Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the FA cup semi as well, I presume

Yes for the offside decision

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    That's what he's saying dude.

I've just watched it. It wasn't like he did a Gordon Banksesque save. As a few have said, point blank range and the hand goes up, always. It's a protective reaction and instinctive. He may I may not have mean't it, who knows. What is bizarre is that there might be some kind of ban for the guy. The ref and his assistants are at least as guilty for their quite incredible oversight!

The evidence for technology is overwhelming. The Aquestion for me is, where do you draw a line?
    I've said this before, but I don't understand why there can't be an official watching the footage live, able to advise the ref on decision like this. The ball wouldn't even have to go dead, he can just be watching the screens, and give the ref a shout if there's a decision to be made. It's really not that hard. If it's a contentious call, the final say is always with the ref, but it would do away with idiocy like this.

And I don't think he should be banned, because the decision was, or wasn't, made by the ref. It's not like it's something he's missed, or been tricked by. he's just made a bad call.

But it is funny it happened to celtic.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    How many times has this sort of thing happened this season? Why is the compliance officer getting involved this time and not any of the previous times? The whole thing stinks.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Celtic involved in the controversy which resulted in the referee strike in 2010 and now this. Dry her ****** eyes Celtic. Never seen you writing to complain about all the wrong decisions that went FOR you. Always the victim boo******hoo

First Team Breakthrough
    I fail to see the problem here,the player stopped the ball with his arm,he was not booked,no penalty given,Celtic went out,if a penalty was given would they have scored,we will never know.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    So if we'd managed to get to the final, ICT would have their two CBs out, it gets even more depressing
    And their first choice keeper. I still can't believe the opportunity we've thrown away

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    IT'S TIME TO BRING VIDEO REPLAYS INTO FOOTBALL.Video guy up in the stand watching replays and helping with decisions like in rugby. Too much at stake and refs seem to be getting worse.
    You'd need 2 guys watching the video in case either was incompetent or a cheat. Or maybe have a panel of video referees.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    You know what, it takes a special kind of negativity to think like that.
    I must have that special kind of negativity as well then because it was my very first thought when my dad told me earlier. Then again, I've pretty much been on suicide watch since the weekend

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    So does it mean that when EVERY club writes in then the CO will offer players who do this sort of thing and it's missed by the Ref a ban??

Precedence has now been set.

And BTW how childish are Smellic being.
    I'd doubt it's connected to Celtic writing in to be honest.

My problem with this is that the SFA seem to make it up as they go. In England the retrospective punishments are relatively predictable. Here we have "not proven" verdicts for clear headbutts and now this. 2 game bans for dives but only 2/3 games for Jim Goodwin after repeated assaults. Why does the EPL seem to get most of this right and SFA are so badly wrong or so badly at odds with public opinion?

A few years back it seemed FIFA would allow no retrospective punishment - remember Eduardos dive against Celtic. Then it was possible for incidents the ref hadn't seen. Then few years back in EPL they decided that they could give additional punishment on exceptional cases where ref had seen - think it came after that Calum Mcmananan challenge on a Newcastle player.

But was it ever intended to be used in a case like this? Refs and assistants had clear view and didn't give it.

Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    A few years back it seemed FIFA would allow no retrospective punishment - remember Eduardos dive against Celtic.
    Alleged dive...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    My problem with this is that the SFA seem to make it up as they go. In England the retrospective punishments are relatively predictable. Here we have "not proven" verdicts for clear headbutts and now this. 2 game bans for dives but only 2/3 games for Jim Goodwin after repeated assaults. Why does the EPL seem to get most of this right and SFA are so badly wrong or so badly at odds with public opinion?

A few years back it seemed FIFA would allow no retrospective punishment - remember Eduardos dive against Celtic. Then it was possible for incidents the ref hadn't seen. Then few years back in EPL they decided that they could give additional punishment on exceptional cases where ref had seen - think it came after that Calum Mcmananan challenge on a Newcastle player.

But was it ever intended to be used in a case like this? Refs and assistants had clear view and didn't give it.

Madness
    If that is the case then it's time Scottish football binned our referees and their assistants and brought them in from elsewhere.

If our referees are so incompetent or so biased then there is little point in entering any competition organised by the SFA/SFPL.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    I wish Hibs would've made this much of a fuss when Craig Thomson shafted us in the Hertz cup final with the awarding of that penalty , this in-turn meaning he would never officiate any of our future matches..
    That final was just a side show for the media and the SFA as the main topic was where will Rangers play next season

Don't really have an issue with the compliance officer dealing with it. Fair enough the guy is likely to get banned, but has taken one for the team. Had he not Celtic would have certainly scored and been out of sight

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I can't believe this. If this goes through I expect Hibs to contest every refereeing error against us thoroughly including encouraging supporters to lobby the compliance officer.

