first think he was just adapting to a different environment, but no, the guy has a problem with team play and decisions like substitution's that are part and parcel of the game.
    He does one good thing, never follows it up, never goes for the one two, or puts himself in a position to play other players in, he basically thinks his one good touch is enough, I've done my job sort of thing, that's all for today. The guys not a team player.
    That episode against the ******, there is no way on this earth he didn't see what he should have done, the guys not interested.
    He scored against Livingstone, and in all my days of watching football I have never seen someone so negative about scoring the winning goal.
    Unfortunately he is what he is, nothing is ever going to change him. I would personally not, never play him again, get shot of him when his contract expires and give some other team the problem of fathoming him out.
    I know he's scored a couple of vital goals, but c'mon the guys a waste of space in a Hibs Jersey.
    Maybe a change will do him good, the quicker the better for me.