What a Micky mouse set up the SFA is.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    If that is the case then it's time Scottish football binned our referees and their assistants and brought them in from elsewhere.

If our referees are so incompetent or so biased then there is little point in entering any competition organised by the SFA/SFPL.
    Trouble with that would be the SFA/SPFL giving them their briefing before they took up post. "We have the two big weegie teams who you give everything to and Hearts when they play Hibs, then the other ****** we diddy teams who get nought, got it. Anyone who breaks these easy to understand rules will be sacked."

[QUOTE=NadeAteMyLunch!;4354798]I must have that special kind of negativity as well then because it was my very first thought when my dad told me earlier. Then again, I've pretty much been on suicide watch since the weekend[/QUOTE]

You really are a sad person even joking about it

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberts1875 View Post
    Don't really have an issue with the compliance officer dealing with it. Fair enough the guy is likely to get banned, but has taken one for the team. Had he not [B]Celtic would have certainly scored and been out of sight
    Do you have the lottery numbers for the morra?

Don't really have an issue with the compliance officer dealing with it. Fair enough the guy is likely to get banned, but has taken one for the team. Had he not Celtic would have certainly scored and been out of sight
    How do you know they would have scored the penalty

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I've only just saw this, and cannae believe it. It's nonsense.

Will the compliance officer be intervening to hand out second yellow cards for players who've already been booked and get away with another foul now as well? Maybe he can sit in his office and time how long goalies take to kick the ball from thier hands, book a few of them for time wasting.

This is horse**** and never in a million years would it be happening if the roles were reversed, if it was Scott Brown who got away with the same hand ball and Celtc went on to win the game we'd no be hearing about him being suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    ..for handball against Celtic. This would rule him out of the final. He has rejected it. I think this is absolutely crazy! Has it ever been done before for handball???

Well done Celtic, you could've just cost a player a cup final appearance

I actually give up.... The games a bogie if players are being retrospectively punished for this. And the Scottish Cup Final?!! Boy will be devastated. As I said, if this is the road we're going down there will be a hell of a lot of players being punished.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    PPS: I've heard a wee whisper that Steve McLean (the referee) is or was a season ticket holder at Ibrox. Could this possibly be true? Just asking.
    lol... no dude. No, he definitely isn't and never has been a season ticket holder at Ibrox.

Thought I'd stumbled onto Kerrydale Street there.

McLean is one of our better referees and he's made a mistake. How many mistakes like these have been made in Celtic's favour over the years? They should wind their necks in.

Banning the player for the final is petty. I'm not even convinced it was a penalty. Were his arms really in an unnatural position for trying to block the ball with his body?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Yet again Tho, trial by tv. Last week the RangersTV commentators said that Vuckic should have been sent off for a headbutt against livingston. No tv footage so no retrospective action.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    lol... no dude. No, he definitely isn't and never has been a season ticket holder at Ibrox.

Thought I'd stumbled onto Kerrydale Street there.

McLean is one of our better referees and he's made a mistake. How many mistakes like these have been made in Celtic's favour over the years? They should wind their necks in.

Banning the player for the final is petty. I'm not even convinced it was a penalty. Were his arms really in an unnatural position for trying to block the ball with his body?
    I kind of agree with you here. I think these days when the ball plays the man and he has an outstretched arm, especially when it stops the ball going into the net a pen would normally always be given. However, I don't think he deliberately handled the ball and that's where a penalty plus booking should be given. If he had dived across the goal and tipped it over the bar then yes it's a red card. The punishment of the penalty in most of the cases where the ball plays the man coupled with a yellow card should be enough.

Edit: After reading what I wrote I'm now of the mind that a player should not even get a booking if it's not deliberate but the penalty should be given if his hand ball stops a goal.
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 21-04-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Yet again Tho, trial by tv. Last week the RangersTV commentators said that Vuckic should have been sent off for a headbutt against livingston. No tv footage so no retrospective action.
    Kenny Miller's hit on Paul Hanlon face at Ibrox after the ball was away (caught on camera)

SFA are scared of Celtic. Nothing more to say.

Left by mutual consent!
    The past week has been a disaster for the SFA, they need to come up with some solutions on the way they are run sharply

I don't, but had he not stuck out an arm the ball would have ben in the net....forget the penalty, there wouldn't have been one

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'd doubt it's connected to Celtic writing in to be honest.

You have to be joking? There is no way on gods green earth that the SFA make this decision without a complaint for that vile lot.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Aye whatever Broonie.